The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

zeph-her, nide-us, sar-in, i-wah-ra

--O--Sanetri

Hey look, i did a thing.

jThdKvB.jpg

It's not a good thing and i usually don't like posting training stuff because let's be honest. Those are never good. I really posted this as a proof to myself that i can improve (I have a problem with believing myself and believing in myself).

Why it doesn't have a good background? well in short I really got tired. After three days, mistakes and a program crash I wanted to stop. Besides i succeeded in something i wanted to do when i set out to do this. Find my drawing style.

Now, I know that the style is still bad, but that's why i'm doing this, to improve. Like a person i used to like (before he started following a person who continuously made me feel even more worthless than i already am) said ''how can you get better if you don't try''. Plus, my style kept changing while i individually drew each frame making it really hard to actually fit everything.

''why does zephyr look so weird?'' It's because when i first drew her on paper i mixed the regular skin with hagoromo skin and it stuck.

''Why do the other frames look so weird?'' well, i took some ''artistic'' freedoms and changed somethings to be more simple and the color schemes are based on my fashion frames (you can most likely guess what are my favorite fashion frame colors).

Probably next time you find me posting ''art'' is when i have bought myself a drawing pad and something better than gimp 2. Even put this picture as my desktop image to remind me of trying instead of quitting.

See ya in another year or so if I haven't given up on everything before that.

Edited by sanetri

Bud, it's not that bad at all.

The only advice I can give you is don't care what people think when you know you're still developing your skills. You don't need this long explanation on why you think it's bad. You're always going to be harsh on yourself, but if you explain that it's bad, then what's stopping me from taking your word for it? I think it shows a lot of potential, and as you said it's the inferior version.

Keep at it, you show a lot of promise. Kudos my man.

23 hours ago, JSharpie said:

The only advice I can give you is don't care what people think when you know you're still developing your skills. You don't need this long explanation on why you think it's bad. You're always going to be harsh on yourself, but if you explain that it's bad, then what's stopping me from taking your word for it? I think it shows a lot of potential, and as you said it's the inferior version.

oh you get it wrong, it really doesn't effect me that much if someone says that I suck, this picture IS objectively bad.  and i could go on long lengths to explain why (or you could just open your eyes), but if you really do like it. That's great. But that doesn't make the picture satisfactory for me. I know I am overly harsh on myself, but that is because no one else is.

honestly, most of the problems stem from the fact that my style isn't meant for these kinds of pictures.This is really just training. I tried to get out of my confort zone to improve and what i ended up with is something i cannot say is good. My style is meant more for these guys like these below.

Jake

NiI0a7I.png

Alex

8dmCa6z.png

(note, these are something i drew really quick for demonstration purpose) This is more what I usually draw, but i still want to be like one of those guys who make really cool picture.

Edited by sanetri