The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Can You Please Consider This?

lautalocos

wall of text incoming, and english is not my natal language, but please read before posting.

as you all know, a lot of times when DE makes a change to a weapon, warframe or gameplay mechanic, a lot of people don´t like those changes (example: shotgun damage dropoff, slide cooldown), or isn´t exactly the expected change (example: mag rework).

i can´t imagine how hard is to read every forum post to see what kind of thing the community wants, so i thought that the most important thing that you should start doing is to tell the community what you are planning to change and how. you will most likely get 1000 different opinions so maybe, you should do the same as you did with the anti-matter warframe, make polls for important changes (example: is this weapon fine, does it need a nerf or a buff? is this warframe a one trick pony? which skills of him do you think need a rework?). maybe the voting should be exclusive to the design council, and im saying this as someone who isn´t part of it.

of course, the final decision would always have to be yours. if not, we would be in the same situation when the HEK was obviously the most powerfull weapon and it needed some kind of nerf, and yet almost everyone who had the weapon denied it. this would be just so that any changes you make wont have to be rolled back a few patches later, and so every patch fully fixes something instead of fixing 2 things and breaking another thing.

of course, im not familiar with game development, so maybe this process would slow down the game lauch a lot. you will know what is right to do

PS: again, this is just an idea to help the communication with the players and the devs, it´s probably horrible but i just didn´t figure it out yet

i think this is a good idea. especially when it comes down to the small things like the sounds. some of the weapon sounds have been changed like every other patch. a good way to poll would be to put the current and other sounds to a poll where we can play the sounds to see what we like and then vote on it. design council or not i think small changes like that should be put to a vote (unless in cases where its not working as intended)

It couldn't work...

Some people are stuck in their ways. Others will simply deny it.

The same people that refuse to nerf anything would be part of the vote. And you need nerfs, which a lot of people do not realize.

Imagine if DE let people make the changes, everything would be as strong as Acrid, Ogris, and Hek. Imagine how "Fun" the game would be then?

It couldn't work...

Some people are stuck in their ways. Others will simply deny it.

The same people that refuse to nerf anything would be part of the vote. And you need nerfs, which a lot of people do not realize.

Imagine if DE let people make the changes, everything would be as strong as Acrid, Ogris, and Hek. Imagine how "Fun" the game would be then?

mentioned that on the topic, that´s the main reason why im not sure if this will work