Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stronger Players Farming Low Level Maps

lightofzion

The purpose of this post is to point out an annoying fact about this game that in my opinion needs to be dealt with immediately (or at least as soon as possible). That problem is the following:

Stronger players farming low level maps (e.g. Mercury - Tolstoj - Captain Vor - Morphics) and ruining the fun for weaker players looking for a challenging first run through the levels of the game. Personally this has happened to me on multiple occasions when I first joined this game (though less so when I played with some friends who were the same level as me) and I found it to be extremely game breaking and frustrating. The stronger player, seeking a quick and easy farm of materials they need simply breeze through the level, occasionally throwing a massive AoE attack to clear the entire area of enemies leaving little if any enemies for new players to test their skills on.

Imagine for a moment, the first time you plug in Zelda: Ocarina of time into your N64. You are about to reach the climactic moment of the story and fight the boss when suddenly the game just ends. Roll credits. Ya, it feels like that a bit.

Some people might consider this fun to be  carried by stronger players while they sit back and pick up loot that happens to roll to their feet but I'm not one of these people and I imagine there are at least some people out there that share my passion for a challenging game.

I don't know an easy way to fix this but I have an idea or two.

As a character (i.e. warframe) levels up, the levels could become more difficult (i.e. the world levels up with you rather than enemies being a static level. This sounds a bit like oblivion and skyrim i guess and some people have their varried opinions on that as well.

The other option is to create tiered squad setups so that if a high level warframe is seeking a squad for Tolstoj, it will team them up with other high level people. Low level people will more likely be teamed up with low level people.

I don't know if these suggestions are worth anything but here they are.

ANYWAYS,

Some people won't even know what this topic is talking about, some might because it has happened to them and they feel the same way. I just hope this post doesn't get too much hate. And if it does, well... whatever.

Can't really controll it in a pug. Just play with friends to avoid this.

Sounds similar to the rushing issue in the sense that it restricts/prevents other payers from playing the game their way.

They should set it to private or solo, IMO. That's what I do so I don't ruin anyone else's experience and I don't have to worry about rushers. If a clan mate joins in and doesn't want to farm, tough luck, it's my session. :)

And that´s why i do Tolstoj missions on SOLO mode.I understand you completly.It´s as frustrating as seeing mastery rank 1 players on pluto def missions.

There are Mastery 1 players in pluto that have a good head on their shoulders.

I see one running around with dual Akbolto so chances are he did read the effectiveness of AI against all enemy types at all levels.

But of course spending plat that early on a weapon is something that he probably choosed imo.

Edited by fatpig84

The purpose of this post is to point out an annoying fact about this game that in my opinion needs to be dealt with immediately (or at least as soon as possible). That problem is the following:

Stronger players farming low level maps (e.g. Mercury - Tolstoj - Captain Vor - Morphics) and ruining the fun for weaker players looking for a challenging first run through the levels of the game. Personally this has happened to me on multiple occasions when I first joined this game (though less so when I played with some friends who were the same level as me) and I found it to be extremely game breaking and frustrating. The stronger player, seeking a quick and easy farm of materials they need simply breeze through the level, occasionally throwing a massive AoE attack to clear the entire area of enemies leaving little if any enemies for new players to test their skills on.

Imagine for a moment, the first time you plug in Zelda: Ocarina of time into your N64. You are about to reach the climactic moment of the story and fight the boss when suddenly the game just ends. Roll credits. Ya, it feels like that a bit.

Some people might consider this fun to be  carried by stronger players while they sit back and pick up loot that happens to roll to their feet but I'm not one of these people and I imagine there are at least some people out there that share my passion for a challenging game.

I don't know an easy way to fix this but I have an idea or two.

As a character (i.e. warframe) levels up, the levels could become more difficult (i.e. the world levels up with you rather than enemies being a static level. This sounds a bit like oblivion and skyrim i guess and some people have their varried opinions on that as well.

The other option is to create tiered squad setups so that if a high level warframe is seeking a squad for Tolstoj, it will team them up with other high level people. Low level people will more likely be teamed up with low level people.

I don't know if these suggestions are worth anything but here they are.

