Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Executioner Crowd Control Synergizes Too Well (Rathuum)

Yuni_Hermit

This is an issue specifically between Executioner Dok Thul and Executioner Dhurnam, in the high-level Vodyanoi mission.

When Dok Thul and Dhurnam are in the same match, Dok Thul appears to be spawning with a copy of Dhurnam's crowd control abilities. This synergizes -incredibly well-, unfairly so. Here is the situation that cropped up over and over again, every time they were in the same match.

1: Dhurnam uses switch teleport. My character stands still, 'confused', even while Dok Thul is smacking him in the face with his Amphas.

2: Before Switch Teleport stun wears off, Dok Thul throws a flashbang grenade, re-stunning and blinding me.

3: Before the flashbang stun wears off (the stun, not the blind), Dok Thul Switch Teleports me again, re-stunning me.

4: Before this second Switch Teleport stun/confusion wears off, I am dead.

From the first Switch Teleport (which cannot be dodged as it has no projectile or incoming warning, so there is NO counterplay), all the way until death, I am completely unable to move. No counterplay, no ability to react, no chance to attack or do anything really, just switch, flashbang, switch, dead, no player input accepted.

This happens over, and over, and over if they are in the same match. I realize they need to be resistant to crowd control to make it fair, but when their crowd control synergizes this well in a chain, there is no opportunity for player skill or counterplay to be used. It's not punishing a bad player, I literally have no ability to react whatsoever, so I could be player Tenno #1 and it will still kill me.

Isn't Dhurnam supposed to be the only one with those skills?

Sidenote: A player standing still and looking around confused after switch teleport while someone is melee-attacking them from the front is silly. It damages immersion because it's not even close to a realistic reaction. If you're being shot, yes you have no idea where the bullets are coming from, but while being hit in the face with a stick? C'mon. That would take precedence over orienting yourself.

Edit: Side note 2: I never saw Dok Thul use his magnetize skill for the entire match. Dok Thul appears to be spawning with only Dhurnam's abilities instead, even in matches where Dhurnam is not present.

Edited by Yuni_Hermit

Some time ago players complained about switch teleport on grineer commanders. No telegraph, no warning, no counterplay possible. 

Scaled up to levels where it can/will regularly kill you just points out how fun and balanced it is. Yet other players were adamant about how easy they "counter" commanders.

Throw in some additional cc and executioners that will kill you in less than a second and that's were the fun starts. Yet other players will claim how easy they steamroll (cheese) grineer arena.

tl;dr cheese or get cheesed.