Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failure mission imminent, exterminate...

Elenae

Question

Hello

I don't know if it's a bug but i was doing E prime on earth to farm kubrow mods and after i did eliminate all enemies I got a message 15mn later to tell me to exterminate all remaining enemies with a timer of 1mn.

I read somewhere that after you finish the mission you are supposed to have illimited time (I was solo btw).

So is it a bug or not?

Sorry for bad english/grammar, not my native language.

5 answers to this question

The timer was added in a few months ago to prevent players from going AFK or not doing anything at all while the others do the work and waiting for you at extraction. This kinda also applies to playing solo, although I think the timer would activate if not every enemy has been killed if you're idle for too long.

Edited by Raven_Makoto

I believe in any mission type if you do not kill any enemies for 15 minutes, the game will give you one minute to either kill an enemy or extract. If you fail to do so, the mission will fail automatically.

There was a patch some time ago to make the timer stop counting after an Exterminate mission is completed, but that change didn't appear to work, and there hasn't been any word about a real fix since then.

I don't think it matters if you were killing Kubrows or not. As far as I know the the fifteen minute timer is active once you complete the mission's objective, in this case, exterminating all the Grineer, to prevent someone from having a Kubrow that can dig up resources while the player just AFK's and gets a bunch of resources for doing nothing.