The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gryphus Tech Corporation Supports The New Clan System Only If

Gryphticon

No flame but I originally short listed this clan to join.

After seeing this thread and its 'threats'/'demands' plus its public fighting of clan members, I feel like I dodged a bullet.

This is not a good advertisement for this clan.

1. Alliance chat: We're alright with segmentation but not with isolation, it's preferable to have a chat for all the alliance.

2. Same dojo for all the alliance: We absolutely want the same dojo for all the alliance. We want to focus all of our resources in the same dojo.

3. Alliance counts as 1 clan in events: Even segmented, we're still the same clan, we don't want each unit in the alliance to not count as one with the others.

So to conclude, we want a alliance chat, the same dojo for all the alliance and the alliance must count as one clan in event rankings.

Support.

Support.

Support.

Read the thread, laughed at how childish and arrogant it sounds, proceeded to laugh some more at delusions of clan "x" needing to give their stamp of approval to anything the devs do.

There are ways to ask for things, and acting like your some special interest group or a workers union is definitely not the way to go. Unless your goal is to come across as pretentious, arrogant and absolutely deluded.

This.

If you have so much influence, please do us all a favor and go on strike.

Food for thought:

We released a new update 8.3 which broke clans and people had terrible performance, wat do?

Lets break up the clans instead!

What a ridiculously naive and ignorant view.

@OP: if your demands were met it would basically mitigate all the reasons for clans being forced to downsize in the first place. Surely you realise this.

I also find the fact your opinion is worth more than others' on the matter just because you happen to be Warlord of a clan which will be affected laughable. Once the changes have been implimented and actually done anything to you, come back and give your feedback. Anything at this point is theorycrafting and everybody's opinions are of equal worth.

1. Alliance chat: We're alright with segmentation but not with isolation, it's preferable to have a chat for all the alliance.

2. Same dojo for all the alliance: We absolutely want the same dojo for all the alliance. We want to focus all of our resources in the same dojo.

3. Alliance counts as 1 clan in events: Even segmented, we're still the same clan, we don't want each unit in the alliance to not count as one with the others.

So to conclude, we want a alliance chat, the same dojo for all the alliance and the alliance must count as one clan in event rankings.

Those are the requirements that we discussed in our clan forums, the system is great but we don't want to be divided.

That or we don't segment our clan, simple as that.

This is kinda what I was having issues with

We need to voice our opinions.

We earned our stature in size.

Small clans did not.

There is a reason our clans are big, And its not because of our dojos.

We built communities, we built website.  We do give aways and we host events.

lolwat? 

There is a misconception that large clans are only big so people can buy weapons and blueprints.

This is a slap in the face, and is untrue.

You should know yourself, It is not the resource that keep players in a clan, It is the community and the bonds they make.

The size of a clan means nothing. It's not indicative of skill, success, or friendliness.

There is nothing involved in randomly inviting every single person you play with or anyone who requests to join.

Being the "leader" (or member) of a clan with 10,000 people does not make you better or more knowledgeable than the leader (or member) of a clan with 10-30 members.

Edited by Seraphyx

The size of a clan means nothing. It's not indicative of skill, success, or friendliness.

There is nothing involved in randomly inviting every single person you play with or anyone who requests to join.

Being the "leader" (or member) of a clan with 10,000 people does not make you better or more knowledgeable than the leader (or member) of a clan with 10-30 members.

That hurt like a slap in the face. But I don't either think the size of clans is indicative but it's indicative that the Warlord/leader has experience in dealing with clans so he'll probably do a good job.

If you try big clans, you'll probably love how the leader is dedicated to making your experience fun.

There is a misconception that large clans are only big so people can buy weapons and blueprints.

This is a slap in the face, and is untrue.

Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20m

+1 only because the image was funny but didn't have any connection to your quote.

This is kinda what I was having issues with

We need to voice our opinions.

We earned our stature in size.

Small clans did not.

There is a reason our clans are big, And its not because of our dojos.

We built communities, we built website.  We do give aways and we host events.

Well I need to disagree with you with your comparison to the smaller clans. Look at the overrated faze clan, they're small but have influence, you can always check other small clans that are very popular but membership isn't easily earned.

That hurt like a slap in the face. But I don't either think the size of clans is indicative but it's indicative that the Warlord/leader has experience in dealing with clans so he'll probably do a good job.

