Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris great riven price check

yarash2110

While it is 3 positive stats stacked together on the same mod slot, sadly, given Tigris' disposition of 0.50, the values are far too low for it to be a suitable replacement over any of the other regular shotgun damage mods (outside of mandatory Primed Point Blank and Hell's Chamber).

Damage per shot wise, the mod only works better when used against Grineer, and barely (by a 3-4% margin when compared to Vicious Spread as 8th in slot, and underperforms against Blaze).

The lack of damage is redeemed by the reload speed boost, but when you've got mods like Chilling Reload offering 60% cold damage in addition to a 40% reload speed boost, this mod still loses out when not used against Grineer.

The curse of riven RNG strikes again - while those 3 stats may have been good, they also happened to roll for particularly low values - I've seen faction damage on similar rivens (Tigris, also 3 positive 0 negative) go up to ~23%, and multishot up to ~46%. Compounded with the low disposition, this renders the mod ineffective when trying to replace any other standard mod as the 8th in slot.

Spoiler

I'd reroll if I were you; though bear in mind it'll take either a great deal of luck or effort to get something that's viable. The Tigris is particularly unique because it can have plenty of negative side effects that have no or negligible effects on its usage (i.e. -fire rate, reduced magazine capacity not more than -24.9%, -flight speed, -impact, -puncture). [I don't think -zoom exists on Shotgun rivens, but I'm not entirely sure.] Even -critical chance wouldn't have much bearing on it considering that the base critical chance is only 10% and the disposition is low enough that you won't be losing out on much. Negative critical damage, on the other hand, can have a much greater impact if you bother to work out the math.

You can use warframe.builder for mostly reliable damage comparisons. Though for the Tigris I'd only pay attention to the damage per shot and reload time, while disregarding burst dps and sustained dps since its unique firing mechanic doesn't work well with the default calculations used by builder.

Case in point - observe the build in this link here:

https://goo.gl/qmnVB0

Whoever touted this as giving highest burst dps seriously ought to be shot. Shotgun Spazz on the Tigris Prime has absolutely no effect unless you're running with more than 2 shots in the magazine.

Edited by InsomnIaC.
4 minutes ago, InsomnIaC. said:

While it is 3 positive stats stacked together on the same mod slot, sadly, given Tigris' disposition of 0.50, the values are far too low for it to be a suitable replacement over any of the other regular shotgun damage mods (outside of mandatory Primed Point Blank and Hell's Chamber).

Damage per shot wise, the mod only works better when used against Grineer, and barely (by a 3-4% margin when compared to Vicious Spread as 8th in slot, and underperforms against Blaze).

The lack of damage is redeemed by the reload speed boost, but when you've got mods like Chilling Reload offering 60% cold damage in addition to a 40% reload speed boost, this mod still loses out when not used against Grineer.

The curse of riven RNG strikes again - while those 3 stats may have been good, they also happened to roll for particularly low values - I've seen faction damage on similar 3 positive 0 negative riven go up to ~23%, and multishot up to ~46%. Compounded with the low disposition, this renders the mod ineffective when trying to replace any other standard mod as the 8th in slot.

I'd reroll if I were you; though bear in mind it'll take either a great deal of luck or effort to get something that's viable. You can use warframe.builder for mostly reliable damage comparisons. Though for the Tigris I'd only pay attention to the damage per shot and reload time, while disregarding burst dps and sustained dps since its unique firing mechanic doesn't work well with the default calculations used by builder.

Case in point - observe the build in this link here:

https://goo.gl/qmnVB0

Whoever touted this as giving highest burst dps seriously ought to be shot. Shotgun Spazz on the Tigris Prime has absolutely no effect unless you're running with more than 2 shots in the magazine.

thank you for the help, i'l try to reroll it!