Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Thoughtful Suggestions

DJ_Tyranny

I've had a few ideas percolating for awhile, so I thought I'd slap them up here for consideration/feedback.

- Possible addition of a metallic color scheme -

Seems easy enough as Prime WFs/weapons and potatoes already have a metallic look.

- Possible trading up of Mods -

I know trading is already being worked on/considered, but I figured I'd throw this idea out there. From my understanding, everyone has a particular seed assigned when they log into the game. To my knowledge, there is no way to make this better or worse and it is that seed, which determines the loot tables for an individual player. Now I will gladly grind for materials, WF parts, etc., but Mods are a different story. I have been after Focus for weeks. I've run Grineer missions and Infested defense until I wanted to scream, all for the sake of ONE Mod. Certainly I got other Mods for the effort, some of which I could use and others I used for fusion-fuel, but I began to notice a sort of rut; I would get the same Mods over and over and over again, even on different days. Decoy for example. I don't have nor want Loki (sorry Loki fans), but I had enough Decoys to fusion my Redirection four times. Point Strike, Blunderbuss, Hellfire and so many for Sentinel it took up nearly two pages on the Mods full screen view. So that said... what if there was a system where you could trade up? Say... 'sell' or fusion together X number of any Common Mods for an Uncommon of choice and X number of Uncommon for a Rare of choice? Then it would at least be a personal choice when to fusion or when to grind.

- All or Nothing (or better?) on Defense -

Enemies get harder in Defense missions, so I figure, why shouldn't the Mods? You can run one five-wave and get a Banshee part, but run 70 (like some other member on here), and end up with an Uncommon Fusion Core. It seems a bit... off. If changing the percent chance system is too involved, what about getting to keep each Mod you get after running five waves and completing the next? E.g. run five waves and exit - keep that Mod. Run ten waves and exit, get that Mod AND the one from wave five, and so on. But if you lose the mission, you forfeit all won Mods.

- Consider changing Vauban's Vortex so it doesn't drag other players towards it -

I've nearly died on several occasions because a random Vauban places his/her Vortex in an awkward position and sucks me right into a pile of 'lickers' a/k/a Disruptors. Only using my own AOE saves my skin (and wastes unneeded energy) because aiming is a nightmare. We don’t get "Crushed," "Electrocuted," "Acidified" or burned to death by other WFs powers, so I'm not sure I see why this should be any different?

- Better loot and 'no-trigger' for enemies in the Void -

I LOVE the Void missions; I think the artwork is beautiful. I enjoy walking around and searching for hidden rooms and working out the puzzles. I think it's a fantastic element to the game and on that note I don’t think enemies should be able to trigger the traps/loot rooms so they're inoperative when you get there. You already have to farm for Void keys, deal with pretty high-ranking enemies, avoid lasers and turrets and find the rooms. It's frustrating to go through this only to have them pre-triggered. I also think the loot should be better: rare Mods and maybe a bit more of them as opposed to just orbs and credits. I think this would entice people to spend more time IN the Void exploring instead of rushing through just to see what goodie they get at the end, rinse, repeat.

Just some food for thought. Opine at will. Thank you DEs, for making an incredible game!

Not going to happen, the metalic colors of a weapon is what gives its uniqueness. If metalic color themes were to be made, they would only enable colors themes for items the player has unlocked.

Golden for Weapons (Player posesses one or more Primed Weapons)

Golden for Warframes (Player posesses one or more Primed Warframes)

Metalic Cyan (Player Posesses one or more Vandal Weapons)

- Possible trading up of Mods -

DE is currently working on a Trade system but there is allot of work to be done to avoid exploits and make it not abusive.

Mods awarded from Defense missions already get better every 5 Waves. There is a Tier list somewhere here on the forum you can look up.

- Consider changing Vauban's Vortex so it doesn't drag other players towards it -

STOP WHINNING!

The Vauban`s Vortex pulling also has other supportive functions for the group players.

Define "Better Loot"?

In my opinion the only loots that the Void lacks to drop are Rare Materials. It already drops allot of credits, Affinity and Mods.

And Mobs dont trigger traps, they just die on them...

Edited by BiancaPony

Not going to happen, the metalic colors of a weapon is what gives its uniqueness. If metalic color themes were to be made, they would only enable colors themes for items the player has unlocked.

Golden for Weapons (Player posesses one or more Primed Weapons)

Golden for Warframes (Player posesses one or more Primed Warframes)

Metalic Cyan (Player Posesses one or more Vandal Weapons)

I agree to an extent, mostly with those color unlocks, thats a great idea... but i also think a bit more shine to current colors would be nice, since nothing tops the metallic flare of the smoke color scheme's black right now

Mods awarded from Defense missions already get better every 5 Waves. There is a Tier list somewhere here on the forum you can look up.

the tier list stops getting better past wave 15, and if you are already on a high level planet (looking at you, pluto) you start pulling from the top tier at 1st stage. More works definitely needs to be done on defense rewards... (Hellfire and Molten impact should be banned from anything past wave 25)

STOP WHINNING!