If you try big clans, you'll probably love how the leader is dedicated to making your experience fun.

I disagree. I don't believe clan size reflects the effectiveness of the leader at all, not in Warframe.

There hasn't been anything in Warframe that tests clans to see how good they are, how effectively they communicate and work as a team, nothing that tests the leadership of a clan and their effectiveness at leading, absolutely nothing.

Clan size means absolutely nothing nor says anything (positive or negative) about the people running massive clans, just that they went on a massive inviting spree and because of clans having no limit the clan grew as big as it did.

Edited by Seraphyx

I disagree. I don't believe clan size reflects the effectiveness of the leader at all, not in Warframe.

There hasn't been anything in Warframe that tests clans to see how good they are, how effectively they communicate and work as a team, nothing that tests the leadership of a clan and their effectiveness at leading, absolutely nothing.

Clan size means absolutely nothing nor says anything (positive or negative) about the people running massive clans, just that they went on a massive inviting spree and because of clans having no limit the clan grew as big as it did.

I want you to start up a clan, and invite 1000+ people without building a website or a sense of community or a theme.

AsurO And GTC actually have themes,

We went out of our way to build websites, and we even correlated each of our clans within lore so players can actually believe in our clans. 

And your really trying to say that size has nothing to do with leadership?

You fail to understand

That in order to go on a "massive inviting spree and because of clans having no limit"

You actually have to have players apply to your clan.

And that.

Is where leadership and a solid theme comes into play.

Not to mention two completely different, and well thought out leadership systems.

As I have said 100 times.

There is a specific reason that our clans are so large.

Its because were badass and we did the work to make these clans appealing to other people.

And that is not an exploit or a cheat, It is fair game. 

I agree with pdxdubin with this one. Dark Vector went on a inviting spree (finally stopped hiding the truth) but they didn't have real themes so when I talked to their members, they said they've joined simply for the weapons bps.

Big clan leaders actually have the ability to gather large masses of people, that's what makes them a little more special.

1. Perfectly supported, DE simply MUST add an Alliance chat when they implement the new clan system.

2. Unlikely to happen. Subdivisions of the large clans split during the implementation will have the original dojo copy-pasted to them, but not afterwards. In other words, you'll have to build TWO OR MORE of each room/hallway later on, one for each dojo. It's to artificially increase game lifespan by making dojos take several times longer to build and farm for. Of course, the REAL problem here isn't about mat costs for rooms, it's about players of a clan having their right to duel or hang out together in the dojo revoked by forcefully splitting them into two different subdivisions with their own dojo. This can be remedied by allowing players (of high enough rank maybe) to freely move from clan to clan within an alliance. Mat costs are still multiplied in terms of numbers of subdivisions, and players get to hang out together all they want.

3. Impossible. However, DE should add a new category for Top Alliances, alongside top players and top clans. Also, for Top Clans, only one subdivision of a large clan should be allowed on the list. The last thing we need is all 3 top clan slots being taken by a single large clan, like WarframeJapan and stuff. Also, in future events, ALL clans should have the ability to earn memorabilia from the event like the statue if they participate enough, such as get a certain amount of kills based on their clan tier (not too easy, not too hard). To keep the Top Clans competition, the Top Clans can get a Deluxe edition of the memorabilia.

Edited by Madotsuki

What you fail to understand is that anyone can invite random people, you don't need people to apply to your clan you just invite anyone you come across. Give those random people the ability to invite others as well. Now everyone is inviting everyone they come across that isn't in a clan and making the clan grow exponentially. Give even more people the ability to invite and you keep growing without having to do anything special.

You can believe whatever you want. Creating websites is not exclusive to thousand people clans. It's not difficult to make a website in this day and age and you don't even need to make one yourself. You're acting like making a website is such a monumental task and a game changer and that it's a large reason for your success which is laughable.

If you think you're badass, good for you, I don't. Numbers don't impress me, definitely not on Warframe. I never said you exploited or did anything to cheat so I have no idea why you bothered bringing that up.

None of the things you brought up is exclusive to large clans and is in no way indicative of good leadership or anything. I've been in small clans of under 50 people with websites, had a "theme" (almost every clan does anyway...), and has good leadership and communication.

