Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capital Ship combat prototype idea

HANGMAN_37

So i was watching DE_Steve's stream last Sunday afternoon on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/de_steve where i observed with great interest the space combat prototype  he has been working on (video from February 19th at approximately 2:19:30).  I really like the idea, and would love to see it implemented. 

I particularly like the idea of piloting our landing craft, as the variety of landing craft available right now are effectively cosmetic loading screens due to the underwhelming nature of the air support system, so giving them direct use with different stats and possibly equipment would be a welcome improvement. I suggest using the player's capital ship to engage other enemy cruisers and to provide support, the landing craft to intercept smaller enemy craft (bombers, boarding vessels etc.) and to deploy the Player in an Archwing to attempt boarding action (as discussed to disable enemy subsystems, steal resources or intel, or potentially rescue or capture VIPs).

Rather than being free-flight, the Archwing would fly down a set corridor towards a selected point of entry, with player input being used to accelerate, decelerate, dodge projectiles and obstacles (potentially scanning lasers or sensor beams during stealth), and potentially engaging enemies or shooting down incoming projectiles. This was inspired by this section of the Archwing trailer:

I have no idea if this is technically feasible, but I thought i would share my two cents on the subject.

Edited by HANGMAN_37