Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Riven Roll should I keep for Dread?

DeadPixO

Question

7 answers to this question

Just now, Masashu said:

9Gh71hV.jpg

Recently returned to Warframe so this Riven stuff is still pretty new to me.
Thanks.

Given that the Dread can always Crit with only a maxed out Point Strike, keep the latter.  More base damage and more crit damage means, on a shot by shot basis, you're doing far, FAR more damage.

1 minute ago, Sintag said:

Given that the Dread can always Crit with only a maxed out Point Strike, keep the latter.  More base damage and more crit damage means, on a shot by shot basis, you're doing far, FAR more damage.

So it would outdamage red crits? I'm currently at around 182% Crit chance with the original Riven.

Just now, Masashu said:

So it would outdamage red crits? I'm currently at around 182% Crit chance with the original Riven.

If it adds another multiplier to damage (and at 100%+ crit damage it's almost like having two Vital Senses), then it will outdamage your current Red Crit totals.  Plus, when you do Red Crit with it, it'll add up to very, VERY high numbers.

34 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

I would keep the first. Red crits are more pleasing. Sure you will do more normal crit damage but since red crits are dealing4x damage the first should be better.

The formula for Red Crits is as follows.

Red Crit Multiplier = 2 × (Crit Multiplier − 1) + 1

Two times (Crit multiplier minus one) plus one.

So for instance, I Red with a weapon that has a crit multiplier of 3x.  The formula and output would then be...

2 x (3 - 1) +1

Parentheses first, this means a Red with a 3x multiplier'd weapon would come out to 5x.

Now for the Dread, which has a 25% chance to Red with only the maxed out Point Strike, and with one Vital Sense, has a 4.4x multiplier after a 120% increase to crit damage...

2 x (4.4 - 1) +1...

Red Crits would deal 7.8x damage per shot.  Now we add in a 101% increase to Crit Damage, off the 2x multiplier at base, to make it 6.4x.

EDIT:  I got my numbers wrong.  It actually should be 6.4x.

2 x (6.4 -1) +1

With this formula, Dread's Reds would come out to 11.8x.  This is ONLY the added Crit Damage, this is entirely without considering the base damage increase.  Basically, the second Riven makes your arrows hit so freaking hard, even without Reds, that it's overall a more worthwhile deal.

EDIT:  Here's a (NSFW, language) mic drop

Edited by Sintag
Got my math a little off.