Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Looking for good warrior build

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

Question

Hi guys. I'm thinking of making bit of a Slash Dash build and I don't want to spam Exalted Blade. But I still want good efficiency to spam Radial blind and spam a bit of Radial Javelin. 

flash-step-o.gif

Here is my build so far or what I'm thinking:

Steel Fiber, Flow, Streamline, Intensify, Stretch, Vitality, Transient fortitude. Not sure for what else. If I put like a Rank 2 Fleeting Expertise I will loose a 40% duration. 

I don't have an Exilus slot at the moment 

10 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Lluminate said:

I know you said no exilus, but....

FBlg7jw.png

Full Warframe Builder Link

Slash Dash, Radial Blind, and Radial Javelin all benefit heavily from range, so I would recommend Overextended. Of course, this cuts your power strength pretty bad, so Power Drift will help with that. If you really can't get the exilus slot onto this, you can leave it off and still be in positive power strength.

I swapped your Steel Fiber with Continuity for Radial Blind's benefit, but you can change that back if you want.

Oh thanks

And I only loses 20% strength at the current rank of overextended so its no big deal

i'll test it out when I can

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik

1 hour ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

I'm thinking of making bit of a Slash Dash build and I don't want to spam Exalted Blade. But I still want good efficiency to spam Radial blind and spam a bit of Radial Javelin. 

Hello Tenno!

I like to use all of Excal's abilities myself, so here's how I'd build for that and fi you're interested my thoughts on why.

First - The Build: {uses a Primed mod, rank 10 mods, and requires 1 forma}

Aura: Steel Charge     Exilus slot: (empty)
  Vitality(r10), Steel Fibre(r10), Handspring(r3), Stretch(r5)
  Rage(r3), Primed Continuity(r10), Fleeting Expertise(r4), Streamline(r4).

Edited by Rolunde

1 minute ago, Rolunde said:

Hello Tenno!

I like to use all of Excal's abilities myself, so here's how I'd build for that and fi you're interested my thoughts on why.

First - The Build: {uses a Primed mod, rank 10 mods, and requires 1 forma}

Aura: Steel Charge     Exilus slot: (empty)
Vitality(r10), Steel Fibre(r10), Handspring(r3), Stretch
Rage, Primed Continuity, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline.

Sure

How come? 

26 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Sure

How come? 

Sorry, I derped and posted it before I was done. =p

OK so the rest...

This build gives him the "warriors" health and armor and allows you to use all of his powers and minimizes the impact of enemy scaling.

I didn't use any Strength mods because, imo, the damage done by Slash Dash is entirely secondary to its use as a Gap Closer and Damage Mitigation.  
No matter how much strength he has it will eventually just not be enough and this seems to be sooner rather than later. 

To a degree, the same goes for Exalted Blade. Now it will stay effective for a long time, but not where near as effective as Radial Blind

Again IMO but Radial Blind is by far Excal's most effective tool. It's his key to both living and killing, heh.

The Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise and Streamline gives you "maxed efficiency" (175%) which means you can use his powers as much as possible. 

Since leeches etc are a thing I personally much prefer this over a high energy pool and less than maxed effic'

Then there is the "classic combination" of Vitality, Steel Fiber, and Rage.
Excal just barely has enough armor to make Steel Fiber work and then Rage giving him energy with his powers having the lowest possible cost again all works together.

Range because you want your Blind, Dash and Jjavelins to go as far as possible.

Back to Damage/Strength, all of this does less damage than a Power Strength build, but it's more spam-able so that basically "Doubles the Damage" right?! ;-)

If you don't already have a maxed out Primed Continuity it is, again imo, one of the very best Warframe mod investments you can make.

Since it allows you to max efficiency while not only avoiding shortened Duration but actually going a smidge over 100%.

And 100% Blind duration should be plenty enough time to kill everything in Range and/or have it ready to cast again.

Handspring is because if anything knocks you down or drags you off your feet* you'd most likely be toast before you could get back up. 
*scorpions, ancients, etc.

- IF I get knocked down/dragged the first thing I usually do when I pop back up is Slash Dash. You'll get a quick bit of movement, some damage but best of all, that damage mitigation. 

And then pop a Blind.

Whenever you get around to unlocking the Exilus Slot you can move Handspring to there and think about adding in Armored Agility for a but more armor plus faster movement, always nice. Or to go ahead and add in that Strength mod, or a Cunning Drift for a bit more range.

So anyhow that's mostly it. Again I like this build because it lets you use any and all of Excal's powers about as often and effectively as I think anyone could reasonably want (without a Trinity there to keep you filled up, heh). 

