Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mods for Sicarus, multishot vs raw damage

(PSN)AizazyT

Question

Hi all,

Pretty new to this, rivens as well as the forums. I'm not a regular user of Sicarus prime, but I got this riven and after some research I found the gun had been buffed. Started rerolling and came across this choice. Bit stupid of me not to level the riven up fully but the damage was at around 300 percent when maxed when I checked for the first riven. Any advice? Btw this is going to be used on Sicarus Prime.

Thanks

FIRST RIVEN

+34.5% DMG, +14.2% HEAT

SECOND RIVEN

+10.2% ELECTRICITY, +15.9% MULTISHOT, +10.7% STATUS CHANCE

Neither have been upgraded at all

12 answers to this question

Just now, TotallyLagging said:

Click on the "Edit Riven Mod", put in your stats and close the Riven interface.

Also just upgrade your mod but don't actually rank them up. 

Im currently on the screen where I have to confirm the roll out of the two, is there a way to upgrade the mod from this screen.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)AizazyT said:

Im currently on the screen where I have to confirm the roll out of the two, is there a way to upgrade the mod from this screen.

Oh, from there. Well I don't think you can...

So I guess we'll just have to assume the max stat. Riven mods has 8 ranks so the damage mod would max out somewhere around 276% damage + 113.6% heat, the other mod will have around 81.6% elec, 127.2% multishot and 85.6% status.

Just test using this build. Click "Edit Riven Mod", put this ( the first mod ) :

WyIyIiwiMTgiLFsiZGVnYXRzIiwiMjY3IiwiZmV1IiwiMTEzLjYiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiXV0=

in the text box below the Export/Import button and click Import, and check your damage numbers.

After that do the same thing but delete the first code and use this instead ( the second mod ) :

WyIyIiwiMTgiLFsiZWxlY3RyaXF1ZSIsIjgxLjYiLCJ0aXJfbXVsdGlwbGUiLCIxMjcuMiIsInJpdmVuLXN0YXR1cyIsIjg1LjYiLCIiLCIiXV0=

There's about 8k~ damage, 20k~ burst and 11k~ sustained difference. And the Sicarus Prime procs well enough even without the extra multishot from the second Riven so I'd say keep the one with damage.

Edited by TotallyLagging

3 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

So I guess we'll just have to assume the max stat. Riven mods has 8 ranks so the damage mod would max out somewhere around 276% damage + 113.6% heat, the other mod will have around 81.6% elec, 127.2% multishot and 85.6% status.

Just test using this build. Click "Edit Riven Mod", put this ( the first mod ) :

- WyIyIiwiMTgiLFsiZGVnYXRzIiwiMjY3IiwiZmV1IiwiMTEzLjYiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiXV0=

in the text box below the Export/Import button and click Import, and check your damage numbers.

After that do the same thing but delete the first code and use this instead ( the second mod ) :

WyIyIiwiMTgiLFsiZWxlY3RyaXF1ZSIsIjgxLjYiLCJ0aXJfbXVsdGlwbGUiLCIxMjcuMiIsInJpdmVuLXN0YXR1cyIsIjg1LjYiLCIiLCIiXV0=

Well based on that those 3 DPS counters r much higher for the first riven than the second, and that's underestimating the first one as the first had at least 300% damage when I checked it at max before rerolling it. So the choice is the first?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)AizazyT said:

Well based on that those 3 DPS counters r much higher for the first riven than the second, and that's underestimating the first one as the first had at least 300% damage when I checked it at max before rerolling it. So the choice is the first?

In this case yes, I'd take damage over multishot. The base damage + heat damage that is also increased by the base damage increase is just too good to pass up.

You may argue that Sicarus Prime's power lies in its status procs, but even without the extra multishot the Sicarus Prime can proc corrosive on pretty much every bullet. 

And the heat damage gives you a bit of CC, which means easier headshots, which is what you should be aiming for since it's a crit weapon.

Edited by TotallyLagging

8 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

WyIyIiwiMTgiLFsiZGVnYXRzIiwiMjY3IiwiZmV1IiwiMTEzLjYiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiXV0=

There's about 8k~ damage, 20k~ burst and 11k~ sustained difference. And the Sicarus Prime procs well enough even without the extra multishot from the second Riven so I'd say keep the one with damage.

Ok so first it is then? Thanks a lot. I had someone tell me the max rank will just be the unranked stats times by 9. Is that true?

2 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

In this case yes, I'd take damage over multishot. The base damage + heat damage that is also increased by the base damage increase is just too good to pass up.

You may argue that Sicarus Prime's power lies in its status procs, but even without the extra multishot the Sicarus Prime can proc corrosive on pretty much every bullet. 

And the heat damage gives you a bit of CC, which means easier headshots, which is what you should be aiming for since it's a crit weapon.

Just for future reference, if I were to reroll it what stats would be the perfect riven for Sicarus prime?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)AizazyT said:

Ok so first it is then? Thanks a lot. I had someone tell me the max rank will just be the unranked stats times by 9. Is that true?

Well it's either 8 or 9. I multiplied it by 8 for that build, but if the max rank is at 300% as you say then I suppose I should've used 9 instead. If anything it makes the first Riven even better.

As for a perfect Riven I'd say +damage +multishot and either +crit damage or +element, preferably toxin/electric. Really, getting +damage +multishot is good on any weapon unless it's a Simulor.