Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Door Lasers Hitting Even When Sliding Through

DemenSeed

I've been having this problem lately where door lasers just hit me over and over when I try sliding through them. You slide through properly and it just traps you in the laser area and zaps you twice. Usually this happens a few times in a mission, but after that the rest of them are fine. Anyone been experiencing this? Solo btw. And yes I'm sliding through properly of course. My slash dash is not affected by this.

Haha, what I mean to say is even with legit forms of passing through it traps you, and in normal circumstances it only buzzes you once but you are trapped in it twice or in rare cases 3 times without being able to do anything.

Well I had no idea it was one, I thought it was just the normal procedure to go past it when I first played. If that's the case then now I'll ask why are we able to slide through?

The beginning of the slide increases your speed to a very high amount, thus people repeatedly slide when running from A -> B.

The lasers doesn't seem to detect such fast things, that's why you can't simply walk through 'em with a slow frame.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a thread complaining that an exploit isn't working in the 'bugs' forum

Haha very true, but it's become such a common exploit that it's now an essential part of the game. I'm getting affected by this "bug" too and I assume it's because I don't have the fastest internet speeds (0.5 mB/s). It happens 100% of the time I try to slide through doors since update 9.2 (maybe earlier)

I wouldn't mind shooting down the lasers, but when you're rushing a mission with 3 other frames who are all just sliding through, you end up way behind. You might miss out on a bp drop from a boss because their mark expired. Or you don't get the mission reward because you can't get back to base as fast as everyone else. Or you get stun-locked in a laser door and die. I haven't done a void mission yet, but I could see something similar happening.

It's a bug because it's only affecting a small number of people and isn't reproducible in other accounts (or maybe computers. I need to test this). The code is obviously not working as intended if it's only happening to me and not everyone else :(

I'm fairly certain a high percentage of the more newer players (and maybe even some of the not so new ones) do not know that it's an actual exploit/bug and think it's part of the game mechanics, since that is also what they are exposed to when they join online matches and see people rushing and there isn't exactly someone there to tell them so, so they think it's just a normal part of the game.

Sliding through was not the intended way of getting through a door with lasers.. A lot of new people do not know you need to shoot the cameras to get the lasers down. Newbies just keep bouncing into the lasers until they get through. So no there is no proper way to slide through door lasers. Destroy cameras, gain a little xp, and best of all, get through the door the proper way.

Since when is sliding an exploit?  You can jump kick through them, too.

Sometimes you screw it up and get chain-laser'd for around 800 damage before it pushes you out. Seems fair to me.

It's a laser door that is meant to knock down any intruders trying to pass trhough.  Of course sliding through is an unintended feature that can be qualified as an exploit.  There is a reason that there is no movement in the lasers, or sliding ninja sized gaps, as well as cameras that are pretty much always in range and line of sight.

The cameras are the intended method of getting through.  Sliding is something that they haven't finished removing and have settled to be a low priority issue.