Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tired Of Farming Control Modules....

Xylia

I'm tired of it too.

No, not because they're rare or anything. Just  because they're needed in a lot of things, hyena is an annoying boss and I'm tired of having to run his map any time I want one because if I don't it'll take way longer to get one. I really wish we'd get resource alerts.

This.

Rushing Hyena, rinse and repeat does not work well.

I personally start from Triton and farm my way across every location.

If the player knows how to farm properly without the desperate need to rush farm and miss many loot containers, they may find up to 2 control modules in one mission.

You can find multiple modules in a single mission, but it occurs so infrequently it's basically a waste of time (if you have higher level gear, atleast), even with master thief equipped.

According to an excerpt of Hyena's code provided on the forums, the odds that a resource drop from him will be a module is 25%, the odds that a resource drop from a standard box/locker/mob will be one is 2.5%... and for all practical purposes the difference is probably greater due to the simple fact that a boss always drops resources, standard sources don't.

It might be more tedious than properly running a mission, but barring freak luck, it'll get you what you need faster.

why not create an instance, arena, other.... with uber boss of faction, for example all boss of corpus whit high rate of drop for component like Control Modules, orkin ,neurode, etc...a thing you can unlock when you finish entire solar system.

i feel bad when i farm orokin and ignore all grinner low lvl, shot the boss and restart and restart and restart...

Edited by zelange

When the boss does not drop me a rare mat, the level will.

Best example was Lech Kril, no drops, at the end of the level i got a heavy gunner duo.. i could've invis'ed and got to extraction 5m behind them, but decided to kill and boom, 2 rare mats :)

just a matter how you approach it. Try to open all lockers, destroy all containers, kill most enemies "on-the-go" and don't run with low frames and low weaps.. makes your runs a pain. When I need mats, I use my best gear suited for it (saryn for hyena is like Lol, put venom on her over and over when you're ghosted by shade, a breeezeey weeezeee 10second fight and gone it is)

happy farming, tenno

I totally agree with that bosses shouldn't drop common recources or research recources. That's why they are called bosses right? They drop things that are normally rare or even impossible to get from other things. That's why they are so strong.

To get back to the control modules, just open/crack every locker and crate. If you do defence, you might get some control modules too. When I just farmed modules in Neptune infested defense, I received in 20 games 8 control modules, maybe I was lucky, maybe not. When I tried to get Frost Prime (To agree with Xylia) I did 60 T2 missions and 20 T3 missions, just for the Frost Prime blueprint, I already received all the Void rewards and built them. I wasted alot of XP because of that. Although I understand Frost Prime is an elite warframe and is supposed to be tough to obtain, I found it quite exasperating to waste such a large amount of XP.

Edit:          The Void should have a higher droprate of materials in large quantities, I mean... It's the Void. The Void should also have

more weapons/rewards that are useful, but that might be off topic here. The Void is just not worthy of playing and

challenging anymore.           

Edited by Trololol_Banana

So what exactly am I to do? Quit playing Warframe until Update9?

Best solution. Find some other game(s) which are not 200% dependent on RNG. I am myself doing it, and trust me its good. I have spent like 60 bucks on this game (yes I am aware many others have spent MUCH more than that), and I dont regret that even a tiny bit because this game gets MANY things right : graphics are awesome, controls are smooth, combat is entertaining, variety in warframes, weapons, monsters etc...

The ONE and ONLY downside of this game is : RNG. Way too much reliance on it. That has made me stop playing this game until they release a parallel system to get anything even if RNG goes up against you. I still have hope they will do it sometime in future. If they dont... well, that will make me a bit sad, but the good part is, I will be vary of any game in future which has this word : "chance" anywhere in them.

Just look at the problem of mods, chances of getting a rare one is low. Chances of getting a rare mod which is NOT some stupid ability mod is even lower. Now if you got most of the rare mods, and you need that one specific mod, the chances are horribly slim.

For players like me who hate RNG regardless of they are lucky or not, and players who may love RNG but are extremely unlucky, this game needs atleast ONE of these :-

1. Trading

2. Token system

3. Any other system which continuously increase the chances of getting a player specified item over time. This way, the more time passes you dont get that item, the more chances of getting it. The item can be anything : resource, mod, BP, forma, etc...

Lst cm i've picked up was en route to the hyena. Got it? Picked it up from the quaker walker. But I agree about restriction for the common/uncommon resources to drop from the boss. You're either luck to gain whatever you came for or you're loser and haven't got anything. This should be pretty fair instead of picking samples and another junk

Luck is a weird, weird, taco.

Did the Vauban alert, because it was the last piece of Vauban I needed.

Decided "What the heck, try Hyena again..."

Got Cryo. Again. Second time in a row.

This time, he drops an Orokin Cell and a Control Module.

About freaking time, yeeeesh. At least now I won't run out of Warframes to level as I'll just take a little break while Vauban is cooking, maybe do a mission here-and-there and watch for Energy Siphon and do that if it comes up.

i'm tired of farming....... EVERYTHING. Mastery rank is almost 11, and i've leveled all frames and built all but 4-5 weapons in the entire game. I have even polarized my braton 4x's, my supra 5'x, my ogris once, latron prime 3x's, Dera twice, Vauban 5x's, banshee twice, volt twice, frost prime twice, and ember once Let's see how you feel about farming then shall we?

Edited by KaneTheDark

i'm tired of farming....... EVERYTHING. Mastery rank is almost 11, and i've leveled all frames and built all but 4-5 weapons in the entire game. I have even polarized my braton 4x's, my supra 5'x, my ogris once, latron prime 3x's, Dera twice, Vauban 5x's, banshee twice, volt twice, frost prime twice, and ember once Let's see how you feel about farming then shall we?

Oh my...

Idk but when I'm desperately in need of Control Modules I go to Neso (Break all the containers and of course open up all the lockers, search the whole map) within 2-3runs and there goes my Control Module.

I've done that map 20+ times, breaking everything and I never found one. That's why I eventually moved on up to Hyena once I got a gun good enough to kill him. Dumped all of my fusion cores into making my Braton a robot-killing machine just for Hyena and a few other maps lol.

I've done that map 20+ times, breaking everything and I never found one. That's why I eventually moved on up to Hyena once I got a gun good enough to kill him. Dumped all of my fusion cores into making my Braton a robot-killing machine just for Hyena and a few other maps lol.

Pretty much. And the math kinda bears that out. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly possible to get modules from containers, etc. but it's far less likely. I've tried both methods (I've needed a lot of control modules to build all the stuff I want), and on average, if Hyena didn't drop one, nothing else would either.

Running a mission two or three times, checking every nook and cranny (particularly with MT equipped, don't leave home without it), etc. you might get one for a total time investment of half an hour or more (likely more), whereas you can speed-run Hyena half a dozen times in that same timeframe (assuming you have good enough gear).