Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glast Gambit get Neewa back mission Bug

CharlieBaxter

Dear DE Community staff, 

While I have been enjoying your game on a semi-regular basis I have encountered a problem that I can only classify as a bug because it seems to be a situation that has not been considered in the missions design. Having progressed through the glast gambit series of missions on the index I reached the stage where an all or nothing situation is established and you have to spend a lucrative amount of credits to participate. The enemies I face? satisfying to overcome and battle. The gamemode? quite enjoyable with a degree of pressure due to time. 

The Quest mission itself? While it started as fun as previous missions the ending was Terrible. Horrendous. I played through the mission. I gathered the points, I battled and yes, I encountered the story mechanic of "cheating" that is employed to presumably add challenge and pressure. In theory a clever mechanic that heightens the stakes and in the previous missions, I did to a certain degree enjoy how the interference ramped up gradually with each match. 

When I went to deposit points and got killed by the electric zap I was initially surprised but remembered having seen it several times before. I continued playing and once again -Zap! Then Glast makes a remark and the Lotus says she will investigate the cause. "keep playing." Now, that phrase when I heard it had me thinking along the same train of thought as when the lotus says "continue your mission." In other words, every other mission where the lotus has said something along those lines has taught me, over and over again, when you reach another objective the Lotus -might- say something else, i.e the mirage missions, etc.

So applying that lesson that your game taught me I continued, with only another 60 seconds to go. Consider the situation: You need to complete 3 consecutive rounds. Fail one? you lose. Ok, so therefore how will progression be obtained in this mission? Well the next "objective" that I considered possible to reach was

-get killed by the cheat mechanic when i try to deposit more points-

So that's what happened, I'd get a point and try to deposit it, again and again until there were only nine seconds left. Did I get another voice prompt? No. What did I learn? That is not what is wanted. So what is? Surely the mission is not purely to spend over 150,000 credits and fail? Faced with imminent failure I went to the next logical conclusion; Alright, perhaps there is a cooldown on the cheating electricity and I'm not fast enough, I should have done this cooperatively - with another person. Faced with imminent failure I aborted the mission. Why?

-Warframe taught the lesson that sometimes missions that require spending resources to access give them back if you abort.-

So I thought "well I'm gonna lose, it's clearly my fault I should have asked for someone else to help me on the mission because of the cheating, not because of the enemies. I'll abort and maybe get to keep my resources". So after aborting  I checked and sure enough my resources were gone, a harsh blow for such a high gamble but fair is fair, I was willing to put the credits in. What caught my eye however was the holdings being wagered weren't by the same named individual. 

This led me to be confused, as I thought there was only Glast willing to pay for the child so I looked online, to see If I had missed something and the wiki article on the glast gambit showed me something unfortunate. The mission is supposed to fail. I was shocked. Reading further down the article it stated the lotus Informs you after the mission has ended back on the orbiter to go somewhere. 

So that's my situation, 160,000 credits lighter, And I Have To Fail Again. 

An overview of this situation is that the mission doesn't make it clear enough that you need to fail. for the sake of future players please alter the voice line that the lotus uses to make it clear to complete the match - no matter the outcome. Even just adding something like "keep playing, no matter the outcome" would help cement the intention the developers clearly had. But what about the aborting aspect of it, since that's considered a failure, shouldn't the developers have that cause the lotus to speak back on the ship? And I get it, yes, that wouldn't work either because then there's a chance players would just abort that mission straight away. 

In conclusion, from this players perspective, that particular mission, when you first wager for Neewa, before the spy mission, is flawed. Not broken by any means, but flawed, to the extent that it needs revisited briefly and adjusted to improve the interpretation of the intended objectives. Look, I'm not expecting anything to come from this but I believe it is better to at least try and notify the developers of this scenario, despite the likelyhood they won't have the time to address it. 

With Regards,

Charlie B. A Warframe enthusiast

22 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

That is ... a LOT of text to ask for one voice line to be clarified.

I agree, but I believe it is beneficial to provide context and the line of thought of the player during the mission. I'm aware I may not always present what I am trying to say well but hopefully when read, my post conveys that the mission would benefit greatly from being tweaked.