Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mission Mechanic] Challenge Objective System and its Rewards

FoxFX

THE CURRENT CHALLENGE SYSTEM AND THE CURRENT REWARDS OF IT

http://i.imgur.com/6agXKWf.jpg

Link to the Sandbox Thread for Listing Possible Challenges

Each mission we enter, there is a bottom "Challenge Objective" we are given the option to complete. It has come to some attention that this system itself is relatively outdated in comparison to the new evolving gameplay of Warframe. The reward for these challenges can also leave little to be desired for in some situations. There is also the lack of freedom to choose what challenges we can take on in missions.

In the above link, I have made a sandbox thread of a "Challenge 2.0." This introduces a new Challenge System with the following:

1. It allows players to choose from a small pool of Daily/Weekly Challenges they would like to take on before entering a mission
  2. It diversifies and expands on the number of Challenges there are
  3. It allows a majority of challenges to be "Team-Shared." Meaning that even a teammate's action would contribute to the progress of a Challenge
  4. It introduces unique challenges specifically for a type of Warframe a player can do
  5. It opens the possibility of challenges for special missions like Kuva,Void Traces, Syndicates, etc.
  6. It introduces a better reward for challenges that won't just include Affinity but other items that could help veteran and newbie players alike
  7. It also takes on possibilities of having Challenges in a Tier system. Allowing players to choose the tier of the challenge for higher difficulty but better rewards

In this thread, please feel free to share your thoughts and experience with the current Challenge System mechanic.

Edited by FoxFX

There is also to note that there are some Challenges that are hidden in the game such as defeating all the Wardens in a Rescue Mission. If these "Hidden Challenges" should be brought out into the open or should be remained hidden would be an interesting debate on the topic.

Working in the sandbox thread on special individual Challenges for specific Warframes.

I want to also address a second reason for this feedback and this concept.http://puu.sh/rdqBz/b9ce3201d9.jpg

In a past Devstream, [DE] posted a chart on the participation counts of missions all over. There has been some talk from what I recall on trying to rework and review missions that have relatively lower counts of participation.

One idea I had long ago for this is to make these missions more rewarding to increase appeal of certain mission types. To do that, there would have to be some sort of system that would award players if they do some certain actions in a mission type. Thus, after a few months of thinking, the Challenge 2.0 started to come into fruition.

The Challenge Reward system we have now has been barely touched on for years. With recent updates to Parkour and so much more, I felt it was necessary to think up a way to update the Challenge Reward System into the Challenge 2.0.