Unlimited or multi-thousand people clans do far more harm than good anyway.

Edited by Seraphyx

1. Perfectly supported, DE simply MUST add an Alliance chat when they implement the new clan system.

2. Unlikely to happen. Subdivisions of the large clans split during the implementation will have the original dojo copy-pasted to them, but not afterwards. In other words, you'll have to build TWO OR MORE of each room/hallway later on, one for each dojo. It's to artificially increase game lifespan by making dojos take several times longer to build and farm for. Of course, the REAL problem here isn't about mat costs for rooms, it's about players of a clan having their right to duel or hang out together in the dojo revoked by forcefully splitting them into two different subdivisions with their own dojo. This can be remedied by allowing players (of high enough rank maybe) to freely move from clan to clan within an alliance. Mat costs are still multiplied in terms of numbers of subdivisions, and players get to hang out together all they want.

3. Impossible. However, DE should add a new category for Top Alliances, alongside top players and top clans. Also, for Top Clans, only one subdivision of a large clan should be allowed on the list. The last thing we need is all 3 top clan slots being taken by a single large clan, like WarframeJapan and stuff. Also, in future events, ALL clans should have the ability to earn memorabilia from the event like the statue if they participate enough, such as get a certain amount of kills based on their clan tier (not too easy, not too hard). To keep the Top Clans competition, the Top Clans can get a Deluxe edition of the memorabilia.

What is a "top clan"

F that idea.

Remove all of that all together.

And if you think that will piss people off.

We placed #2 in the event.

And I still don't feel like we have the ability to say we are better then any other clan.

i posted a thread.

Top clans should be removed

Turn them into Top prizes.

so that all clans can earn these things equally without separating them based on how many informers they want to kill in some boring event. 

What you fail to understand is that anyone can invite random people, you don't need people to apply to your clan you just invite anyone you come across. Give those random people the ability to invite others as well. Now everyone is inviting everyone they come across with that isn't in a clan and making the clan grow exponentially. Give even more people the ability to invite and you keep growing without having to do anything special.

You can believe whatever you want. Creating websites is not exclusive to thousand people clans. It's not difficult to make a website in this day and age and you don't even need to make one yourself. You're acting like making a website is such a monumental task and a game changer and that it's a large reason for your success which is laughable.

If you think you're badass, good for you, I don't. Numbers don't impress me, definitely not on Warframe. I never said you exploited or did anything to cheat so I have no idea why you bothered bringing that up.

None of the things you brought up is exclusive to large clans and is in no way indicative of good leadership or anything. I've been in small clans of under 50 people with websites, had a "theme" (almost every clan does anyway...), and has good leadership and communication.

Unlimited or multi-thousand people clans do far more harm than good anyway.

Like I said.

Start a clan and show me that anyone can invite people mindlessly.

I have seen a lot of clans post threads for recruitment and not have 1 person apply for it.

There is an appeal, and in order to gain that you have to be badass.

Ill say it again

Giant pink octopus is a prime example.

if you want to make a good clan,

you need to be a good leader.

She draws pictures of all her members, why?

because she cares about her clan.

Those kinds of things get you members.

And they put you in top places on the event.

So yea.

I still think you are entirely wrong.

Also.

Don't get me wrong.

I don't think my clan is better then yours.

I just think it must be more appealing if you only have 50 members.

The website is just an example of how we go out of our way to make our clan a great environment.

And to run a great community. 

Tons of clans.

Flow

Under the lotus

The Unsent

They all have meanings

and people WANT to join their clan because of those meanings.

You cant just expect 1000's of people to join you because you started up some random clan with a friend.

You have to think through it and spend time on your clan.

I know so many leaders who don't even participate with their clans and don't even care about them.

And that is the main reason people leave those clans to join clans like asuro.

Edited by pdxdubin

That or we don't segment our clan, simple as that.

Well if your clan is over 1000 members you won't have much of a choice in the matter. If it isn't no one will force you to divide the clan. Either way the adjustments have been made and like ir or not, you better start going with the flow

On a personnal note. I really have no issue with any clan or player in warframe but I gotta say: Seeing players from the same clan publicly attacking each other, disagreeing on important issues regarding the clas future and actually going against (again, for all eyes to see) the warlord of the clan is, at least, ridiculous. And these are the same players that speak of coesion and friendship. I laugh at this.

