Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Alienates Working Class Players

S5alad

I'm almost Mastery 9.  I have all the frames, and am really only interested in the research weapons, which I have all the recipes for.  I run in a fun clan and find the game play to be genuinely fun.

However I work for a living.  I only have so much time to game, and after spending over an hour trying to get a control module, I realized that this game is not friendly to people with substantial life obligations.  I can't imagine the rate of 1 control module an hour, how long it would take me to craft the injectors, masses, and fieldron I need.  The simple fact that I can spend what precious little time I have and get nothing out of it, is a direct insult to the working class trying to enjoy a fun game. 

My departure comes at a loss to my clan, losing one of their elders who's contributed immensely.  However, some kid with no job and no life obligations will take my place, and excel, because this game only rewards people with nothing to do but pour all their time into Warframe.  I'm sure when you can play from waking till passing out again, you can get all the resources you need and never hit a block where to progress any further in the game you need to farm.

I would like to see Warframe become less grind-centric and offer more challenging ways to complete a task than pure luck and volume of hours spent farming.   It should be as simple as, I run the boss, I get the rare material.  After I've done that 10 times and farmed for my plastids, then every 12 hours get the research component, and then have a sure, although challenging and timed, way to get get the weapons I have left to enjoy in this game.  The RNG is fine on some things, but in other things it shouldn't be the single thing that brings game progress to a stop.  Something as simple as getting a control module shouldn't take over an hour, get rid of the RNG when it comes to rare mats!

Since that's not the case, and I have but a couple hours to play each day, I intend to move to a game where I won't be left wasting the few hours I can enjoy each day with little to no returns.  Perhaps BL2, or finish up the new expansion for SC2, etc.  So much more rewarding than spending hours trying to farm for something, panicking because it's the only time I have to try to get these items, in between the long hours I work.

Stop &!$$ing on the working class DE.  We're the ones who actually have money to give you, and you're alienating us, and I'm done.

Edited by Swaggermeistress

You just said you were in a fun clan.

So you're leaving a game you enjoy because something is too grindy to get.

Might I suggest a less Dramaqueen-ey response to a poor design choice. Such as..continue to play the game, but still make a forum post suggesting a better design?

The fact you have little hours to play is not a decent reason for the post. Just my 2 cents

And your "half" nick gives me chills, (swagger? really? You sure you work an you're not that kid with no job or life obligations that it's going to substitute you?)

Edited by Endrance

I have no problem with grinding aspect of the game, and I play 2 hours a day, and for 3 days I have only droped 1 Rhino  Systems BP.. its hard.. but its ok for me.

I'm more worried about the Open World content, Chit-Chat ... some times ... the chat system is just that awfull ..

I interpreted this as "I don't have time to farm so just give me what I want now".

That's fine.  I don't have time to farm, and since the system is unfriendly to the working class, I will simply take my time and money elsewhere.  I did however, take the time to write this out, in the hopes that DE might make some alterations and in the future make the game more appealing to those with limited time.  If people interpret this as whiny, or if they've had better luck with farming, good for them.

I think the main issue here at hand is that the game is not based around farming mats, nor is it balanced around rare material drops, but around actual gameplay.

Unfortunately, Warframe's gameplay isn't rewarding enough on its own, so players often focus around farming/grinding instead of being awesome power-armored warriors in space.

OP's reasons for quitting are valid, but aren't worded in a way that properly convey his/her message.

Hey man, Im beginning to understand what you feel. I do know that devs promised this game is going to be much more than stupid grindfest in a near future. I also remember they promised that lore is also incoming soonish. But atm after getting all frames and most of alt helms it starts to make me tired. Yesterday my friend said that after weekend's event when he was farming his &#! off he cant even watch this game and he needs a break for a while. Somehow I don't think he's coming back. .. I just hope DE is going to do something about it quick...

But this is the only thing that keeps us on playing, even challange.. unless they make nightmare mode with lvl 400 mobs(impossible for most players), people will get bored because even if a mission is challangeling once you complete it a few times you will get bored. I know you are right but there's nothing else that will keep you playing this game if you get some things easily.

However, some kid with no job and no life obligations will take my place, and excel, because this game only rewards people with nothing to do but pour all their time into Warframe. 

This is how all games are, a kid with no life obligation would get bored of this game in 2-3 weeks if everything would be easy whille you would still play for months because you only have a few time to spare on warframe. Grinding is annoying but it is needed

During the time it took you to compose this tear-soaked Thread you could've farmed 1 control module, OP. I am confident that DE will change the RNG in the future but why should you care? You are leaving now because you are impatient so what is the point of this thread again? In the end YOU gain nothing because you are not here anymore.

