The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Owners...

Rengakun

I;m the only one with an alternate sounding Snipetron Vandal, everyone else's SV all the sound the same but mine, mine actually sounds cool and sounds like it has some power behind each shot, it sounds like your firing a Railgun of sorts compared to everyone's wood chipping sounds their SV is making, I'd have to make a video so that everyone can hear just how awesome it sounds, or just look for me in-game.

Maybe I lucked out and the sound my SV makes is what the SV is supposed to sound like or maybe it was a glitch when I had put a mod on it that changed the sound, either way, it's so cool to have the only unique sounding SV out of the bunch. It still sounded the same even after the hotfix, so my SV was the only one ( apparently ) to not get ruined from that hotfix we had earlier.

Edited by __Kanade__

When there's 10-20 enemies all tightly packed together, it matters less about aim speed and what you are actually using. 6 shots as standard, in the Vandal. So you can't drop a room without reloading. Not to mention the time in between shots, or the fact that  you don't need to do 3,000,000,000 damage on an enemy with 1 HP - it's simply impractical. There are certain instances in which certain weapons will highly outperform others. Snipers, I feel, are heavily neglected, and their use is not warranted as much as other weapons. I personally use the Latron, as it still gives a long-range feel, but it is far more practical for the level design of the game. And if you want to be good with it, good aim is necessary too :). I'm not suggesting sniping is bad, or people shouldn't do it, just that there isn't a lot of level modules and areas fit for it.

Mm, true, but that situation would still only be an issue if your Warframe's powers couldn't handle groups of enemies. Further to your points though, I wouldn't mind if they made snipers their own weapon class, especially as they don't even take the same ammo as rifles, and then have sniper mods which make them more usable, for instance maxed out ammo mods that actually make a spit of difference haha

I;m the only one with an alternate sounding Snipetron Vandal, everyone else's SV all the sound the same but mine, mine actually sounds cool and sounds like it has some power behind each shot, it sounds like your firing a Railgun of sorts compared to everyone's wood chipping sounds their SV is making, I'd have to make a video so that everyone can hear just how awesome it sounds, or just look for me in-game.

Wut?

You mean the Kitten Sneezing?

Maybe I lucked out and the sound my SV makes is what it's supposed the SV is supposed to sound like or maybe it was a glitch when I had put a mod on it, either way, it's so cool to have the only unique sounding SV out of the bunch.

Guns sound different to the person firing them.

Guns sound different to the person firing them.

That's what everyone was saying until I showed them in-game, they easily noticed their SV sounded nothing like mine an wished theirs did too.

Edited by __Kanade__

Mm, true, but that situation would still only be an issue if your Warframe's powers couldn't handle groups of enemies. Further to your points though, I wouldn't mind if they made snipers their own weapon class, especially as they don't even take the same ammo as rifles, and then have sniper mods which make them more usable, for instance maxed out ammo mods that actually make a spit of difference haha

Some sniper mods would definitely be nice, why does shotgun get its own mods but not sniper. D:

I can't play right now as I am away from home, but I can imagine that almost everybody is using a Snipetron and it's getting on your nerves?

Seriously, never understood sniping in Warframe, it's only practical in 1/10, if not 1/20 situations.

snipetron is better than hek in under almost any situation, excepting 15m+ where spread can kill 2 enemies.. higher damage(if serration is at least 135%) huge crit chance, clip size higher than hek.. 6 is enough and you won't really need any mod, if you forma 4 times you can put crit change/damage, all ementals, multishot, serration and ap all maxed too... isn't it the best weapon now?

Edited by Hatr

Because them hearing your gun and them firing their gun would sound different ........

Again no, before the hotfix, my vandal sounded exactly like everyone else's vandal, but once I ranked it up, I had put on a mod and after that, my SV started sounding different, and much cooler then the what the regular SV sounded like. Then the hotfix came around and it already changed the sound of everyone's vandal, one of the devs said it was a bug, but this bug didn't affect my own SV so it still has that same unique firing sound, taking off the mods do nothing either, whatever sound I have seems to be permanent until te sound for the SV gets fixed, and I rather it stays as is or have it changed to the way my SV sounds, which isn't a cat sneezing or wood chipping or whatever the analogies are when you fire it. You can see for yourself in-game if you want, your SV won't sound anything like mine. Your's is the cat sneezing, mine is like shooting a railgun.

Ignore him, highlander rules, but i would only support the joke upon melee weapon :D

Way to go on reading thread (y)

Again no, before the hotfix, my vandal sounded exactly like everyone else's vandal, but once I ranked it up, I had put on a mod and after that, my SV started sounding different, and much cooler then the what the regular SV sounded like. Then the hotfix came around and it already changed the sound of everyone's vandal, one of the devs said it was a bug, but this bug didn't affect my own SV so it still has that same unique firing sound, taking off the mods do nothing either, whatever sound I have seems to be permanent until te sound for the SV gets fixed, and I rather it stays as is or have it changed to the way my SV sounds, which isn't a cat sneezing or wood chipping or whatever the analogies are when you fire it. You can see for yourself in-game if you want, your SV won't sound anything like mine. Your's is the cat sneezing, mine is like shooting a railgun.

I've read a few of your threads, and the only thing you seem to care about is that your gun is as loud as it can be. SV is supposed to be a much more suppressed sniper rifle, read the wiki. Yours is just stupid now because it supposedly has the big noise, and also carries the reduced aggro. Sounds like you've found a bug which should be fixed. :) Enjoy it while you can!

The new snipetron doesn't even need magazine, reload speed mods to be used well. Is the ADS zoom increased or the same? I find it so powerful that I revert to firing from hip as a one-bullet shotgun... I realised that it is good for long range, close range, but is lackluster at mid range where it is too close to use the aimed mode effectively, but too far to aim easily from hip...

The best part is: it is super easy to mod esp early. Just add Serration. (and later on Split Chamber)