The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think Warframes Should Be Affected By The Gravity Of Vauban's Vortex?

berrysoda

Sometimes it just seems frustrating, especially if I do a jump melee attack and get stuck in the air til Vortex wears off Also I had a glitch once where I was pulled into the center and was stuck in midair and I had to quit.

It was hilarious the first time I had a Vauban on the team and he used Vortex, but it gets more annoying later on. However, the fact that Vortex can actually hinder your teammates means there would need to be more synergy between the team members so the Vortex won't screw people over. Of course that also leads to the possibility of griefing, but the Vortex gravity field is minor against players anyway so that's not a big deal. So yes, i think warframes should be affected by the gravity of the Vortex, as long as the effect consists of making me float in the vortex for a little while and nothing more.

Yeah pull and switch teleport have practical uses, this doesn't. Still tho i love trolly abilities so i vote keep it. it is annpying when u get caught by mistake. I think they just never coded to differentiate between friend and foe for certain things. Or maybe bc mags new pull doesn't target friendlies anymore right?

I just know that when kogake were fresh i used to beat the crap outta my teammates bc i thought it was funny that it made a sound effect that i was hittinf them(kinda like glaive bounces off friendlies). Little did i know i was killing their sentinels loool

In my opinion, Vortex shouldn't affect players as drastically as it does now.

They nailed it with it's initial release, then decided to completely revamp it.

Also, it still crashes clients. My Vauban is a complete bastille machine because of this.

It should not affect players imo. Why does it even affect players to begin with? There is no tactical use for doing so. It's like they made it that way specifically for player trolling.

Yeah, it's a good skill but kind of annoying at times

Vauban right now is the trolliest frame because of bounce pads and vortex. MAYBE Mag pull and Loki swap, but god dammit I hate getting stuck in a vortex.

I don't even use pads, the description of them makes them sound pretty useless

It should affect Warframes. The gravity becomes an advantage and disadvantage at the same time. Oh noes I actually need to think about placement and when it use it. My mind hurts!

I'll admit it's annoying as hell when they decided to add their experimental gravity code into it. Floating around when you jump near it is frustrating. I liked it better when it was just a standard pull and you could sprint out of it.

There's still cool things you can use it for. You can use it to launch yourself over distances. But most people don't think about placement and just use it. Then people call them on foul play. I don't experience people trolling with powers much at all.

Yeah pull and switch teleport have practical uses, this doesn't. Still tho i love trolly abilities so i vote keep it. it is annpying when u get caught by mistake. I think they just never coded to differentiate between friend and foe for certain things. Or maybe bc mags new pull doesn't target friendlies anymore right?

I just know that when kogake were fresh i used to beat the crap outta my teammates bc i thought it was funny that it made a sound effect that i was hittinf them(kinda like glaive bounces off friendlies). Little did i know i was killing their sentinels loool

I don't want to switch with grineer ever... and if I am somewhere I want to be there... I don't want some Loki switching with me either if I don't want grineer doing it to me... Loki is still WORSE... Besides.. everyone loves Vauban bounce. I used to have players cheer for a bounce at the end of the level. Plus my bounce helps players get around to different locations faster, then switching and then coming around just because the player has no idea how to get up to a certain location.

Mag is as bad as a Grineer with a whip dragging you around... She doesn't help ever... If I don't wanna switch with a grineer, or Loki, and don't want crazy chicks dragging me off with whips... what makes you think I want to be magnetically dragged around? I would rather be pulled into a vortex so I can whip my Kogake and punch people to death that come at me... while I stand in the center..., or leap across the room with a bounce.

My post just doubled itself then deleted both so here's the summary

Vortex nerfed 15 damage a second sucks. needs increase to damage bla bla bla

fun to fly around with but rarely annoying I like it.

It should not affect other warframes. The casting Vauban only, if people want "fun" and "thinking about placement". There is not a single good use for slowing down your team mates and pulling them around along with the enemy.

If it didn't affect team mates it would be a great ability to use when someone is chased by seven million toxic ancients or similar situations.

This way it's just a nuisance.

Yer Vortex should definetly NOT affect players, the same with those stupid jump pads thingies,..

Vauban seems like he vas intentionelly made out to be the ultimate troll frame,..

And all the little troll kids are having a field day with him,..

From the day he was introduced, the first time i was caught in the vortex gettin slowly pulled in,..

I was sure it was a bug and would be hot-fixed in a day or two,..