Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WTS Simulor Riven (dmg + multishot)

Sahrijae

19 minutes ago, PotatoGamer100 said:

Don't get me wrong, I meant it as it's a super useful mod, I often use Simulor myself but I'm pretty low on plat atm lol, I just noticed your post and couldn't resist commenting.

The simulor fires orbs that merge to form a vortex. This vortex reaches its damage cap at 4 orbs (merging two or three orbs deals damage as well, just not as much), meaning that any following orb won't increase its damage. Multishot allows the full vortex (4 orbs) to reach the cap faster. With Split Chamber you'd normally need two shots (2+2) to form it, provided you proc the multishot since Split Chambers grants a 90% chance of that extra orb. However, when you fire a Simulor with multishot in it, even if you shoot two orbs at the same time, they won't merge with each other, so in order to deal damage you need to fire, at least, twice. So what multishot does is basically allowing the gun to reach its maximum potential in the least number of shots possible.

Using Split Chamber is situational. For example, if you plan on making a vortex and then move to form another somewhere else, by all means then use Split Chamber (2 shots per full vortex on average). However, if you plan on "feeding" the same vortex, you'd be better using another damage mod instead of Split Chamber because it'd be a waste of slot (e.g. missions where you don't need to move around much) - once the vortex has reached its cap, having multishot won't do anything for you, at all. So, do you want a riven with multishot? Personally I wouldn't want it, for two reasons. First, the multishot that Split Chamber provides (90%) is already enough, and more importantly, is more reliable because a 10% chance not to fire two orbs is fairly low, so having a total of 90% multishot is pretty reliable; if you had, say 130% total multishot (90 from SC and 40 from a riven), you'd have a 30% chance to fire three orbs... you'd still need a second shot to form the full vortex. Even if a full vortex needed more than 4 orbs, a 30% chance is not reliable in my book. Secondly, Simulor rivens have the lowest disposition of all rivens so every "useless" stat that you put in means lower values for every other stats, possibly making a riven not worth it at all to the point of using a regular mod instead of it... because why would you choose a riven over a regular mod if it's not because it makes the gun better.

I hope I was clear enough.

Edited by Corwel
29 minutes ago, Corwel said:

The simulor fires orbs that merge to form a vortex. This vortex reaches its damage cap at 4 orbs (merging two or three orbs deals damage as well, just not as much), meaning that any following orb won't increase its damage. Multishot allows the full vortex (4 orbs) to reach the cap faster. With Split Chamber you'd normally need two shots (2+2) to form it, provided you proc the multishot since Split Chambers grants a 90% chance of that extra orb. However, when you fire the Simulor, even if you shoot two orbs at the same time, they won't merge, so in order to deal damage you need to fire twice despite having multishot. So what multishot does is basically allowing the gun to reach its maximum potential in the least number of shots possible.

Using Split Chamber is situational. For example, if you plan on making a vortex and then move to form another somewhere else, by all means then use Split Chamber (2 shots per full vortex on average). However, if you plan on "feeding" the same vortex, you'd be better using another damage mod instead of Split Chamber because it'd be a waste of slot (e.g. missions where you don't need to move around much) - once the vortex has reached its cap, having multishot won't do anything for you, at all. So, do you want a riven with multishot? Personally I wouldn't want it, for two reasons. First, the multishot that Split Chamber provides (90%) is already enough, and more importantly, is more reliable because a 10% chance not to fire two orbs is fairly low, so having a total of 90% multishot is pretty reliable; if you had, say 130% total multishot (90 from SC and 40 from a riven), you'd have a 30% chance to fire three orbs... you'd still need a second shot to form the full vortex. Even if a full vortex needed more than 4 orbs, a 30% chance is not reliable in my book. Secondly, Simulor rivens have the lowest disposition of all rivens so every "useless" stat that you put in means lower values for every other stats, possibly making a riven not worth it at all to the point of using a regular mod instead of it... because why would you choose a riven over a regular mod if it's not because it makes the gun better.

I hope I was clear enough.

Damn point proven lol, I could just imagine how many Vortex's would be created with all that multishot and Mirage together xD

17 minutes ago, PotatoGamer100 said:

Damn point proven lol, I could just imagine how many Vortex's would be created with all that multishot and Mirage together xD

Wouldn't make much of a difference because the extra orbs that come out can't be separated, so they can't really merge into a different vortex. There wouldn't be any visual difference at all.