Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Suggestions

theasl

EDIT: Well, okay. After the first response, let's turn this into a thread about what everyone would like to see in alerts.

Here's mine, from my original post:

2 things first: I know alert system has just been redone, but those were minor changes (in that it's not readily noticeable to the common player). Also, if someone else has thought of this before, good for them and I didn't mean to copy.

Anyways, what I'm suggesting is to get rid of ? alerts and make alerts more like normal missions - raid, spy, capture, etc. give random rewards from a special alert pool, and others give extra credits to compensate. This will make more people do alert missions and remove any famine complaints, as it's personal RNG and not community-wide. Endless defenses can even be added in, to allow more of a choice of rewards.

As far as credit-only rewards (exterm, sabotage, assassinate, etc.), more credits need to be given than the current 2k-10k range: maybe base it on level, with Mercury alerts giving the current 2k-10k and Pluto alerts topping out at T3 void levels or even higher.

This could remove a lot of complaints about the current alert system (though admittedly creating different complaints) and really make the missions more desirable.

Edited by theasl

IMO, I'm kinda on the Fence about Alerts.

I did get Vauban Helmet today, I was all colors of surprised when I saw that pop I was like "Woah!"

First, DE, I LOVE the Time Extensions on Special/Highly-Sought After Alert Rewards. Thank you so much for that.

Second, we're still seeing some "Meh" items coming up often. I'm not trying to be Too Greedy here, but... I found it kind of Odd that Steel Charge happened twice within the same 12 hour period a couple days ago. I saw that ?, alt-tabbed to twitter and I was like ".....steel charge? Again? Really?"

But oh well, such is life I suppose.

I will admit that I've been seeing more variety of things popping out of Alerts (again, I'm now 2/3 Vauban!), which is nice.

Still seeing a huge mountain of No-Reward Alerts (well, nothing beyond the creds). Hopefully a lot of those will turn into Resource Rewards, as I STILL cannot get a Control Module and I have two warframes at 2/3 and I have a 3/3 and I can't make any because I have 0 control modules. I've done dozens and dozens of Neptune missions and I still don't have a control module. It just will not drop, at all. My current non-30 Warframe is 24, looks like I'm going to hit 30 with nothing new to level, so yay for wasted Warframe XP.

Hopefully U9 comes soon and brings with it Resource Alerts, and hopefully Control Modules are added and happen reasonably often; I'm tired of grinding Neptune for hours and not seeing a single module.