Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anti-Cheat? How About Anti-Troll?

WeissKreuz

As much as I despise cheating in a co-op game, I can keep it away from me if I wish. But the ever increasing number of trolls in Council chat is appalling. Region is beyond description at most times. Give us some way to handle these fools. It should not be this hard. Please. Come up with something.

tumblr_mlmfivFZD11s0x8bxo1_500.gif

I didn't mention clan chat, clan chat is not an issue. But moderators shouldn't have to take time to mute the worst ones.... in council. Trolls will be ignored by 10-15 people with in a minute. It wouldn't be hard to set something up that auto-mutes people who have been ignored by so many people with in so many minutes, for 5 minutes or something.

Sure. You could false-flood some one with ignores, and mute them, as a troll. But with a 5 minute limit, why bother.

Or come up with another idea. Try to be part of the solution.

If DE was listening last night, there were a lot of cries, still, for some kind of community controlled moderation in Council.

As much as I despise cheating in a co-op game, I can keep it away from me if I wish. But the ever increasing number of trolls in Council chat is appalling. Region is beyond description at most times. Give us some way to handle these fools. It should not be this hard. Please. Come up with something.

tumblr_mlmfivFZD11s0x8bxo1_500.gif

Easy solution already in-game.  Right-click on player name in player list to right of chat and click ignore.  Hey, at least DE still gets their money even if no one hears that person anymore lol!

@Starbridge

And how often would trolls kick people during an alert *right* before extraction so they dont get anything?

How often would trolls kick people right before the end of a defense wave leading to extraction?

How would you feel if you were playing in a group of three and were just about to a boss room...and they kicked you so that they can add one of their friends who just got online?

See the problem with allowing host kicks/vote kicks?

There really needs to be some sort of votekick in the game, but I know that it might do more harm than good for basically the same reasons that Tsukinoki said. I've played plenty of F2P games where I would votekicked for no reason and that really steams your broccoli, trust me.

I think the only way to have a successful kicking system is to limit that power to players that will use it responsibly. I've seen F2P games that just sell 'Mod' privileges in the cash shop, going by the logic that if a player is willing to invest money in a F2P game they deserve more power than those that don't pay. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT DO THIS! Giving unchecked power to a group of players that include trolls with disposable income is a very bad idea.

Another option would be some sort of karma or fame system where players can 'rep' other players, although this is very unfairly biased towards players in mega-clans that will just rep everyone else in their clan, while players that aren't exposed to as many other players will barely get any at all. Also not a particularly good idea.

The third idea, which I personally think is the best, would be very difficult and time-consuming. Players would have to apply to DE for Votekick privileges, and then they would be reviewed and either accepted or rejected based on their behavior. Obviously due to the sheer number of players, letting just anyone apply would flood the review council and nothing would ever get done, so some sort of restriction would need to be put in place to bottleneck applications. The first one that comes to mind would be that the player must mave cleared every node in the solar system, and not just carried by a player who has unlocked them all by just doing one mission from each planet and having them all open. This would require a player to invest a sizable amount of time into the game. The people on the council reviewing players could be a weak link though, as some might not be as thorough or just hand out privileges willy-nilly just to be nice.

Hopefully you can build on my suggestions and maybe DE will notice. That would be nice.

@Brosagi

Or a better solution would be this:

A blacklist. You play a game with someone and dont want to ever play with them again? Add them to your blacklist. You can no longer randomly be paired up with them again, as in they cant join your games and you cant join their games. They can still be directly invited into games your in but that would be a small occurance.

AFK Vote Kick. This would be the only limited vote kick that would actually work. After so long of being AFK, or spending time in a single room alone with no party members, it would allow the other people to vote to kick you from the game. This would mean that people who afk during defense missions can be kicked out, or the people who afk with a single data mass.

And because you could only vote kick AFK people, or people who are endlessly moving in a single room, such as running against a wall, and without any other players in the same room for a decent amount of time means that it wouldn't be abusable.

Any other form of vote kick can and would be abused.