Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe and internet usage

(PSN)watt4hem

Question

So, warframe is my first ever online multiplayer game so i have very little experience with online stuff. I'm planning to bring my ps4 to my lodging (studying away from home) but i'm going to have restricted internet.

My question is, how much gig does playing warframe need? (Or whatever measurements used)

4 answers to this question

I dont know it your ISP is also calculating uploaded packets into your limit. Just to be sure dont host, always look for other hosts. Also game updates will eat up some of your data limit.
ONLY way to know how much MB warframe uses (lets say in 10min survival round) is to measure it yourself. It deppends on A LOT of things, if you plan to run around liset it wont eat up much but if you'll do sorties and go to relays and stay there for longer times it might eat up a big chunk.
[DE]Glen might be able to give you a rough estimate.

My router was being crap last night and I had to play off my phone hotspot. Ran on there for about an hour with my buddy and I was host the whole time. Did the sortie and several runs on Akkad with a full team. After an hour I checked my phone and it used 105MB of data. It might be less if you don't host.

But for online gaming in general restricted internet isn't great. My xbox averages about 100GB a month, and that's without updating or downloading anything.

11 hours ago, Error989 said:

Snip

1 hour ago, (XB1)Nihilistic Taco said:

Snip

Thanks! This helped alot :clem:

1 hour ago, (XB1)Nihilistic Taco said:

My router was being crap last night and I had to play off my phone hotspot. Ran on there for about an hour with my buddy and I was host the whole time. Did the sortie and several runs on Akkad with a full team. After an hour I checked my phone and it used 105MB of data. It might be less if you don't host.

That doesn't seem too bad at all, i mostly only do sorties and trading now a  days anyways, been playing dragon age alot