Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ohma & Condition Overload

(XBOX)TheMadCash

Question

So with condition overload. Melee weapons gain extra damage for each proc affecting the target. Except for impact and corrosive. Now here is my question. With Ohma slam attack. It will shoot out lightening stunning any enemy in range. Now does it gain +60% melee dmg for each electric stun on an enemy?  Or just gain 60% Dmg because of the electric proc and it doesn't matter how many enemies was affected?

10 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

So with condition overload. Melee weapons gain extra damage for each proc affecting the target. Except for impact and corrosive. Now here is my question. With Ohma slam attack. It will shoot out lightening stunning any enemy in range. Now does it gain +60% melee dmg for each electric stun on an enemy?  Or just gain 60% Dmg because of the electric proc and it doesn't matter how many enemies was affected?

I honestly don't know, but I think you get more damage per enemy affected.

1 minute ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

I believe it's specific to each enemy. Like if one enemy has 3 procs, there would be a 180% damage boost on that specific enemy, but if a different enemy has only 1, it'll just have a 60% boost. 

That's how the mod reads, anyways. 

Ohhh so it's a damage boost against the specific enemy. Kinda had high hopes for Ohma and Condition overload. Might still use it but thx for the reply

Just now, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Ohhh so it's a damage boost against the specific enemy. Kinda had high hopes for Ohma and Condition overload. Might still use it but thx for the reply

Oh, it's a ridiculously powerful mod. It's just hard to work into an Ohma build because of the lack of status variety. IPS-based weapons are better for it because of their ability to get 4 procs going at once, and Lesion is a special snowflake with it because Lesion can have 5 procs going at once, and it's hilariously strong.

7 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

I believe it's specific to each enemy. Like if one enemy has 3 procs, there would be a 180% damage boost on that specific enemy, but if a different enemy has only 1, it'll just have a 60% boost. 

That's how the mod reads, anyways. 

It stacks way harder then that from what I read from the wiki. By the Wiki calculation 3 stacks would be 4x the original weapons damage (1.6^3 -or- 1.6 x 1.6 x 1.6)

24 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

It stacks way harder then that from what I read from the wiki. By the Wiki calculation 3 stacks would be 4x the original weapons damage (1.6^3 -or- 1.6 x 1.6 x 1.6)

That makes no sense, though. Maybe the wiki can't math. Each stack of the buff should add 60% of the weapons damage before the Condition Overload buff is calculated each time. 

It would really be (if the mod is worded correctly with how math actually works): X+(X*0.6)+(X*0.6)+(X*0.6)  0.6 = 60%

So if a weapon does 100 damage, with 3 buffs it should be: 100+60+60+60 to equal 280.

___

And going through the wiki's calculation, they got it wrong. It's an addition of .6 for each stack, not a multiplication of 1.6 since 1.6 equals 160%. 

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

8 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

That makes no sense, though. Maybe the wiki can't math. Each stack of the buff should add 60% of the weapons damage before the Condition Overload buff is calculated each time. 

It would really be (if the mod is worded correctly with how math actually works): X+(X*0.6)+(X*0.6)+(X*0.6)  0.6 = 60%

So if a weapon does 100 damage, with 3 buffs it should be: 100+60+60+60 to equal 280.

The buff (according to the wiki) is multiplicative and not additive. meaning that each stack empowers over the previous. And usually the people on the Wiki test this stuff rigorously in the Simulacrum.

So stack 1
100*1.6=160

Stack 2
160*1.6=256

Stack 3
256*1.6=409,6

And so on. That's pretty insane especially because it works on status applied by other means.

Personally Thought it was additive as well but I guess I have a mod to farm for anyway cause it sounds fun with Saryn.

7 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

The buff (according to the wiki) is multiplicative and not additive. meaning that each stack empowers over the previous. And usually the people on the Wiki test this stuff rigorously in the Simulacrum.

So stack 1
100*1.6=160

Stack 2
160*1.6=256

Stack 3
256*1.6=409,6

And so on. That's pretty insane especially because it works on status applied by other means.

Personally Thought it was additive as well but I guess I have a mod to farm for anyway cause it sounds fun with Saryn.

That seems very wrong. 

If that IS the case (which I'm still skeptical about), then the mod is worded wrong and something needs to be corrected. Either the formula that's used needs to be changed to be additive, as the mod says, or the mod's description needs to be changed. 

Again, though, not entirely convinced that it wasn't a mathematical error on their part.