Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need help with building Nikana Prime (on a budget)

LoneWandererZed

Question

Hi everyone! So I took almost a 2 year break from this game, and last week I decided to start playing again. Now Nikanas are probably my favorite melee weapons and I decided to buy myself a Nikana Prime.

But as the title says I am really crapppy when it comes to modding weapons/frames  (especially after these updates), and I need some help with... well modding my weapon.

This Is what I run atm: http://prntscr.com/e1ksvq

(also I don't have any primed mods but i do have almost every nightmare/corrupted mod)

Edited by LoneWandererZed

5 answers to this question

You have a nice status chance. Use that to your advantage.

Depending on the faction you're going against, it's best to use Corrosive for high-armor values (Grinner, and big Infested).

This can easily be implemented with Virulent Scourge and, depending on your budget, Voltaic Strike/Shocking Touch

Viral works well against Corpus and small Infested, as it halves the health value. 

Hope this helps.

ur build is fine OP. u have made good use of ur mods now.

poster above mentioned life strike and reach. this is gonna be down to personal preference/gameplay style really. (i dont use life strike with nekros or nidus for example)

as for mod points, an unranked lifestrike where organ shatter is on the D slot will cost 2 mod points. Organ Shatter can go where Jagged Edge is and u can max out Blood Rush. u will actually have mod points left over at this point, enough to slot a Primed Pressure Point when u can afford to obtain one/rank one. no forma necessary. 

Primed Reach is another mod to considering acquiring when u can afford or have the chance for.