ANYWAYS,

Some people won't even know what this topic is talking about, some might because it has happened to them and they feel the same way. I just hope this post doesn't get too much hate. And if it does, well... whatever.

you could just play solo or with friends its really not that hard of a problem to fix on your own if you wanted to the reason why we farm lower levels is because they are fast and easy and we get get the materials we need really quickly of course i do it on private mod because i don't like playing with newer players sometimes like when i am in a hurry no offense as opposed to farming stuff like Pluto were a party is needed and usually not available i can guarantee when you reach our level you will do the exact same thing why go through the trouble of powerful levels when you can get what you need fast and easily

Another solution is to scale things like resource drops based on the area's level.

I farm lower level areas like Mercury myself (though I make it a point to always go solo when doing so), and not just because it's effortless, but because in the case of stuff like ferrite M Prime is one of the quickest ways to get the stuff and more of it. This is backwards, and it doesn't really give you an incentive to go to say, Earth or Neptune to farm it. The same holds true for a lot of the more common resources that are still needed for higher level gear.

The problem is I do not want to farm low level bosses like Golem, but there is NO other place that drop Neural Sensors or even control modules. At least with Neurodes I can farm Hek. Morphics and Rubedo I can get from Europa and Pluto.

I don't want to farm Ferrite in M Prime, but I need to craft stuff.

Oh well.

Edited by fatpig84

this has been brought up few times, and was witness of few high level players run through leaving the newbies behind and even let them die when they were down, it is not just a morphics, but ferrite as well since it is used for lots of crafting, the tiered connection of same level players might prevent this ......but anyway, here is my idea how to "fix" it

have high planet like Pluto or the new coming planet have all resources by choosing which ones i want to spawn there, so i don't have to go to lower planets

for example  as tiered resources on sedna are rubedo,alloy plate,salvage,ampule

or Jupiter - salvage,circuits,neural sensors,mutagen sample

there will be selection of those tiered materials from other planets on Pluto or the new upcoming planet ,so i would just simply select which tiered materials i want to farm and those would be spawning on that mission

you might say ,why would i want to deal with high level enemies if i can go farm easy on low planet, well if you don't like the challenge  than i think good idea would be that those tiered resources would be spawning on that high level planet in way greater amounts than on those lower planets, so if you can get 20 rubedo on sedna from 1 material drop on that high level planet you would get at least 80 from that same drop ....... just an idea but i think that could work

Edited by 1beerhead1

This is not the fault with players in any way IMHO, but with the game :

1. Farming is the ONLY thing to do in this game at "high" level, period.

2. The reward system of this game is twisted, any mob can drop anything. If you need something very badly, which is dropped by X and Y, and X is easier to kill Y, it is a no brainer to see that farming X is more time-efficient.

When you have a game where the last boss of last level may end up dropping common mods/resources and a little insect on the first level can drop rarest of mods, then expect players to use/abuse this fact.

I always run in solo whenever I'm farming low level contents. Always. Because I pretty much respect newbies in lower levels if they want to stroll around the map and explore. When I join a group, then I follow them where they go. Why do I need to join group with lower level newbies when I can pretty much solo everything in lower level content and the fact is solo is way faster. The only few missions I usually group are endless defense and mobile defense. Solo everything else

This is not the fault with players in any way IMHO, but with the game :

1. Farming is the ONLY thing to do in this game at "high" level, period.

2. The reward system of this game is twisted, any mob can drop anything. If you need something very badly, which is dropped by X and Y, and X is easier to kill Y, it is a no brainer to see that farming X is more time-efficient.

When you have a game where the last boss of last level may end up dropping common mods/resources and a little insect on the first level can drop rarest of mods, then expect players to use/abuse this fact.

Sorry OP but this guy hit the frikin bull's eye with an ICBM. The problem is the farming set up. As long as we gotta farm the way we do now "high" level players will always be rolling through the low level areas. For what it's worth I usually put a movie on my second monitor and just roll solo, but obviously not everyone does that. I don't see a whole lot that could be done about it except maybe upping the drop rates (for the good stuff) substantially on the higher planets.