Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tired Of Farming Control Modules....

Xylia

Seriously.

I'm like 10+ Hyena kills, and zero control modules.

I'm holding 5 Neural Sensors, at least 6 Neurodes, nearly 20 Cells......but 0 Control Modules.

None.

Couldn't we hotfix the drop rate to be a little better so that I might actually see one sometime this year? This is getting ridiculous. I'm tired of being stuck on Neptune. I've tried killing Hyena, I've tried doing Exterminate, I've tried doing Raid, nothing works.

Just did a CRYO Hyena. Freaking Cryo.

Much harder version as you have half of your shields.

What does the stupid thing drop?

A Fieldron Sample. Woooo. Didn't even give me a Loki BP.

IMO, Bosses should absolutely never drop Common or Research Materials. I hate putting in the work to kill a boss 10+ times and not even get one stupid freaking material that is holding me up. I got all kinds of Warframe BPs, but I can't do anything with them because of 1 stupid little item that absolutely refuses to drop at all.

So what exactly am I to do? Quit playing Warframe until Update9? Getting kinda tired of doing this crap over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and not seeing results. This needs fixed ASAP. Just double Hyena's chances of dropping it or something so that we have some way of obtaining this ridiculously rare item in some reasonable fashion between now and Update9.

And that's assuming Update9 is actually going to FIX the Control Module problem.

While it is horrible, I recommend playing in a squad. Switch that squad up ever 4 or so runs. (different players)  That may increase your chances. That way, at least you may get 1 module every 10 attempts or in less.

Why?

Becuase the 'R' in the games RNG isn't really random.

Edited by Vitalidad

While it is horrible, I recommend playing in a squad. Switch that squad up ever 4 or so runs.

Why?

Every single time I try to join a game, it is laggy as all hell.

In fact, today, I joined a squad, and followed the marker...........

And it lead to Extraction.

Apparently boss was already dead when I joined.

I thought that was not supposed to be possible?

Oh, and the lag was HORRENDOUS like it is in at least 75% of all games I join.

I hate farmings CMs too. There needs to be more locations with them. But at least there is Ferrite? 

Puh-lease, I have like 20k Ferrite, probably well on my way to 30k.

I don't need stinking Ferrite, nor do I need Nano Spores.

The way I see it, is I didn't have to go and kill Hyena to get stupid Ferrite or Nano Spores, or definitely not Fieldron Samples.

I can get those anywhere.

To have a boss drop that stupid crap is just ridiculous, because the effort involved in killing Hyena is a lot more effort than going to Terminus or M Prime and getting Ferrite there, or going to Saturn to get Nano Spores (I think that's Saturn? Or is it Uranus? Something like that).

I didn't put in all that effort to kill Hyena, only to YET AGAIN not receive a Control Module for the 10th+ time. Probably coming up on 15 times in a row now that he has failed to drop one.

IMO: A Boss should drop either a Blueprint OR the Rare Material (and ALWAYS the Rare Material if a material drops). If you don't get a BP, you get the Rare Material instead. That way you are ALWAYS rewarded when you kill a boss and you don't get so many "Ugh, nothing but a Fieldron!?!?" response when you put the work into killing the stupid thing.

And it would make the rare materials reasonable.

Having them be 2.5% from lockers/normal mobs is fine. But they really should be much higher on bosses. 25% is not cutting it. I can't remember the last time I rolled a % dice 15 times in a row and failed to get a 1-25.

Edited by Xylia

Every single time I try to join a game, it is laggy as all hell.

In fact, today, I joined a squad, and followed the marker...........

And it lead to Extraction.

Apparently boss was already dead when I joined.

Oh, and the lag was HORRENDOUS like it is in at least 75% of all games I join.

I updated my post as you posted yours.

Anyway, since online play is bad for you. (have you tried lowering ping filter? Clan?)

I recommend either:

Looting everything in the boss levels

Or

Looting everything in the missions that come after the boss.

Personally, I've found 95% of my modules, before today, from lockers and crates. How many have I obtained? At least 9 in a period of over a month. 8 of those came from crates and lockers. Really.

Edited by Vitalidad

Cannot wait for resource alerts in Alert system 2.1...

Assuming they actually include rare materials and 99% of them aren't Ferrite/Nano Spores/Salvage.......

