Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions about greater lens and normal lens

(PSN)NoTrollGaming

Question

If I purchase a greater lens with platinum from the store, do I get the lens straight away or do I get the blueprint for it?

if I put the lens on a weapon instead of a warframe,will it reduce the focus earned?

if I have a warframe with a normal lense and a weapon with a higher lens, will I get both focus points?

edit: can someone move this into right subforum? I don't know how

Edited by (PS4)IronMinecartFTW
Wrong subforum

2 answers to this question

You can either buy a greater lens with plat, or a blueprint to make one from lesser lenses.

Focus earned is related to affinity, so weapon vs. warframe depends on a lot of factors. Others can probably explain the nuances better, but keep in mind a weapon with a lens can be used by all your frames.

If you have a warframe and a weapon (or weapons) with lenses, you will get focus from all the lenses. The lenses can even be from different schools if you want to work on several at once. 

Edited by Costanzafaust

3 minutes ago, (PS4)IronMinecartFTW said:

If I purchase a greater lens with platinum from the store, do I get the lens straight away or do I get the blueprint for it?

if I put the lens on a weapon instead of a warframe,will it reduce the focus earned?

if I have a warframe with a normal lense and a weapon with a higher lens, will I get both focus points?

edit: can someone move this into right subforum? I don't know how

The lens you buy with pl gives you the lens, the blueprints are bought with credits

The way focus works:

For the lens on a frame you get:
1) 1.25%/1.75% of the affinity from enemies killed with frame powers .
2) 0.625%/0.875% of  affinity from enemies killed with weapons equipped.
3) 0.3125%/0.4375% of affinity from enemies killed by allies.

On weapons you get: 
1) 0.625%/0.875% of  affinity from enemies killed with weapons equipped.

And yes, if you have a normal lens frame and a high lens weapon you will get the sum of both percentages,