Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

At what moment is platinum substracted from your account when you change your name?

_enon

Question

I want to change my alias, but I dont know if you get charged 200 plat the moment you click 'submit' regardless if the alias is already taken or not.

So my question is, Is the platinum substracted from your account the moment you click submit OR when your name is sucessfully changed?

Edited by thalx
phrased an actual question

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

They wouldn't charge you if the name was already taken, they'd tell you the name was taken. Making you pay for something then not actually doing the service you paid for isnt something a company would do if they wanted to avoid legal costs.

Not true. You must pay upfront for clan & alliance logos regardless of whether or not they are accepted. It has been that way since inception.

17 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

Not true. You must pay upfront for clan & alliance logos regardless of whether or not they are accepted. It has been that way since inception.

Name change is not the same as reviewing a possibly copyrighted work since it requires little to no effort at all for a basic logic check in the database to see if a name is taken or not compared to having to review a submitted image and see if it is possibly copyrighted (which takes time if the image is not plastered all over the internet). You are also not paying DE to add the badge to the game, you are paying them to review it and see if it is applicable to be added, then they add it to the game if it passes. The service is the check, you pay for it, they do it. There are rules regarding clan/alliance badges that you know in advance before submission, so if you don't pay attention to them you end up wasting your plat, while whether or not a name is taken is completely different since you would have no guaranteed way of knowing if a name is taken or not without having access to the list of every Warframe account.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

17 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Name change is not the same as reviewing a possibly copyrighted work since it requires little to no effort at all for a basic logic check in the database to see if a name is taken or not compared to having to review a submitted image and see if it is possibly copyrighted (which takes time if the image is not plastered all over the internet). You are also not paying DE to add the badge to the game, you are paying them to review it and see if it is applicable to be added, then they add it to the game if it passes. The service is the check, you pay for it, they do it. There are rules regarding clan/alliance badges that you know in advance before submission, so if you don't pay attention to them you end up wasting your plat, while whether or not a name is taken is completely different since you would have no guaranteed way of knowing if a name is taken or not without having access to the list of every Warframe account.

I don't need a lesson on the reasons why we pay for it upfront, obviously I have been around 4yrs and know the reasons. I was merely pointing out that there are times you must pay in advance.

Just now, DogManDan said:

I don't need a lesson on the reasons why we pay for it upfront, obviously I have been around 4yrs and know the reasons. I was merely pointing out that there are times you must pay in advance.

And by pointing it out you made it seem as if they would not do the service and still take the money, which is false. Paying upfront for a service and getting robbed are two entirely different things.

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

And by pointing it out you made it seem as if they would not do the service and still take the money, which is false. Paying upfront for a service and getting robbed are two entirely different things.

Maybe in your mind you think it makes it seem like they are taking the money, but nowhere in the statement I made do I see that conclusion at all.

5 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

Maybe in your mind you think it makes it seem like they are taking the money, but nowhere in the statement I made do I see that conclusion at all.

It is intrinsic when my comment was "They wouldn't charge you then not do the service" and you reply with "not true, they charge you upfront for clan/alliance logos" which, as we know, can be denied. My comment after was to clarify to anyone else reading why they get denied and you still get charged because you are still receiving the service paid for, the checking into the logo to ensure it isn't copyrighted. Adding it to the game for you is a perk bonus they threw into the mix. Name changes only charge if the service completes, the name getting changed. The check for the name is required due to databases not allowing reuse of the same names.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

6 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

It is intrinsic when my comment was "They wouldn't charge you then not do the service" and you reply with "not true, they charge you upfront for clan/alliance logos" which, as we know, can be denied. My comment after was to clarify to anyone else reading why they get denied and you still get charged because you are still receiving the service paid for, the checking into the logo to ensure it isn't copyrighted. Adding it to the game for you is a perk bonus they threw into the mix. Name changes only charge if the service completes, the name getting changed. The check for the name is required due to databases not allowing reuse of the same names.

drop the topic already and get over it

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Then why did you reply to an 18 hour old comment on a topic that was largely dead at that point...

I reply to all people who quote a comment I make. Forgive me for actually having a job where I work 10+ hours a day and can't scour the forums every minute to answer a quote fast enough for you.