Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foundry Automatic Buttons

Sintag

This is an idea for those of us who always, always have Forma running in the Foundry, but why not have an "Automatic Build" button?

What does Automatic Build do?  Well, as long as what you want made...

• Doesn't require other weapons
  • Is not a reusable blueprint (READ: BP DISAPPEARS AFTER ONE USE)

The Foundry will automatically charge you for the materials and Credits on an item by item basis.  Say I have five Neurals and set the Foundry to auto-build Forma.  I have four Forma BPs.  But en route, I make the Valkyr Prime Neuroptics.  The Foundry will only be able to make two Forma, but it will automaticslly claim them and bill me for starting the next one.

Alternatively, here's another idea; Build Priority

What this does is you can flag items as part of a sort of "Priority" listing, which...

• Gets it's own tab
  • Can be set to be built once you have the materials needed

This idea is made mostly for those who want to make sure their Raid Keys and Quest Blueprints are first in line, while not forcing the build in case they want to make, say, Booben Prime.

As always, let me know what you think!

Edited by Sintag

This is a nice QoL, but it's counter-intuitive for keeping the player playing. When you log in to claim something, you're more likely to continue playing for a little bit. By removing this need to log in, the player isn't even tempted to keep playing, so it's likeliness of being added is low.

Edit: I do like your second suggestion though. :thumbup:

Edited by JSharpie

It has problems. If someone were to set this up, then forget to join the game for a few days, they'd come back and may have too many of that item built or are now low on a key resource they didn't want to be low on. We have the phone app to let us access our foundry from any network location, automating the foundry isn't necessary.

34 minutes ago, Sintag said:

What this does is you can flag items as part of a sort of "Priority" listing, which...

• Gets it's own tab
  • Can be set to be built once you have the materials needed

This idea is made mostly for those who want to make sure their Raid Keys and Quest Blueprints are first in line, while not forcing the build in case they want to make, say, Booben Prime.

So called foundry 'Favorites'? You have my RHLYebl.png. I always endorse improvements, UI ones especially. 

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

It has problems. If someone were to set this up, then forget to join the game for a few days, they'd come back and may have too many of that item built or are now low on a key resource they didn't want to be low on. We have the phone app to let us access our foundry from any network location, automating the foundry isn't necessary.

Maybe you could set an upper limit to the Foundry, such as "Build #X of Item Y" to relieve this issue.  And I know Nexus exists, but it's got it's share of flaws (not telling you your exact Credit totals, Hek no currency displays anywhere as far as I'm aware) and needs a constant internet connection to use.  Which for me is a slight issue.

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

This is a nice QoL, but it's counter-intuitive for keeping the player playing. When you log in to claim something, you're more likely to continue playing for a little bit. By removing this need to log in, the player isn't even tempted to keep playing, so it's likeliness of being added is low.

Edit: I do like your second suggestion though. :thumbup:

Warframe Nexus says hi...flawed though it might be.  More to your point, I can see where this concern comes from, and I did have to consider it.  But at the same time, if I'm only logging on to claim my item, then it's probably going to be the only thing I do if there's no Nitain alerts currently going on.  I understand some people would want to keep playing after claiming something, and that's perfectly fine; It's why this is an option you can set rather than suddenly being forced on you, and I more meant this idea for making potato and Forma construction less of a hassle or not having to run through the Foundry menu to find them.

It seems like the "Priority Listing" is getting a lot of positive attention.  Cool.

Edited by Sintag

i'd just like a queue system. Queue up a few forma, or just say build 3 forma, or build ALL forma.

Otherwise on my wishlist I would want forma to be a 20 hour cycle, not 24, as we always have to wait to put the forma into the oven later and later until you miss a day as you have to sleep first. 

The QoL feature I'd REALLY kill for tho is the ability to mark a mod as 'just endo any more of these that I pick up!'. Cleaning the modheap, avoiding ones you want to keep, takes ages to sort. Absolutely ages.