Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Three New Enemies

(PSN)BOP915

Ok I heard there are going to be enemies that are invulnerable unless you shoot certain spots to blow some things off to make them vulnerable. Wouldn't it be interesting if DE just made a different enemy type for each faction that has that and also certain new special abilities? Like say for the infested there is an enemy that absorbs dead infested or attacks it's own allies and absorbs them and thus it increases it's health, damage, armor and level by a certain amount after absorbing a certain amount of enemies and it also has those invulnerability spots on it to shoot or it will be hard to kill. Also you can only shoot the vulnarable spots while it is transforming after meeting it's quota. also it keeps continuing the cycle until somebody kills it (or DE put an improvement cap)

For the corpus What if they had a corpus tech type enemy that has the invulnerability spot things on it that can only be attacked while he is trying assemble a tougher enemy bot a few levels higher than the original enemies with more shields and damage capabilites or some kind of battle suits for a crewman to enter and control both from the  assembled parts a drone has picked up for it. Like say after 5 dead robots parts were scavenged by the enemy or drone and then it takes a bit of time for it to assemble the suped up robot like suped up moa or bursa or something or even a high level shield drone. The enemies it makes would have to be higher level than the enemies you are killing though. Also it keeps gathering and assembling tougher bots until it dies.

Last for the grineer What if there is say a grineer scientist type of enemy that makes a grineer cloning machine and runs around gathering dead grineer while his guard of 4 keep him safe and after gathering five grineer it assembles a machine using the genetic components of the dead grineer it has gathered to create clones of enemies that are a few levels higher with more health shields and armor and the only way to kill this grineer is when he is assembling the machine to make the clones. Also after the machine makes this first clone it gets destroyed or powers down and the cycle of gather dead grineer continues until the scientist is killed. Also it's vulnerable while making or assembling the machine.

I hope DE sees this because I would rather have these guys instead of common invulnerable eximus enemies. 

Do you guys think this is a good idea or a waste of time of typing pointless ridiculous nonsense that was a waste of time reading that you would like to have back?

Edited by (PS4)BOP915

The main idea is that the Eximus units in question are supposed to be the same as a normal unit but with an aura effect, like energy drain or continuous Electricity procs. Realistically, their existence as simple reskins of standard mooks is probably a bit outdated in modern Warframe, but if it ain't broke don't fix it (until you fix the more important problems at least [focus pls DE]). Overall the main reason they exist is for their aura, rather than their design.

IIRC DE said the invuln-spots were only gonna exist on Infested Eximi, so hopefully they think of something else for the other factions. That being said, there has been a lot of hate for the invuln-spots idea in general, as it will basically stick brick walls all over the flowing fast combat system we currently have. Especially considering that Eximus spawn frequency ramps up to 20% of units over time in endless missions, after a while 1 in 5 enemies is gonna have invulnerability and that ain't fun.

Enemies that interact with corpses sound like a nice idea on paper, but the problem is that:

a) breaking a corpse in two with slash damage etc. causes the corpse to become two separate corpses in the eyes of the game, so using slash damage will cause the corpser units to charge faster.

b) there are various ways to disintegrate bodies (channeling kills, Molecular Prime etc), so if there were powerful units that feed on corpses, a meta would arise that just involves disintegrating everything on sight, which would be a very restricted meta aka not diverse in endgame play. 

If they did something about these issues then it would definitely be cool to see an enemy that uses corpses in some way though.

I think after infested they could move to other factions (which I would hate a lot) but if they did it I would rather it be with a specific type of enemy than just random eximases showing up after a certain point during endless missions. also searching for them before things could get too hard sounds fun to me though and more manageable.