Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Barracks Suggestion

Ghunter43

Good morning, I had sort of a suggestion regarding the barracks functionality.

As is right now, barracks add member slots and upgrade a clan tier to the next tier, making that clan's research and cost for said research become more expensive. However, for a lot of lower clans (in my experience) upgrading to something as lowly as Shadow Clan tends to be expensive on the long run, with almost no assurance that the players will indeed actively play and support the clan's researches if the limit is maxed. I probably am just blowing hot hair, but what I propose is the following:

Instead of adding a building that immediately triggers the tier/cost upgrade, you'd have a building that would allow the insert of up to 50 more players. After 50 members have been added to the clan, you'd need to build yet another barracks to accommodate 50 more. Now, the cost increase can be done:

Allowing a minimum of 10 players would mean that this is a Ghost clan. Adding a barracks and a single member would increase the total cost by 0.1%, given 30 more members on a Shadow Clan would provide a 3% increase in total price. These numbers can be changed, however. Whether only allow the barracks to be cheap and provide only room for 10 more, the tier upgrade could happen at 50, 250, 500 and 1000. Changing numbers around and make it less steep on lower, more tightly-knit "not-as-active and resourceful" clans but all the same for giant active clans.

In short: Make barracks accommodate users as needed instead of providing a number buff (up to a max number). Add incremental percentage cost increase based on users that are in the clan as opposed to how many can be in the clan.