Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Races - A Competitive Pve Endgame Or Special Event

Einsig_SV

This concept is vaguely similar to races in Path of Exile.

These are high level timed events that happen like the Alert system, or as weekend events with special rules that DE sets up. All races will be announced automatically or manually several hours in advance, or a few days if it's a weekend event.

Races open access to a unique randomized system map that you or a group must progress through within a certain amount of time or with a minimum score. The number of missions in the race zone will vary based on how long the race is timed for.

Each mission will of course have different goals, and a random special objective that gives you extra points. You will be notified of every detail of the mission before you enter it, so you can plan your Frame and gear around each individual mission, or discuss team compositions with your group. This means that not every mission will be about rushing to the finish line and may in fact punish you for rushing.

Races will distribute rewards in a ladder system. The highest ranking players and groups will receive special rewards. There will be rewards for both groups and individual players. There will be rewards for most kills, fastest times, most objective points, most affinity earned, best stealth play and other such things. Rewards will typically be large bundles of credits and rare materials, but really high scores can get things like potatoes, forma, pre-crafted weapons, rare blueprints and rare mods.

There will also be non-ladder rewards that are automatically given to players and groups that breach score benchmarks and don't require one to place in the top of a ladder.

Edited by Ion_Sig

I lost myself on the "pvE" stand point.

So you're not challenging the "race" for a leader board and stuff? purely just to finish the mission and get the reward?

Sorry about the question, i get some hard times understanding some posts, so i prefer to play dumb instead of making stupid offensive reply ^^

Edited by Endrance

There's a ladder system and you are competing with other players and groups on the ladder. The actual length of the race system will often be longer than most people can finish within the allotted time, so people who get the farthest or earn the most points will be at the top of the ladder. There may also be special side areas that don't actually progress you towards the end of the race, but give you points for special objective rewards.

The races will vary in difficulty but they will typically be about as hard as T3 Voids.

Edited by Ion_Sig

I approve of this idea and would love to see it implemented.

It would allow for a fun way to compete with fellow players, and as long as the ladder rewards and stuff was nothing you cant get any other way, such as giving out weapons that you can ONLY get through the racing, it would be a nice addition to the game. Because while it is nice to reward people for doing well, they shouldn't be exclusive rewards if they affect the gameplay. Color packs for those people are fine. Giving them something that you normally have to farm for, or even alert rewards are fine. Just dont give them something like a weapon or mod that you can't get any other way.