And I think it scales about as well as is possible for Excal since Blind+Exalted Blind is a huge amount of Finisher Damage. 

While still allowing for full use of all his weapons, a Covert Dagger, whatever you like.

Hope that helps.

Cheers and Happy Hunting, Tenno
~R~

Edited by Rolunde

21 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

Sorry, I derped and posted it before I was done. =p

OK so the rest...

This build gives him the "warriors" health and armor and allows you to use all of his powers and minimizes the impact of enemy scaling.

I didn't use any Strength mods because, imo, the damage done by Slash Dash is entirely secondary to its use as a Gap Closer and Damage Mitigation.  
No matter how much strength he has it will eventually just not be enough and this seems to be sooner rather than later. 

To a degree, the same goes for Exalted Blade. Now it will stay effective for a long time, but not where near as effective as Radial Blind

Again IMO but Radial Blind is by far Excal's most effective tool. It's his key to both living and killing, heh.

The Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise and Streamline gives you "maxed efficiency" (175%) which means you can use his powers as much as possible. 

Since leeches etc are a thing I personally much prefer this over a high energy pool and less than maxed effic'

Then there is the "classic combination" of Vitality, Steel Fiber, and Rage.
Excal just barely has enough armor to make Steel Fiber work and then Rage giving him energy with his powers having the lowest possible cost again all works together.

Range because you want your Blind, Dash and Jjavelins to go as far as possible.

Back to Damage/Strength, all of this does less damage than a Power Strength build, but it's more spam-able so that basically "Doubles the Damage" right?! ;-)

If you don't already have a maxed out Primed Continuity it is, again imo, one of the very best Warframe mod investments you can make.

Since it allows you to max efficiency while not only avoiding shortened Duration but actually going a smidge over 100%.

And 100% Blind duration should be plenty enough time to kill everything in Range and/or have it ready to cast again.

Handspring is because if anything knocks you down or drags you off your feet* you'd most likely be toast before you could get back up. 
*scorpions, ancients, etc.

- IF I get knocked down/dragged the first thing I usually do when I pop back up is Slash Dash. You'll get a quick bit of movement, some damage but best of all, that damage mitigation. 

And then pop a Blind.

Whenever you get around to unlocking the Exilus Slot you can move Handspring to there and think about adding in Armored Agility for a but more armor plus faster movement, always nice. Or to go ahead and add in that Strength mod, or a Cunning Drift for a bit more range.

So anyhow that's mostly it. Again I like this build because it lets you use any and all of Excal's powers about as often and effectively as I think anyone could reasonably want (without a Trinity there to keep you filled up, heh). 

And I think it scales about as well as is possible for Excal since Blind+Exalted Blind is a huge amount of Finisher Damage. 

While still allowing for full use of all his weapons, a Covert Dagger, whatever you like.

Hope that helps.

Cheers and Happy Hunting, Tenno
~R~

Thanks I'll try it out

Handspring is good but thinking about natural talent. IDK T_T

Natural Talent is really good for him too, since Blind has a sort of hidden cooldown.

/taken from the wiki/  

• Radial Blind - Has a cast time of 1 second and a reuse delay of 5 seconds, affected by Natural Talent.

Blind's base duration is 15 seconds which I find is generally enough to cover you for those 5 seconds, but there's nothing wrong with shaving some time off of that either. 

Especially if you're doing endlessly spawning missions like Survival, where hordes and hordes of enemies just keep flooding in.

Seems like another good reason to unlock that Exilus slot when you can, then you could have both, hehe. ;-)

Cheers!
~R~

12 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

Natural Talent is really good for him too, since Blind has a sort of hidden cooldown.

/taken from the wiki/  

• Radial Blind - Has a cast time of 1 second and a reuse delay of 5 seconds, affected by Natural Talent.

Blind's base duration is 15 seconds which I find is generally enough to cover you for those 5 seconds, but there's nothing wrong with shaving some time off of that either. 

Especially if you're doing endlessly spawning missions like Survival, where hordes and hordes of enemies just keep flooding in.

Seems like another good reason to unlock that Exilus slot when you can, then you could have both, hehe. ;-)

Cheers!
~R~

I think I'll use constitution instead of continuity

Just now, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

I think I'll use constitution instead of continuity

Cool, it's great to tweak, fiddle with, and customize your builds until you've got them "just right" and make them your own. ;-)

If you go with a Rank 3 Fleeting Expertise and a Rank 5 Streamline then, that'll still keep the build at high efficiency (170%) and not lose quite as much Duration to offset Constitution having less than Primed Continuity.