Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Hek question...

grdivrag

Question

Hello!

I've been playing the Hek for a month, and I'm really loving it. I'm searching for a build to get the most of it, this is what I have so far:

0eef90e8f27846009693e67fd558bd87.png

NOTE: No Primed Point Blank because I'm poor :) and formas aren't a problem. Didn't put them into the pic for simplicity.

I have two questions regarding the build, or to be exact, regarding the X and Y slots on the picture.

In the X slot I want to put an elemental mod to combo with Blaze. So far I have come up with the following:

1) Frigid Blast - gets Blast damage and puts the status chance to 100%. The question is, is the 100% status chance really necessary? Sometimes I think I'd rather have some utility like..

2) Chilling Reload - gets Blast damage and at max level I get +60% cold (like with Frigid Blast) and reduce the reload speed by 40%

3) Some other elemental mod?

Next, the Y slot. It's a bigger issue to me at the moment. I really don't have a clue what to put in it... Some of my candidates are:

1) Vicious spread - like the damage, but the spread doesn't appeal much to me...

2) Accelerated Blast - more puncture DMG, bigger rate of fire

3) Seeking Fury - smaller reload time, penetrates enemies

4) Another elemental mod

6) Ammo stock at rank 3 to increase magazine size

7) Something COMPLETELY different

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this got a bit long!

Cheers!

6 answers to this question

Hek is more of a hard hitter than a status shotgun, so I'd stick for Chilling Reload. It even helps with the 4 rounds per magazine. I would also suggest switching the positions so they'd give radiation + viral, when you're fighting high level grineers.

Hek is also closer to a shotgun-sniper than a pellet spreader, unlike boar. So Accelerated Blast could be a good addition, especially with its annoyingly low rate of fire. I don't know about Ammo Stock's effectiveness since I never tried calculating the sustained DPS out of adding it.

You could add Tainted Shell, to make it more precise and much more effective at mid or high range.

100% Status chance is something that is typically left up to personal preference. There are a couple of weapons I ensure I have 100% status on because I'm going in on a boss or high level enemies and want to have absolutely consistent results

I've never found spread to be an issue with the Hek. From personal experience, I use Vicious spread all the time and the spread is not noticed on the Hek, as it would be with other shotguns.

Increased reload speed is nice, but ultimately, I don't use it because I don't find the speed to be slow enough to be an issue. If you have chilling reload and want the status effect, slap it on and you can't go wrong. You may need to switch your mods around to ensure you keep radiation damage but that can be easily changed.

Ammo stock, to me, is where the Hek needs attention. I definitely notice the extra shots in tight situations. I recall not using a fully leveled ammo stock on my Hek. I want to say that 40% is the highest you get out of it in terms of extra shots. It has been awhile since I modded around with the default Hek, I'm afraid.

Spoiler

U0SknIy.jpg

My Hek build, minus a primed point blank, to give you more realistic stats. 

15 hours ago, grdivrag said:

1) Frigid Blast - gets Blast damage and puts the status chance to 100%. The question is, is the 100% status chance really necessary? Sometimes I think I'd rather have some utility like..

Three 60% status-elemental mods puts the Hek at 99.4% status chance. Four 60% status-elemental mods puts the Hek at 99.97% status chance (which is rounded up to 100% in the Arsenal due to the number of decimal points). At 99.97% status chance and 29.6 pellets, you only have a 23.7% chance to proc a status effect per pellet, not 100%.

With Hell's Chamber, Scattered Justice, and Blaze, and without Accelerated Blast or 90% elemental mods, the Hek averages

• 3.2 status procs per shot (1.0 elemental procs) with 2 60% status-elemental mods
  • 4.6 status procs per shot (1.7 elemental procs) with 3 60% status-elemental mods
  • 7.0 status procs per shot (3.0 elemental procs) with 4 60% status-elemental mods

Accelerated Blast decreases the chance of a proc being elemental, and the 90% elemental mods boost the chance of a proc being elemental. For procs like Radiation and Viral which only require one proc to be effective, you can viably make a status Hek by forgoing Accelerated Blast. For Corrosive, you're better off going for pure damage.