Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MASSIVE Lag Spikes

elitetrollz

Question

I'm currently playing on a decent PC, medium graphic settings. When ever I started a mission, it gives me massive lag. 70 fps drops to 3-5 fps. After that, getting into a door and stepping in, BOOOM SON fps drops again. Shooting sonicor, tonkor, sometimes telos boltace, BOOOOOM. When the map is fully loaded, I opened a single app which is task manager (imagine how light it is). BOOOOOM fps drop again.

I've already, cleaned up temp files, verify and optimize download cache, defrag my hard drives, uninstalled some useless application, freed up some space, update the latest nvidia graphics driverstry to play in low settings but still there is lag spikes... Anyone knoo how to fix this? This is so frustrating and I can't play WF properly.

Tested some games aside from Warframe, no troubles at all.

5 answers to this question

Sounds kind of like a memory leak that's special to you.

While I doubt what hardware you're using makes a difference at this point, but it's always nice to know what your specs are. I've noticed a lot of users have problems with their Nvidia hardware.

Perhaps you could try going through the launcher options and deselecting Dx10 and Dx 11 so that you're using Dx 9. Perhaps you need to update DirectX

Try turning off the Nvidia PhysX Effects if they are on, in the warframe options inside of the game. Anti-Aliasing off, then test it again.

Could be something wrong with the newest graphics drivers you have so maybe considering finding an older version.

Let us know, or file a report. Will take support a while I suppose with the amount of reports they get, but this you can also post in bug report forum section.

Just now, Alcatraz said:

Sounds kind of like a memory leak that's special to you.

While I doubt what hardware you're using makes a difference at this point, but it's always nice to know what your specs are. I've noticed a lot of users have problems with their Nvidia hardware.

Perhaps you could try going through the launcher options and deselecting Dx10 and Dx 11 so that you're using Dx 9. Perhaps you need to update DirectX

Try turning off the Nvidia PhysX Effects if they are on, in the warframe options inside of the game. Anti-Aliasing off, then test it again.

Could be something wrong with the newest graphics drivers you have so maybe considering finding an older version.

Let us know, or file a report. Will take support a while I suppose with the amount of reports they get, but this you can also post in bug report forum section.

Thank you for replying.

My DirectX version is 12. I've only checked Dx11 on the launcher options and unticked Dx10.

Nvidia PhysX are never on for me. Anti-aliasing off, I'll try that one later or tomorrow. 

I updated the recent driver when the lag spikes started to occur multiple times while in game. Before the Hotfix 19.11.1, my Warframe ran smoothly with the graphics driver before this recent recent driver I have just downloaded but sometimes, still have that lag spike only at the first part of the mission where we just landed from our landing craft and when someone's going to the dojo.

Again, Thank you.

@elitetrollz Want to hear a secret? ... Despite the hype surrounding Windows 10, DX12 actually performs worse than DX11. That, and Warframe isn't fully optimized to run on DX11.

Check DX10 through the launcher, then check out your video options ingame. Turn off anti-aliasing, Nvidia PhysX, and color correction. If you don't mind the blur and glare options, you should be able to run everything else on high quality.

17 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Wait, you have the Dx11 Option checked but Dx10 unchecked? Should either have both checked or unchecked so that you're aware.

i meant Dx10 checked, Dx11 off xD

EDIT: ill have them both uncheck

14 hours ago, SkeinsOfFitzsimmons said:

@elitetrollz Want to hear a secret? ... Despite the hype surrounding Windows 10, DX12 actually performs worse than DX11. That, and Warframe isn't fully optimized to run on DX11.

Check DX10 through the launcher, then check out your video options ingame. Turn off anti-aliasing, Nvidia PhysX, and color correction. If you don't mind the blur and glare options, you should be able to run everything else on high quality.

:O lemme try dat

Edited by elitetrollz