Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Alienates Working Class Players

S5alad

There is absolutly nothing wrong with the drop rates in this game. The problem is in *how* people try to farm. People think farming in this game is rushing to a boss, nuking it, rushing to the exit and then being &!$$ed that they didn't get the mat they wanted from *one kill*. The fact of the matter is, I get way more rare mats from trash. The last time I killed Vor he droped Ferrite, and I got Morphics from two seperate Lancers on the way out.

I only play two or three hours a day, and the only thing I 'farm' are Frame Prints, but there's never been a time I got the prints for something and didn't have enough mats to build it. Hell, I have 16 Gallium right now, after building a few potatoes,  and I've only killed Nef and Regor three or four times each.

A typical day of WarFrame for me looks like this:

Run the highest level boss the gear I'm currently leveling can handle

(Before I had all the missions opened I would run one a day to progress my map)

Switch to one of my 30s and run whichever boss is dropping prints for the frame I want to build next

Maybe run an alert or two if they're rewarding something I want

If you're having fun playing the game then the mats will pile up without your even noticing. If you're not having fun and you're resorting to 'farming' becasue you think the next gun will somehow magicly make the game fun again, it won't.

Worst part of the game right now, other than the notorious net code, is the wave 5 defense leavers.

There is absolutly nothing wrong with the drop rates in this game. The problem is in *how* people try to farm. People think farming in this game is rushing to a boss, nuking it, rushing to the exit and then being &!$$ed that they didn't get the mat they wanted from *one kill*. The fact of the matter is, I get way more rare mats from trash. The last time I killed Vor he droped Ferrite, and I got Morphics from two seperate Lancers on the way out.

I only play two or three hours a day, and the only thing I 'farm' are Frame Prints, but there's never been a time I got the prints for something and didn't have enough mats to build it. Hell, I have 16 Gallium right now, after building a few potatoes,  and I've only killed Nef and Regor three or four times each.

Switch to one of my 30s and run whichever boss is dropping prints for the frame I want to build next

If you're having fun playing the game then the mats will pile up without your even noticing. If you're not having fun and you're resorting to 'farming' becasue you think the next gun will somehow magicly make the game fun again, it won't.

ROFL

I was checking out the new U9 features and the amounts on this screen caught my eye. I build all my Frames and Weapons, and I've never farmed for any mats, and look at ther great piles of mats I've got lying about.

Edit: I just got done building a Trinity+alt helm, a Latron, and a blue potato, and these are what's left after that

2013-07-13_00002_zps89b27469.jpg

Edited by Neuhnee

In most mmo's "rare" mats have a low drop rate, including from bosses.

If rare mats would only be hard to get because the boss is hard, that would mean missions/quests to take out the boss should fail more often than succeed.

But as it is in most mmo's an on-level team is pretty much guaranteed to succeed in taking out a boss even if that boss is hard.

Doesn't matter much because you usually need very few of those 'rare' mats/drops. How many Ember system blueprints do you need?

In most MMO I know its opposite. Rare resource is a guaranteed  drop from boss.

Um, so the only thing boss is good for - blueprints? Sad story then. By design, afaik bosses have higher drop rate of rare resources, so by design they are supposed to be targets to farm rare resources. But they aren't and that's what is broken.

Edited by Aedwynn

ROFL

I was checking out the new U9 features and the amounts on this screen caught my eye. I build all my Frames and Weapons, and I've never farmed for any mats, and look at ther great piles of mats I've got lying about.

Edit: I just got done building a Trinity+alt helm, a Latron, and a blue potato, and these are what's left after that

2013-07-13_00002_zps89b27469.jpg

Look like we don't have to buy them. I just played Europa map (regular one, capture followed by sabotage) and got 6 CM from the map without trying.