Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Gameplay (Suggestion)

The_Promethean

I have seen that Stalker fights with you wierd, he just shoots you with his arrows while he is walking in fast motion. And Slash dash is like the only thing that can kill you instantly. Well I got some ideas about his gameplay.

First of all, he should do Parkour and Stunts like backflip, flips, rolls, wall running, etc. to show how ancient and powerful and flexible he is, he can also dodge your gunshots and attacks usually. 

Second, he should also have Parrying with his melee when you are shooting at him, to keep him epic and to show you that he is powerful. And this will keep the flow flowing.

Third, he should have Different fighting techniques both in his melee combat and his bow. He should have adifferent fighting style with his melee because he is a rogue, and rogues should have different styles to keep their reputation going. And his bow too.

Fouth, he should teleport more often to keep you confused and to give suspense to the fight scene.

Lastly, he should also have more abilities like for example, BLACK MIST, everything is misty, keeping him hidden, or ENERGY CONSUMPTION, stealing everyones energy around him to keep him stronger.

So here are the five things that Stalker should have:

1. Parkour and Stunts

2. Parrying

3. Different fighting techniques

4. Teleport more often

5. More abilities

You can write comments about this suggestion of mine about the STALKER. Thank you to everyone.

The problem with the first point is that would be increadibly hard to program in properly and have it work in all locations. If you wanted him to do parkour and stunts they would have to limit him to a few select areas that they could actually flesh it out in, which would mean he couldn't spawn right behind you when your in one the closet rooms and really wreck your day.

Parrying would be possible for him to do, theoretically, if they could get a good fudging of predicting when he's going to be hit by something. Not the easiest thing to do. Because if they mess up you could cheese him by always getting near misses to him at one side while someone else rips him apart from the other and all he does is sit there and block uselessly.

For three that would require a huge rework in animations and the like, which I dont think should be too big of a focus for DE until much later, but I do agree that it would be very cool.

While more often teleportation would be nice, again they would have to careful lower the internal CD that it is on, otherwise it could lead to him being nearly invincible. While it could work it would take quite a bit of balancing work to do properly.

And I whole heartedly agree to giving him more abilities, though I disagree with energy consumption.

I have seen that Stalker fights with you wierd, he just shoots you with his arrows while he is walking in fast motion. And Slash dash is like the only thing that can kill you instantly. Well I got some ideas about his gameplay.

First of all, he should do Parkour and Stunts like backflip, flips, rolls, wall running, etc. to show how ancient and powerful and flexible he is, he can also dodge your gunshots and attacks usually. 

Second, he should also have Parrying with his melee when you are shooting at him, to keep him epic and to show you that he is powerful. And this will keep the flow flowing.

Third, he should have Different fighting techniques both in his melee combat and his bow. He should have adifferent fighting style with his melee because he is a rogue, and rogues should have different styles to keep their reputation going. And his bow too.

Fouth, he should teleport more often to keep you confused and to give suspense to the fight scene.

Lastly, he should also have more abilities like for example, BLACK MIST, everything is misty, keeping him hidden, or ENERGY CONSUMPTION, stealing everyones energy around him to keep him stronger.

So here are the five things that Stalker should have:

1. Parkour and Stunts

2. Parrying

3. Different fighting techniques

4. Teleport more often

5. More abilities

You can write comments about this suggestion of mine about the STALKER. Thank you to everyone.

+1 for some suggestion.

When you have the right ability, and good weapon, Stalker is no longer a threat. Everyone can defeat him alone.  All his "menacing" act before entry just like a bullcrap. They also need to adjust the Stalker difficulty based on how many player that joining in a mission.

We need an rogue tenno to be a real threat to the tennos in mission, not something that everyone bully and being screamed "GIMME THE FREAKIN BLUEPRINT" in the face.

I agree, we don't need his bugs to be his downfall. I seen enough noobs using his weapons, only beating him using cheat tricks like jumping. Make him hard.

I seriously beat him yesterday by running in an area with him, also Grineer did not even fight him, I just thrown Kuani in his face then LP once I  ran out.

Edited by 123Olympian

The problem with the first point is that would be increadibly hard to program in properly and have it work in all locations. If you wanted him to do parkour and stunts they would have to limit him to a few select areas that they could actually flesh it out in, which would mean he couldn't spawn right behind you when your in one the closet rooms and really wreck your day.

Parrying would be possible for him to do, theoretically, if they could get a good fudging of predicting when he's going to be hit by something. Not the easiest thing to do. Because if they mess up you could cheese him by always getting near misses to him at one side while someone else rips him apart from the other and all he does is sit there and block uselessly.

For three that would require a huge rework in animations and the like, which I dont think should be too big of a focus for DE until much later, but I do agree that it would be very cool.

While more often teleportation would be nice, again they would have to careful lower the internal CD that it is on, otherwise it could lead to him being nearly invincible. While it could work it would take quite a bit of balancing work to do properly.

And I whole heartedly agree to giving him more abilities, though I disagree with energy consumption.

Yeah, I recommend doing this at or after U9. Although if at U9 once everything else is done.

He could be a boss in the void with his own arena. Using Orokin tech he has become vastly more powerful and would use parkour in this arena. He should get black mist and another ability that will teleport him 120 degrees behind you (an excellent blind spot ). And he should be programmed to avoid your crosshairs to dodge your shots. (our crosshairs are mouse controlled so he can't ever be faster than it, just be very hard to hit).