Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akimbo

BladeMaverick

Something I've just had a random thought process on.. not sure if it's been thrown about on forums, I can't be arsed to search for it right now to just revive a potentially dead thread.

Why does it require a blueprint, two already constructed weapons, a rare material, 12+ hours..just to hold two guns at once?

When it comes to weapons, I think this should be obvious. I understand for the game-mechanic to force the player to -make- an akimbo weapon so the game knows that the player has the proper weapon for akimbo, instead of say, loading a weapon into each hand to use as akimbo.

Since the game requires either the weapon being by itself or akimbo (datamass withstanding), why not make the blueprint be instantanious instead of waiting 12 hours to be able to dual-fist certain guns?

i think the akimbo/dual bps should just cost double the resources of a single weapon variant instead of two of the same guns, some weapons (i'm looking at you single Bronco) out DPS their dual/Akimbo variant. with a possible extended build time (24 hours instead of 12 since your crafting 2 of the same weapons)

What I meant was.. according to the current system, you need to build two of one weapon (Amongst the list available to Akimbo), so Afuris, Dual Broncos, etc. After you take the time to build both of them, it takes an additional 12 hours and a rare material to be able to hold both weapons at the same time.

Eliminate the rare material and time constraint, just buy the blueprint, or have it available FREE, and viola, akimbo.

Rewording this since apparently some people are not catching my point.

i think the akimbo/dual bps should just cost double the resources of a single weapon variant instead of two of the same guns, some weapons (i'm looking at you single Bronco) out DPS their dual/Akimbo variant. with a possible extended build time (24 hours instead of 12 since your crafting 2 of the same weapons)

Logically this would be suitable. Instead of spending the 36+ hours (Because who's going to have -all- the materials off hand to build two of the same weapon and wait 12 hours for one to finish, start the next one immediately, another 12 hours, then build the akimbo) waiting around, you can have it done in 12~24.

So the mods work on both.

wat

it takes 200 enslaved love doctor corpus techs 12 hours to nudge two identical weps into spooning range else they might not be into each other and break up :(

dafuq

To a degree I assume it's a means of restricting which pistols can be akimboed. For example, they wouldn't want someone using 2 Krakens or 2 Lexes.

Not what I was going for. We already know what weapons are restricted to akimbo and what are not. If you haven't noticed, most akimbo weapons require two of their respective weapon.

--------

Back to LasersGoPewPew's point..

Though at this point another thought came up that's relevant : Saaay..you rank up one gun. As an example, a Furis. You want to upgrade to Afuris but you don't want to buy the doubled-up Afuris print (Requires double of everything a normal Furis would require to make both weapons and takes 24 hours to make). You can buy an Akimbo-Blueprint that allows you to combine two weapons into what's needed for Akimbo, all you need to do is build another Furis, and use the akimbo blueprint. Shave 12 hours build time, and allow you to instantly combine two Furis into an Afuris without having to wait another 12 hours and use a rare material.

This way you have a choice if you really don't want to keep your single weapon, but you want to make use of it instead of selling it for 5k via inventory, or you could just build, using a single blueprint, double resources and time (24 hours), an Afuris and keep your single Furis.

To a degree I assume it's a means of restricting which pistols can be akimboed. For example, they wouldn't want someone using 2 Krakens or 2 Lexes.

this is completely out of place but i think the lex should have a revolver skin i am sure i am not the only one who thinks it fits better as a revolver then a magnum lol and ya akimbo lexes would be super powerful

I suppose it's kind of ridiculous that you have to wait for 12 hours before you can hold two guns in each hand.

Considering the lore, how does one mod affect both guns?

I assumed crafting dual pistols was not just sitting there for 12 hours without realizing you can hold them both, but the process of connecting them in a way so that one mod can affect both guns.