Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Crosshairs

Nerumii

Alright... I've seen this topic dozens of times now. Wherever I go, reddit, warframe forums, other forums, asking players, i always see the same statement, made over 3 years already, soon going into the 4th year anniversary of Warframe.

I'm quite new to the game I admit, but seeing this topic coming up again and again and again eversince this game was released and has ALWAYS been completely ignored, why did the players just let this slip through?

Everytime I'm playing I have major problems following the crosshair. I am a competitive player and actually have a lot of training in terms of aim, but in this game i just can't get my head straight and get the headshots everytime. I see myself misplacing the crosshair constantly. And there are three reasons for it. The colour is absolutely NOT optimal, especially looking at the bright textures in the game which just make it even worse, then there is this small micro dot which is just too small for me and probably a lot others as well, i prefer a *real* crosshair, and the last issue is this white half-circle beneath the crosshair which is distracting as hell to me.

I've already seen this requested by hundreds of people, yet I've only looked through a few of those requests. How can a simple thing like this be so ignored if it is so essential for a shooting game?

Customizable Crosshairs is what I'm trying to ask for. Sure, the current crosshair can stay as default crosshair. But where is the problem with giving us the possibility, to change our crosshairs to our liking? Giving us this "One Size Fits All" **** is just not right for such a game. Almost every shooting related game has this feature already with a reason, everyone has a different mind and brain. The crosshair I can't keep up with might be perfect for someone else.

Long story short: How about the possibility to change colours of the crosshair, the possibilty to remove the half-circle and to change the small dot into a crosshair and maybe even more stuff?

As already said multiple times, this has been requested so much throughout the years and I'm pretty sure the majority still wants this feature but just gave up on complaining about it.

Some examples to show the huge effect of custom crosshairs:     (They are literally just a 10second photoshop investment and yet every colour on them would make them way more comfortable than the current Warframe crosshair)

Spoiler

2358811a28.jpgc2bb838e98.jpg

e5dd6c2fbb.jpgaf8a7173a2.jpgebf71b83e6.jpg

772d3cbc9f.jpg188a11b8b0.jpg

1f427e0f37.jpgbf23c224cd.jpga5c24b8ffa.jpgc4c5fa95b9.jpg

201109ca75.jpgb91bbe6c87.jpg

I am very sure the majority of you guys will have to search for quite a long time to see where the default crosshair is in some pictures. While the custom crosshairs jump into the eye and show where the crosshair is, exactly what it is supposed to do.

And whether DE believes me or not, situations where the default crosshair is basically invisible happen aaaaaaaallllllll the time. And usually even everyone of DE should've already had their frustrations with this.

Looking forward to see my crosshair ;)

Regards
Neru

Edited by Nerumii

23 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

Warframe in my opinion has a pretty cool crosshair, but being able to customize it or select from new ones will be amazing.

Sure, Warframe's crosshair is better than the most default crosshairs in games. But it's really not for everyone. I have immense problems with it and when i was reading the old requests on this, I pretty much found out that a high percentage of players has similar problems.

I think that the current crosshair is perfect, not too little not too much, but it wouldn't hurt the game to have the option to customize it.

But if you do "actually have a lot of training in terms of aim" you shouldn't even need a crosshair to aim, i don't. Sometimes, for fun i disable the hud and go on survival missions with no melee.

13 hours ago, Sketch065 said:

I think that the current crosshair is perfect, not too little not too much, but it wouldn't hurt the game to have the option to customize it.

But if you do "actually have a lot of training in terms of aim" you shouldn't even need a crosshair to aim, i don't. Sometimes, for fun i disable the hud and go on survival missions with no melee.

Well if that's your idea of it then you're wrong. DId you forget what the crosshair is for? It's there to show us the exact middle of the screen, therefor the exact point the bullets fly. Without a crosshair all you can do is aim vaguely. Aiming vaguely will always lead you to miss your shots. You could tell someone to play without a crosshair who is millions of times better than i am and he would also have problems without a crosshair. We don't know the exact middle of the screen without a crosshair, sadly, since we are no robots. And if you see no difference for yourself in aiming with and without crosshair, then I'd have to tell you that you seemingly aim bad with a crosshair anyways.

I'm sick of not landing long distance headshots because i lose the crosshair out of sight. Sometimes it's even a struggle in close range, since the half-cricle often distracts me so much that i think the crosshair is on the target, while the dot is definitely far away from it but the half-circle touches the target.

Edited by Nerumii

Would like to change the size and colour of the crosshair too. I agree it's why I don't consistently get headshots. There is an absurd amount of things happening on screen sometimes for games like this so it's important to have a high-contrast crosshair. I shed a tear for any colourblind tenno.

On 9/2/2017 at 11:00 AM, Sketch065 said:

You obviously don't know anything about competitive shooters. No-crosshair is only for military simulators or a personal preference.

Edited by MrDaylight

Sooo.. Looking at these new hitmarkers which just hit the game, I'm not sure if it was intended to fit this problem here or not, but I have to admit, they do make it a little easier contrast wise to see the crosshair. But it is still FAR from what is needed in my opinion. Hitmarkers don't solve the problem. Now I'm atleast able to see where the crosshair is when shooting into a big junk of enemies, but I still lose it out of sight on long distances or on my first few shots. The contrast on the colours of the new hitmarkers are amazing, the animation of it might be controversal. Give it an option to toggle on / off and maybe the option to take the old hitmarkers as well if some players want to keep the old hitmarker.

But what we still very much need is modification for the crosshair itself in my opinion. Colours, much likely a real *cross*hair which'd make it much easier for a lot of people to see what they are shooting at. As I said, the contrast in the new hitmarkers is good. That's what I've been looking for in this thread, just for the crosshair itself.

I added some rough examples on the big influence custom crosshairs would make in terms of visibility. "Invisible crosshair-moments" happen more often than you can imagine with the default crosshair and happens multiple times in every mission, everyone probably already had a few frustrations because of this and for sure everyone already missed shots because they lost their crosshair out of sight. The pictures are meant to show how much better custom crosshairs actually are.

Edited by Nerumii

It's been quite a while that I've played Hawken, but they had an impressive selection of crosshairs. (Every primary crosshair can be combined with every secondary crosshair.) Slide Sight or Broken X, for example, are good for weapons with pin-point accuracy. Primary weapon has drop-off (similar to bows)? Take Notched Crosshair and mabe Trajectory as secondary.

The missions were about as interesting as Conclave (better balanced, though), but when it came to HUD customization, that game was top-notch. They didn't have a need for colourblind mode, because you could even set the colours for the individual HUD elements.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okaaayy.. I've politely watched this thread being moved quite a few times by mods, lastly being moved to "concepts" and it very much feels like DE just wants to get rid of this topic once again.

I've quit warframe for a few months, out of a few reasons and the crosshair was part of it, since it still was frustrating to me. Came back in the hope that there is something available now to see my crosshair better, but there still was no change. 

@DE 
Don't forget that this right here is still serious feedback and has been requested quite often throughout the years, it's such a small change but it's still a huge problem to players who actually MIND missing their shots all the time without a reason. I have no idea who made the decision to move it to "concepts", since this isn't a made-up concept at all and still belongs to feedback since it can cause problems to some players.

Edited by Nerumii