Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Tactical Mods

xoyv

now, i've heard that someone has already had some similar ideas to mine, but i'd like to state my ideas

tactical mods

these are fixed level, fixed cost mods, that will add a feature to your weapon

things like silencers, "thermal" scopes recoil dampeners

and so on

how does this sound?

They might as well be normal mods. No reason for the fixed cost stuff.

Also Thermal Scopes and Silencers would be useless.

well, first off: how can you upgrade a silence?

second, why would that be? i mean, sure you have a radar, but that dosn't mean much when you're sniping somefrom from across a gorge.

also a silencer would alow you to use your better rifles for stealth missions

Well, you can't just have plain mod names.... plus you got to give a good description for it too.

Here's some examples using the 3 things you've thought of, but with a little bit of change.

Mute: Reduces gunshot sounds by 10% (Goes for 3 ranks)

Heat Sensor: While Zoomed, detects certain amount of enemies through solid surfaces. (Starts with 4 and goes up 4 each rank for 3 ranks [Total 16])

Steady: Reduces Recoil by 5% (5 ranks)

and a few I can think of :P

Undermine: Enemies have less chance noticing you at a closer distance by 10% [3 ranks]

Scanner: Detects usable lockers with range. (Same range as the Thief's Wit... or they can add this to Thief's Wit)

Magnetize: Bullets will have a chance of seeking the closest target to them by 15% [3 ranks]

Barrier: When your shield breaks, it emits a electric pulse that damages nearby enemies. Range is +5 [5 ranks] damage is undetermined. :L

Can't think of anything else to example off of but that's what I can think of lol

well, first off: how can you upgrade a silence?

second, why would that be? i mean, sure you have a radar, but that dosn't mean much when you're sniping somefrom from across a gorge.

also a silencer would alow you to use your better rifles for stealth missions

A higher quality silencer. How else?

Because you don't need that level of awareness when aiming down your sights. If you want to find out if someone is behind an object you run over there.

Thermal sights are for slower-paced shooters where you're at risk of dying in a couple of shots.

Stealth is absolutely pointless currently. There is NO benefit to it.

they are working on stealth game play to make it more viable, so the ability to silence the weapons you have will more than likely be a valuable ability in the near future. i could see if they made the puncture mod more effective, so that it could go through environmental objects and walls, that a thermal scope could be useful as well. those two used together would make an incredibly powerful weapon for stealth players.

TACTICOOL

tacticoolAR15.jpg

Sorry, just had to get that out of the way.

The main problem I see with visible mods/accesories/cosmetics on the guns is how different they all look. Most (all?) games that have gun accesories have a real world aesthetic so they don't look out of place. Try to imagine a silencer on the Boltor for a second.

Should they make four different models for each mod to match the Grineer/Corpus/Tenno/Orokin aesthetics? And that assumes we don't get Space Pirate and The Sapience weapons.

Heat Sensor: While Zoomed, detects certain amount of enemies through solid surfaces. (Starts with 4 and goes up 4 each rank for 3 ranks [Total 16])

Undermine: Enemies have less chance noticing you at a closer distance by 10% [3 ranks]

Magnetize: Bullets will have a chance of seeking the closest target to them by 15% [3 ranks]

These all sound good to me. Scanner is already Loot Radar and Barrier is a rare Corpus drop. I think it's called revenge.

TACTICOOL

tacticoolAR15.jpg

Sorry, just had to get that out of the way.

The main problem I see with visible mods/accesories/cosmetics on the guns is how different they all look. Most (all?) games that have gun accesories have a real world aesthetic so they don't look out of place. Try to imagine a silencer on the Boltor for a second.

Should they make four different models for each mod to match the Grineer/Corpus/Tenno/Orokin aesthetics? And that assumes we don't get Space Pirate and The Sapience weapons.

These all sound good to me. Scanner is already Loot Radar and Barrier is a rare Corpus drop. I think it's called revenge.

They don't include Lockers in the Thief's wit... and Revenge [believe you mixed it up with another mod, but I know which one you're referring to (Forgot name as well)] only affects enemies that melee you, not when the shield is broken.

Well, you can't just have plain mod names.... plus you got to give a good description for it too.

Here's some examples using the 3 things you've thought of, but with a little bit of change.

and a few I can think of :P

I i wana see all of these added !!!!!

Scanner: Detects usable lockers with range. (Same range as the Thief's Wit... or they can add this to Thief's Wit)

Barrier: When your shield breaks, it emits a electric pulse that damages nearby enemies. Range is +5 [5 ranks] damage is undetermined. :L

Can't think of anything else to example off of but that's what I can think of lol