Another thing, being one of those ridiculous and unnecessary large clans doesn't give you an higher voice than the rest of us. Before complaining about the adjustments de DE are gonna make, maybe you should think about why they had to do it in the first place. It's not because of 10,50,100 members clans, thats for sure.

Edited by Jints

Like I said.

Start a clan and show me that anyone can invite people mindlessly.

I have seen a lot of clans post threads for recruitment and not have 1 person apply for it.

There is an appeal, and in order to gain that you have to be badass.

Ill say it again

Giant pink octopus is a prime example.

if you want to make a good clan,

you need to be a good leader.

She draws pictures of all her members, why?

because she cares about her clan.

Those kinds of things get you members.

And they put you in top places on the event.

So yea.

I still think you are entirely wrong.

I have no interest in starting or maintaining a large clan. Especially not just to prove some random person wrong.

I already said what I had to say, there is absolutely nothing in Warframe that will show that the leadership of 'x' clan is better than 'y' clan, there is nothing involved in creating a massive clan beyond inviting anyone you can find or anyone that asks.

And you know why there are so many empty clan threads? Because of giant clans that have invited so many people already. New players are going to gravitate automatically towards larger already established clans for various reasons. This in no way means a clan with 5000 people has better leadership than one with 30.

Edited by Seraphyx

I want you to start up a clan, and invite 1000+ people without building a website or a sense of community or a theme.

AsurO And GTC actually have themes,

We went out of our way to build websites, and we even correlated each of our clans within lore so players can actually believe in our clans. 

And your really trying to say that size has nothing to do with leadership?

You fail to understand

That in order to go on a "massive inviting spree and because of clans having no limit"

You actually have to have players apply to your clan.

And that.

Is where leadership and a solid theme comes into play.

Not to mention two completely different, and well thought out leadership systems.

As I have said 100 times.

There is a specific reason that our clans are so large.

Its because were badass and we did the work to make these clans appealing to other people.

And that is not an exploit or a cheat, It is fair game.

Just want to mention how Broframe even got to where its at now. There was no theme and the website was just this guys youtube account where he said ill invite you, all you have to do is add me to your contact list. It was 1 guy inviting everyone who add him on his contact list. After 1000+ invites he just opened it all up to everyone to be able to invite anyone else. There's only 1 rule and its the best rule to have in any clan: Dont be a $&*^.

Does this make him a great warlord or make the other leaders in the clan great leaders? No clue I'm not in the clan I dont have a clue what happens in there. Is he popular? Yeah 44,000+ subscribers on his youtube channel is great proof of that.

You're trying to say that every single person in your clan is there because of the theme or website of your clan and not a single person joined you because they saw you were decently large and knew you had a lot of the stuff in the dojo already built and researched? Id have to say you'd be naive if you believe that. Are you a great warlord or your leaders great leaders? Again no clue.

Ill just repeat the important part of what the other guy said.

Clan size means absolutely nothing nor says anything (positive or negative) about the people running massive clans.

Edited by Brontolith

The entire point of the clan change is to even out clan based events. Thus the third change you propose won't happen. Since dojo's don't really matter they could make them alliance wide, yet they already explained whats happening with dojo..

Its ok though you do get alliance chat :D

The entire point of the clan change is to even out clan based events. Thus the third change you propose won't happen. Since dojo's don't really matter they could make them alliance wide, yet they already explained whats happening with dojo..

Its ok though you do get alliance chat :D

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaka

If they cut 1000+ clans down

Then they still have the huge gap between 100 player clans and 1000 player clans.

So if this about balance.

Ill tell you now that cutting up large clans wont fix anything. 

They need to just go back to the drawing board there :3 

Well I need to disagree with you with your comparison to the smaller clans. Look at the overrated faze clan, they're small but have influence, you can always check other small clans that are very popular but membership isn't easily earned.

Exactly

Which is why i say that there is no "top clan"

So the ideology of these events needs to be rethought out.

Our clans are not big to be competitive

They are big to sustain a diverse community where people can make friends and find squads.

I think the event system just needs to be changed.

Because as i keep saying

we are 4000 players in a 1000 clan teir

What about the 900 player clans in a 100-1000 player teir.

See thats the issue right there.