Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Builds: Sonicor

DEATHLOK

Question

I'm getting tired of online builds that are obviously not used, but thrown up as fast as possible for view counts or altered to look "original," despite clear and insurmountable shortcomings. I'm getting tired of builds by guys who may not play the game all that much. I'm growing frustrated with all the outdated builds online.

I'd like to share builds with players not trying to be YouTube stars. I'd like to see how other people handle certain problems. If you ever think the same way, maybe you can post your builds. We need to see A, B and C builds—not just one.

Let's not link to the Warframe Builder. People should be able to see and find what they want here. Crop screen shots to keep the images small and relevant.

I'd like to see builds that you consider the best or smartest.

The Sonicor is an ammo efficient sidearm that excels at crowd control. With it, you can charge through crowds, blast enemies across the map, and push enemies away from an objective.

Sonicor%20A_zpsdzmv1wpp.jpg

Sonicor%20B_zpsnxxv64rl.jpg

Sonicor%20C_zpse5jeeybw.jpg

Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, and Lethal Torrent are probably on everyone's build. I'm using Magnum Force to get as much use from the gun as possible, and the accuracy does not seem to suffer much for it. The third build, with Pummel, is for the Corpus faction. Perhaps I should have focused on Viral or Gas damage, instead, but what I have does seem at least marginally effective. These builds seem to work well enough on enemies up Sortie levels. The first build, with Blast damage, is what throws enemies across maps.

I hope you have time to share your own build or comments.

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, DEATHLOK said:

Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, and Lethal Torrent are probably on everyone's build.

Not for me. Honestly, I don't get why so many people add damage to this gun-- a minmaxed Sonicor is still basically a pea shooter against anything above level 50, so why bother?
I build mine for 100% utility under the assumption that it deals zero damage.

mlVX3uG.png

- Magnum Force + Multishot allows the now-slightly-inaccurate shots to scatter when hitting corners or curved surfaces, maximizing mayhem. (But I'm debating on getting rid of all three in favour of Anemic Agility + two other utility mods, since this is rather situational.)
- Blast damage is mandatory. Why gently pop enemies into the air when you can launch them into orbit?
- Reload time goes from "unbearably slow" to "extremely fast".
- Strong quick-melee weapon is mandatory, since you're holding a gun that basically does no damage.

Edited by SortaRandom

There are a few ways to build Sonicor depending on the Element you're using and the faction you're fighting. Each build has it's perks above the others.

I tend to use a Crit build the most since it has the highest AoE damage per shot and it keeps the status procs clean by not adding needless elemental types, I also use a Status build on occasion.

I also use Quickdraw on Sonicor as the 3s reload allows enemies to get up in time to shoot you which is counter productive to it's ideal use of locking enemies down to face your wrath. I also avoid using Blast on this weapon because as mentioned it already locks enemies down. Adding Blast to knock enemies away from you is effectively saving them and not doing you any real good.

Outside the basic Hornet Strike + Barrel Diffusion + Lethal Torrent + 90%x2 Elemental you have three slots. One is my preference of Quick draw. The other two depend on your preference and use of the weapon. I can attempt to abridge their different perks for you to decide between.

Numbers (in) are assuming a +75% modifier against the chosen elemental Damage.

Crit Build: 4771.2 (7341.6) Single Target, 3051.02 (4694.7) AoE,  39% Proc weight, 0.237 Elemental Status Trigger per shot

Highest AoE Damage. works best for lower lvl armored or unarmored hordes of enemies. Radiation, Viral, Pure Toxic or Corrosive are good elements.

Magnum + Pummel 7700.7 (10,801.25) Single Target , 2023.59 (3950.46) AoE

Highest Single Target Damage. Lower elemental proc weight than the Crit build.

Quad Elemental 7190.4 (9760.8) Single Target, 2636.48 (3578.96) AoE

Best Marriage of Single Target and AoE, Low Elemental proc weight for a specific elemental but equal dual procs. Good for Magnetic + Toxic or Rad + Viral.

60/60%x2  6384 (10164) Single Target, 2128 (3388) AoE , 48% Proc weight, 0.7392 Elemental Status Trigger per shot

Another marriage of perks between SIngle + AoE in addition to Status.This one is ideal for Corrosive or Viral Elements and plays well with a ground finisher technique.

7 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

I build mine for 100% utility under the assumption that it deals zero damage.

I'm not so sure about that. I shoot things, they die. It's certainly not my ill will alone that kills enemies. Maybe you meant to say that it does not do as much damage as you want it to do.

4 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

I'm not so sure about that. I shoot things, they die. It's certainly not my ill will alone that kills enemies. Maybe you meant to say that it does not do as much damage as you want it to do.

The problem is against high-leveled enemies that the Sonicor simply doesn't have sufficient damage/status/crit to handle. You can build the thing for max damage all you want, but the only way it's going to be killing level 80+ Heavies within a reasonable timeline is from the bug where they insta-die from being ragdolled for too long (which is actually easier to accomplish with a Blast+Utility build than a raw damage build).

Why bother trying to slowly Sonicor something to death when you can quick-melee it to death twenty times as fast?

It is far easier to squeeze damage out of a weapon than it is Status or special effects.

This is why weapons like Torrid will get you much further than Tonkor outside CPx4.

If you put a 90% x2 + 60/60 x2 Sonicor with a damage buff frame like Rhino, Mirage, Chroma, Banshee then it will go pretty far.

There are plenty of damage buffs in the game but only Mirage can technically buff stats trigger per shot.