Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This A Good Anti-Corpus GORGON Build?

Doomblade3890

Question

OK so I've looked up the weaknesses of the Corpus enemies on the Warframe Wiki and started devising a possible build for the Gorgon machine gun to combat said faction.

Below is the build that I'm going for (created with the Warframe Builder fan-site). (Direct Link to Image in case the one below doesn't load up)

Spoiler

aljlmKc.jpg

I decided to use the Gorgon since it can get a high rate of fire and deals primarily impact damage, which is effective against the shielding the Corpus use. I predict having to use six forma for this build. Serration is a must to increase damage dealt, while Cryo Rounds + Stormbringer will deal Magnetic damage to further deplete the shields. Infected Clip and Rime Rounds will create Viral damage, which will be effective against the human units. Split Chamber and Heavy Caliber will also help to increase damage dealt at the cost of a slightly-more inaccurate weapon. Fast Hands is to counter the long reload time.

So I'm just curious; is this a good build to be going for with the Gorgon, or should I change out some of the  mods for other ones? I'm looking for a build that will deal good damage against end-game Corpus so I don't end up spending half a clip on just one unit.

11 answers to this question

I run heavy caliber on the prisma gorgon and my other bullet hose weapons as well.  It hits things just fine at short to medium range where 90 percent of the game's combat takes place.  At long range, fire short bursts or go full auto if you have ammo to burn.  The Gorgon is spray and pray, not precision.  

I concur about Shred for the fire rate and punch through.  I'd swap it for fast hands.

If you really want the Gorgon to be sortie viable, you'll get the Prisma Version.  It is a huge upgrade that gets better spool up and fire rate, more ammo, better accuracy, and enough crit chance and damage that it's worth putting point strike on.  If you want a more accessible weapon similar to the regular Gorgon but better, try a Supra.  I wouldn't sink forma into regular Gorgon. 

Also you'll eventually want Primed Cyro Rounds and a Riven mod.  Gorgon isn't in high demand and you should be able to buy one for less than a veiled rifle riven.  Re roll it until you get plus multishot.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

10 hours ago, Theiyre said:

You want gas for corpus and like Trickshot mentioned, the heavy cal will make accuracy awful

The high fire rate will make sure you proc gas (which bypasses shields with toxin damage) and demolish corpus health

Is gas what I should be going for? I hear from old YT videos that gas used to work well on flesh (like with Grineer and Corpus humanoids), but looking at the Damage 2.0 table on the wiki, it says that gas does 25% less damage against flesh (all Corpus humanoids). Will the proc compensate for that?

10 hours ago, Rambit23Z said:

Just FYI, you can't get Magnetic + Viral on weapons without that innate damage. As Rime Rounds simply adds to the existing Magnetic damage.

Really? I thought that since I put Infected Clip + Rime Rounds next to each other in the mod hierarchy they would make Viral damage, or are you only able to get one combined element per weapon?

10 hours ago, ashrah said:

this build i would use       serration.split chamber.heavy calibar.shred.3 element 90.... 1 status element...  shred is very important on gorgon cz help u to reduce that initial very bad fire rate rump up time...

OK, the four mods I have for elemental is (assuming Rime Rounds WON'T combine with Infected Clip to create Viral damage) three mods for Magnetic and one for Toxic to work against the human units. Should some of those be swapped out for other elemental mods?

Sorry to everyone who's been responding if I'm asking some bad questions here; I've only been playing Warframe for about two weeks after a 3.5 year hiatus and am still trying to re-familiarize myself with the game and mechanics.

Just now, Doomblade3890 said:

Really? I thought that since I put Infected Clip + Rime Rounds next to each other in the mod hierarchy they would make Viral damage, or are you only able to get one combined element per weapon?

To put it simple: two mods of the same element act as one, no matter where it is placed. You can have more combined elements, such as Radiation + Viral, Corrosive + Blast or Magnetic + Gas. As I said, you can do combos that's normally not possible with certain weapons.

Example being the Stug, due it's base Corrosive damage, you can add Radiation and Viral on top of that. But since the Gorgon deals the physical IPS damage, it can't do that. Warframe-Builder is great for testing and learning how the elements combine. As it goes Left to Right on the top row, then the bottom row. And any innate elemental damage is added last. Think of it like a hidden 9th slot for modding purposes. 

On 2/5/2017 at 9:27 AM, Doomblade3890 said:

Is gas what I should be going for? I hear from old YT videos that gas used to work well on flesh (like with Grineer and Corpus humanoids), but looking at the Damage 2.0 table on the wiki, it says that gas does 25% less damage against flesh (all Corpus humanoids). Will the proc compensate for that?

Gas procs do toxin, the toxin bypasses shields and affects health directly.  TOXIN DAMAGE does not have the reduction against flesh.

On 2/7/2017 at 4:04 PM, LazyDaisy said:

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. I was using magnetic the whole time... 

In regard to magnetic abilities, such with MAG, do they have a limited use as well? 

Mag definitely has more uses against Corpus than Grineer, but nonetheless her abilities still retain function i.e. reducing armor, redirecting projectiles, doing buttloads of damage.  Generally for weapons you do not want magnetic (so go gas/cold not gas/magnetic) unless up against enemies with a ton of shields.  Magnetic has its uses, but as enemies scale higher, there are other mods (specifically gas) that you'll want in place of the cold and electricity ones.

On 2/12/2017 at 2:46 AM, Theiyre said:

Mag definitely has more uses against Corpus than Grineer, but nonetheless her abilities still retain function i.e. reducing armor, redirecting projectiles, doing buttloads of damage.  Generally for weapons you do not want magnetic (so go gas/cold not gas/magnetic) unless up against enemies with a ton of shields.  Magnetic has its uses, but as enemies scale higher, there are other mods (specifically gas) that you'll want in place of the cold and electricity ones.

Thank you.