Bye.

If rare mats were a guaranteed drop then they wouldn't be rare.

And the only thing I've ever had to farm in this game were Frame parts. I just kill as many baddies and boxes as I can in every mission and get plenty of mats, even rare mats. I've never not had the mats to make something once I got the prints to do so.

That's fine.  I don't have time to farm, and since the system is unfriendly to the working class, I will simply take my time and money elsewhere.  I did however, take the time to write this out, in the hopes that DE might make some alterations and in the future make the game more appealing to those with limited time.  If people interpret this as whiny, or if they've had better luck with farming, good for them.

Perhaps a post detailing why someone in the working class would love to get their hands a resource booster titled "I'm working, and this would be greatly appreciated", instead of "I'm quitting, and this is why"

I also remember they promised that lore is also incoming soonish. But atm after getting all frames and most of alt helms it starts to make me tired.

Hey they've made a trailer about Mercury's campaign, showed some elements of it in the last Livestream. They've shown proof that they are working on it, instead of just saying "we know you want it, maybe someday".

remember they will probably put in "Resource-Alerts" in 2.0 / 2.1 alert - systems? Also, just make a break.. getting to mastery 9 with "just some hours" is a long way.. maybe you don't work that much ;-)

edit: typos

Edited by Chronodroid

well... the game will still be here when you come back. by the way, send a message to a DE member directly if you want them to see it. Rebecca checks her inbox every 3 days or so. complaining on the forums usually gets you sarcastic and rude responses. plus these are the threads where the trolls lie in waiting to regurgitate things they've seen others say and to follow the masses thinking they're unique and the bearer of the idea.

And the only thing I've ever had to farm in this game were Frame parts. I just kill as many baddies and boxes as I can in every mission and get plenty of mats, even rare mats. I've never not had the mats to make something once I got the prints to do so.

the rarity here is also defined by amount in drop. nano spores are so common i had 100k of them. the hell am i supposed to do with that many??? the rare resources are rare because they come in the smallest quantities. increasing the drop rate on bosses only doesnt make them less rare.

DE is adding in resource-specific rewards for things in the future. They're adding them to alerts 2.1, as they noted in the Hot Topics thread. They're also going to be adding quests/missions where you know ahead of time what you're guaranteed to get.

So, you're kind of gnashing your teeth and flipped your hair at DE (you were calm, but you didn't express any reasoning beyond frustrated reaction). Just think for a second. The game isn't done. While I don't believe it, DE says the game is still in beta (it's actually a released game that is unpolished). The good thing is that as far as development goes, DE is the best dev I've seen in terms of speed of updates, community interaction and response (maybe too much), and really trying to improve on a game without their pride getting in the way. Btw, I'm also a working adult, with little time to farm/grind, and I've been looking for a Control Module for the past 5 days. I'm also a game developer, who has talked to some of the DE staff, and I really feel they're trying to make the game fun for many folks, not just kids with free time. They're working adults too, and judging by the folks I work with, crazy passionate about video games and making them really great, for as many people as possible, including entertaining ourselves.

I'd say, just take a break. By the time you return, the game will have vastly changed (I can't say it will improve, but I'm guessing it will very much so). You don't have to quit in a huff. You know when you haven't seen a kid (maybe a cousin or a niece) since a year ago, and you see how much they've grown? Just come back later and see how far Warframe has come. It's good for you to make that post though. It reaffirms DE is making the right changes, because they've spoken about it quite a few times. See you back here in a few.

Lame. In many games Rare <> drops rarely. Rare = hard to get. There is more than one way to implement that. Implementing it thru RNG is stupid, as someone will get 5 out of 5 runs and it won't be "rare" to him and someone will get 0 in 100 runs being "impossible". Another way to make Rare stuff hard to get is to make it not lengthy, but difficult - put it on Bosses. You already get common resources in quanities of hundreds, with how often they drop they are almost guaranteed to drop. Rare resources already drop only in 1 quantity, and while I understand low chance to get them from crates/regular mobs, Bosses are different. They meant to be hard enemies, dropping Rare loot. But they don't. In both ways. That's the problem.

I'm on holiday, with nothing to do but warframe everyday and I'm only gold initiate. o_o

Solo runs = Control modules more, not because it drops more but I can move through the crowds without my team slowing me down.

Then dismantle hyena at my own leisure.