Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginning to build up Trinity Prime, Need Help

(XBOX)doritospope1st

Question

Greetings! I'm comparatively new to the game. I've played for about a week, and I'm about to hit Mastery Level 4. I've not left Mars yet, save for queuing with friends. Thanks to the intervention of friends/whatnot, I've got Trinity Prime under construction presently, as well as the Aura Helmet. I also have the Energy Vampire mod thingie that you ordinarily get from being Rank 25 with the Syndicate.

I'd like to make a good build for her out of the gate, however I understand that many of the mods I require are extremely high-level and I simply don't have access to them yet. As I work towards those high end mods, what would be a build with more commonly available mods, such as Flow instead of Primed Flow, and so forth? I simply cannot acquire things like Transient Fortitude or Fleeting Expertise until later in the game.

Moreover, what would be some good weapons to compliment her playstyle?

Thanks again

5 answers to this question

Given you said you had access to Vampire Leech, I tried to make a setup based around that. I also tried to avoid Prime Mods, Corrupted Mods (Like Fleeting and TF) and Nightmare mods (Like Constitution). So it basically focuses more on your survival, and ability to supply energy and shields. It looks like this.

So let me quickly go into why each mod was chosen in this build:

• Vitality and Redirection - These given you a ton of health and shield to help you survive.
  • Flow and Streamline - Use to maximize your energy pool, while reducing cost as well.
  • Mobilize - Very low cost mobility option. Could also use Rush too, or instead of it if your prefer.
  • Stretch - Let's you make the most of your limited power range by expanding the range which Energy Vampire can affect allies.
  • Vampire Leech - You said you had it. :)
  • Intensify - Used to increase the energy regen of Energy Vampire, and also Blessing to be a 100% heal.

This setup is pretty typical for most frames early on, though some opt for extra duration. You could use Continuity still if you wish to make it more of a hybrid build.

As for weapons, with this setup you'd definitely want something that can hit quite hard, as that will likely be the main way you get to make use of Energy Vampire. This is because when an enemy dies while this ability is actively on them, it will instantly grants the remaining energy/shields it would have given over time.

In general though, one you get her going weapons won't matter as much and you'll be a bit more free to use what you want. Just for the time being, you have to use something hard hitting to kinda make up for not having the extra duration for the build.

As for the mods you're missing it shouldn't be too long until you can handle the derelicts.  I wish you luck when you do go for those, and I hope this Build is able to help you out in the mean time.

Edited by Ruby_Rose_

The short answer is the builds vary.  It really is going to depend on the powers you want to use.  For all her abilities power strength (Intensify mod) and range (Stretch mod) are useful.  If you plan to use her #3 power (Link) than more duration (Continuity mod) is better.  When you get Transient Fortitude and Fleeting Expertise they can make Energy Vampire a real killer -- it does the same damage but over a much shorter period of time (but they make her #3 mostly useless to you as it becomes very short.)

Energy Vampire means you don't need to worry about efficiency too much.  And Flow is fine, you will be generating you own energy fast enough you don't need more.  (And in fact the less total Energy you have the faster you get over-shields with the augment mod you have.)

As to a weapon depends on play style.  How close to you like to be to the enemy?  I tend to use shotguns but its a matter of taste.

Keep in mind Energy Vampire gives off the energy gradually over time.  Or you can get it all at once by killing the target.  My weapon choice is based on hitting an enemy with Energy Vampire and then killing it fast, and then repeating that again and again.

Not a full build like you asked for.  But hopefully has some useful information for you.  My suggestion is just play with her a bit.  Figure out what of her abilities you like and then start worrying about building around them.

Trying to add things to what Ruby_Rose_ told you, I'd want to clarify that there are 2 different ways to build a Trinity, the EV version, and the Bless one.

EV is by far the most popular build on her, and what you are looking for. It's focused into spaming Energy Vampire. It's built by maxing power range (up to 250%) and reducing duration to a minimum of 12'5% (rounded to 13%). The bad part of it is that you have to play orokin vault missions, as you can't reduce duration without corrupted mods. It's also a "full support" build, you won't do too much going solo, although you will buff a lot your team.

By the other hand, there's the Bless build. It's built with a lot of duration and range. It's focused on using Blessing to reduce damage taken by all the nearby allies (including you). It's not that popular, but it allows you to play alone (you can use Link and even the never-used 1st ability) and it's easier to reach. You can start with the mods that Ruby has suggested.

I have to say that Orokin vault is something rather easy to do, and you only need the dragon keys, that are in the Orokin lab at the Dojo. Go with your friends and farm some mods, you will increase your warframes' potential a lot, it's really worth.

Edit: I forgot the weapons part. If you really want to take some benefit from EV without a proper build, you can get a shotgun like Tigris or Hek and follow the pattern "EV on a enemy, kill it, Ev on another enemy, kill it". If you are playing with the rest of abilities and/or following the Bless build, you don't really need any special weapon. You have a lot of weapons to try out, don't limit yourself yet :P

Edited by Xionema

Thanks a bunch! I think I have many of those mods, so I'll get to work plugging them in, as it were. My dojo is getting closer towards Dragon Keys so from there I can work on the fancier mods. I just wanted to have some sort of baseline in the meantime as I go towards that.

Are bows considered hard-hitting, or should I be looking more at shotguns or the like?