Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Unbind chat from controller

Lord_of_Lords

Question

Hi People,

Sometimes when I'm playing with my PS4 controller on PC through Input Mapper, the chat opens when I meant to aim-glide.  It appears as though when I'm using a power like Mesa's 4 and I try to aim-glide, the chat opens.  This didn't used to be an issue (originally you could aim-glide in Mesa's 4 and it was kind of overpowered but then it was patched so that the aim-glide key didn't do anything).

I'm playing on PC so I don't need a chat button on my controller.  I've heavily customized my bindings already since I've played with a controller since before the power menu was a thing (who needs a button for roll).  Is there anyway to unbind the left trigger being the chat button?  I'd like the change to work throughout the entire game (Liset, missions, archwing, relays).  I'm willing to edit config files or whatever because this is so annoying.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Lord_of_Lords said:

Hi People,

Sometimes when I'm playing with my PS4 controller on PC through Input Mapper, the chat opens when I meant to aim-glide.  It appears as though when I'm using a power like Mesa's 4 and I try to aim-glide, the chat opens.  This didn't used to be an issue (originally you could aim-glide in Mesa's 4 and it was kind of overpowered but then it was patched so that the aim-glide key didn't do anything).

I'm playing on PC so I don't need a chat button on my controller.  I've heavily customized my bindings already since I've played with a controller since before the power menu was a thing (who needs a button for roll).  Is there anyway to unbind the left trigger being the chat button?  I'd like the change to work throughout the entire game (Liset, missions, archwing, relays).  I'm willing to edit config files or whatever because this is so annoying.

Thanks!

If you are using steam. Then use "big picture mode". 

Also... there is no need for an Input Mapper, the game has controller support.

Edited by Krhymez

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to rebind controller buttons outside of what you see in the menu. You may be able to find a way to do this through DS4Windows (if youre using this as a controller driver) or Input Mapper, as long as the program captures the button event before the game does and prevents it from being forwarded to the gam, it should work as a "hacky" solution to rebinding it and not ideal.

@Krhymez, there are no inherit drivers for the PS4 controller on PC released by Sony, even steams attempts to make it work are in beta and require big picture mode as you say. There are other options to allow the controller to be used outside of this event like DS4Windows and Input Mapper and would be required for games outside of steam. If its already being used for other purposes I see no reason why it wouldnt be needed, built-in controller support or not.

On 2/9/2017 at 6:38 AM, Kalbintion said:

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to rebind controller buttons outside of what you see in the menu. You may be able to find a way to do this through DS4Windows (if youre using this as a controller driver) or Input Mapper, as long as the program captures the button event before the game does and prevents it from being forwarded to the gam, it should work as a "hacky" solution to rebinding it and not ideal.

I do use Input Mapper but the game has actual functions for L2 and I'd prefer not to lose a button just because a console feature leaked into the PC build.

Thanks for the suggestion though.