And even then..... as I'm quickly losing the desire to even log onto Warframe because I'm tired of being gated behind this stupid ridiculously rare item.... I'm supposed to just.......not play until whenever it is they finally get Alert 2.1 out?

That's not a very good way of handling a long on-going problem with this game, IMO.

CMs have been a MAJOR annoyance for a very, VERY long time now. As long as I've been playing (I started right after U7).

This should have been fixed ages ago.

Edited by Xylia

For that to happen, you have to connect and be loading into the game when they kill the boss. Matchmaking won't kick you out even though you can't get the reward.

I do agree 100% with you on the tediousness of farming control modules, as I imagine anyone who's been making clantech does.

BTW: Online Play:

It isn't me.

I can play with two of my friends (who are also burnt out on it for the time being) just fine.

Setting your Ping does nothing, because PINGTIME IS NOT THE PROBLEM. The only thing setting your ping lower does, is exclude perfectly good hosts who have slightly higher ping, but also higher upstream bandwidth.

What is the problem?

Most ISPs have too weak of an Upstream Bandwidth to handle Warframe Hosting.

You need about 500-750kbps for each client you're hosting for. At least. This means for a very low lag 4-player game, you need probably 2Mbps upstream, preferrably 2.5Mbps. Only people on really good connections who live in a city are going to have something like that. Your average ADSL subscriber who lives in outlying areas are only going to have something like 500-750Kbps. I have a 3Mbps downstream, but only 750Kbps Upstream for example. And that's the best I can get in my area. If I try to host for 2 people, the lag is pretty bad. My friend has told me that if I host for just him and I, the lag is playable but mildly noticeable.

You can have the fastest pingtime in the world, but when you max out your Upstream, the game is going to get incredibly laggy because your computer can only send X amount of data any given second and some things start getting left out, or have to wait until the next second.

Edited by Xylia

While it is horrible, I recommend playing in a squad. Switch that squad up ever 4 or so runs. (different players)  That may increase your chances. That way, at least you may get 1 module every 10 attempts or in less.

Why?

Going with a squad has does have benefits, it may not keep your luck from sucking, but just because your luck sucks, doesn't mean that theirs does.

I haven't had much difficulty with control modules myself (I've farmed over 20 of the stupid things over the past couple of weeks for det injectors/fieldron). The best advice I can give, as sad as it is, is to stick with Hyena, he has a much better chance of dropping a module than a random container/mob does... to the point that it's one of the few times I'll rush a mission.

Even with Master Thief equipped, there's diminishing returns time-wise when checking every nook and cranny, unless you happen to need fieldron samples, ferrite and nanospores (hey, don't laugh, there could be some poor shmuck somewhere that needs nanospores, I've just never met him). When all you need is the module though? You can sometimes run Hyena five or six times in the time it takes you to properly clear the level and check everything just once.

BTW: Online Play:

-snip-

I've experienced what you described ^. However, I've found that there is a better chance of finding a good host with randoms that way. The issue really is matchmaking. I have no problem lag-wise with clan mates or friends online. Some have good connections, other's don't. It is the Online matchmaking that is just lag-infested.

Anyway, I shared with you my main method of obtaining Control modules. If you don't want to wait for update 9, I recommend you give it a try. It is not a fool-proof method, but if you must get a module try it out.

My only real question here is, why are control modules and orokin cells the only items that are used in almost anything? Cells have a chance to drop off any boss so in a way its ok, we get them without even trying for the most part but why is that control modules only drops of one boss/planet and the drop rate isn't even that good?

My only real question here is, why are control modules and orokin cells the only items that are used in almost anything? Cells have a chance to drop off any boss so in a way its ok, we get them without even trying for the most part but why is that control modules only drops of one boss/planet and the drop rate isn't even that good?

Because DE wants us to buy frames instead.

I don't know about Clan Tech weapons, but I find that you use Neurodes far more often than you do Control Modules.

Control Modules are only used in 1 type of Potato (Weapon, I believe?) and each Warframe takes 1, as well as the 3 Sentinels and I think 2-3 weapons.

That's it.

But it is incredibly annoying to be maxed out on Warframe levels on all of your Warframes and be wasting large amounts of XP farming Hyena trying to get a control module to build your next Warframe.

For Blueprints (not built yet),

I have 3/3 Nyx, waiting on a stupid Module.

I have 2/3 Frost, only need Helmet.

I have 2/3 Frost Prime, only need Chassis.

I have 2/3 Loki, only need Chassis.

I have 2/3 Banshee, only needing Helmet.

I have 2/3 Vauban, only needing Chassis.

I have Ember completed and on 30.

I have Excalibur completed (going to sell him soon, as Excalibur Prime is 29)

I have Rhino completed and on 30.

I have Trinity completed and on 30.

I have 1/3 Mag, forget which piece.

I have 1/3 Saryn, forget which piece.

I have either 1/3 Ash or 2/3 Ash, can't remember which.

I have, I believe, 2/3 Volt.

That's a lot of Control Modules. The Thought of it just makes me want to puke, lol.

Oh, and I haven't build a Shade yet.

Edited by Xylia

Both Neurodes and Control Modules (atleast now) are used for too much stuff.

Control Modules aren't so bad when needed for the basic stuff like frame systems, but you need one every Mutagen Mass/Fieldron/Det Injector used in the clantech stuff... and that's a case where "oh, they want you to buy them with plat" doesn't hold water, because you can't.

Things like the Dera or Ignis each require a pair of modules to build. Want to build a Supra? You basically need 7 of them, just for that one weapon. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a good weapon, but still.

I consider it even worse in the case of stuff like the Afuris, since that's a pretty basic weapon (whereas the clantech stuff isn't, in all fairness, even if some of it is horribad), to build an ordinary Afuris you need at least four Neurodes, two for each pistol; same for the Akbolto. The Neurode cost should be cut in half on those, since you need a cell to make the dual version anyway.

I recommend either:

Looting everything in the boss levels

Or

Looting everything in the missions that come after the boss.

Personally, I've found 95% of my modules, before today, from lockers and crates. How many have I obtained? At least 9 in a period of over a month. 8 of those came from crates and lockers. Really.

This.

Rushing Hyena, rinse and repeat does not work well.

I personally start from Triton and farm my way across every location.

If the player knows how to farm properly without the desperate need to rush farm and miss many loot containers, they may find up to 2 control modules in one mission.

I don't know about Clan Tech weapons, but I find that you use Neurodes far more often than you do Control Modules.

Control Modules are only used in 1 type of Potato (Weapon, I believe?) and each Warframe takes 1, as well as the 3 Sentinels and I think 2-3 weapons.

That's it.

But it is incredibly annoying to be maxed out on Warframe levels on all of your Warframes and be wasting large amounts of XP farming Hyena trying to get a control module to build your next Warframe.

For Blueprints (not built yet),

I have 3/3 Nyx, waiting on a stupid Module.

I have 2/3 Frost, only need Helmet.

I have 2/3 Frost Prime, only need Chassis.

I have 2/3 Loki, only need Chassis.

I have 2/3 Banshee, only needing Helmet.

I have 2/3 Vauban, only needing Chassis.

I have Ember completed and on 30.

I have Excalibur completed (going to sell him soon, as Excalibur Prime is 29)

I have Rhino completed and on 30.

I have Trinity completed and on 30.

I have 1/3 Mag, forget which piece.

I have 1/3 Saryn, forget which piece.

I have either 1/3 Ash or 2/3 Ash, can't remember which.

I have, I believe, 2/3 Volt.

That's a lot of Control Modules. The Thought of it just makes me want to puke, lol.

Oh, and I haven't build a Shade yet.

Yeah, most weapons that are none clan based do use more Neurodes, but all clan weapons require control modules, 2-7 most of the time.

Am I the only one who is blessed by the rng gods? I think I average 1 cm per hyena run ( I explore everything though)

Top reason why trading is a must.

I am VERY lucky with neurodes and gallium (not that gallium is used for much - I have once gotten gallium from Hyena. Yup.). But Control Modules? PAH! Hard to come across. And when I do, I usually use them immediately.

I'm also not lucky for Morphics, of all things. But frame BPs? Got all three Mag parts in four runs, and I'm only missing the Frost Prime BP when I only made like 6 T3 runs ever.

If not trading, then at least a market of some sorts. Hopefully with fixed prices, so there is no insane inflation.

Anyhow.

I usually get PISSED when I kill hyena (one of the hardest bosses IMO) and all I get is a stupid fieldron sample. I have 150 of those already, so STOP GIVING THEM.

"If not trading, then at least a market of some sorts. Hopefully with fixed prices, so there is no insane inflation"

If we have a market. We'll just have bots ruining the chat. Trust me it happens

Edited by Kingashe