The Vauban`s Vortex pulling also has other supportive functions for the group players.

Vauban's Vortex supportive qualities are great! ...but my one complaint is it should not prevent you from reviving someone, as it often does right now.

Define "Better Loot"?

In my opinion the only loots that the Void lacks to drop are Rare Materials. It already drops allot of credits, Affinity and Mods.

And Mobs dont trigger traps, they just die on them...

I think the OP might be referring to the large 3-floor 4-platform room with the tree in the center? mobs do seem to trigger those plates, though i haven't seen them trigger any other treasure rooms. I think whats confusing is often times when you reach a spot like the frozen run room, if the walls arent up, the RNG just didnt put the treasure room there, mobs didnt trigger it before you got there. 

Edited by Scheifen

Thank you, Scheifen, for your constructive feedback. That's all I was hoping for; I was only trying to be helpful. I can't afford the Founders package with the Design Counsel abilities, yet, but I'm saving. Rather than throwing up a bunch of complaints, I tried to offer suggestions as well.

Re: the colors - yes I know those might make the Primes seem less special, but I was thinking it would look cool and give one more option to help raise $$ for the development of the game.

Re: the mods in defense - you're spot on. Have a click through some of the predictors and you'll see what I mean regarding small percentages for rarer mods, esp. after 20th wave.

Re: the Void loot triggers/traps - I thought I specifically remembered Rebecca saying, during the last live feed, that enemies can trigger them. I couldn't re-watch because I'm at work, but I've noticed this especially in the pressure plate room where it lowers the golden gate; two ice slides on the side and lasers; to the next round pressure plate, through more lasers and through a closing door at the end. Often the gate is already lowered and the pressure plates inactive, but the door is still there on the other end.

Re: Vaubaun - I wasn't suggesting he has no supportive use, only questioning why his AOE greatly effects teammates, and sometimes quite negatively, when other AOEs do not. I found a way to work through it and hardly consider asking a question a whine, but there we go.

I guess next time I'll reserve my posts for one line complaints about my gun noises going "thunk" rather than "pew pew." My bad...

STOP WHINNING!

Agreed! I've used Vortex to help a group of people to get to places otherwise hard to get to because they didn't have a good warframe that could jump across a large space, or wall run to it because of them being slow. Don't like getting dragged into vortex? Don't go near it, problem solved.

Agreed! I've used Vortex to help a group of people to get to places otherwise hard to get to because they didn't have a good warframe that could jump across a large space, or wall run to it because of them being slow. Don't like getting dragged into vortex? Don't go near it, problem solved.

I don't go near it. SOME Vaubans cast it where players are standing and drag them headlong into enemies. Perhaps not everyone is as conscientious as YOU or may not realize it can also have a negative impact. Simply pointing this out is no reason to be nasty.

I don't go near it. SOME Vaubans cast it where players are standing and drag them headlong into enemies. Perhaps not everyone is as conscientious as YOU or may not realize it can also have a negative impact. Simply pointing this out is no reason to be nasty.

This is true, but still, lets leave it.

...run five waves and exit - keep that Mod. Run ten waves and exit, get that Mod AND the one from wave five, and so on. But if you lose the mission, you forfeit all won Mods...

This has been suggested before so I will try to add it to the Frequently Given Feedback, if it is not already there. However, as I see it there are two solutions to this;

1 - give the option of selecting one of the X awards. You still only get one reward, but you get to choose the reward from wave 5, 10, or 15 if you make it to 15 instead of only getting the choice of what appears that wave.

2 - I just thought of this, and was wondering if other people thought this would work,

-All or Nothing Endless Defense -

When starting you begin like the Endless Defense from the rare mods event, instead of having an exit every 5 waves you can choose wave 25, 50, 75, etc. to exit at when you start. IF you survive then you get a number of rewards like 3 for 25 or 7 for 50 waves that roll off the same tables as normal. Thoughts?

From my understanding, everyone has a particular seed assigned when they log into the game. To my knowledge, there is no way to make this better or worse and it is that seed, which determines the loot tables for an individual player. 

Is THIS why I've run Exta 300+ times and haven't seen Lech Kril drop Frost Systems?

Holy crap, bad system is bad.  Bad system is BAD.

From my understanding, everyone has a particular seed assigned when they log into the game. To my knowledge, there is no way to make this better or worse and it is that seed, which determines the loot tables for an individual player.

I missed this the first time, however very interesting IFF true. So I should log out and log back in if I am not getting what I want over a long enough period?

Lets use Xini for this example because it's a tier three from the word go and as such works better for our example also everyone pretty much farms it like a fallow field.

Tier 3 Infested Chance Interval Hellfire 15.18% 0.1518 Heated Charge 15.18% 0.3035 Molten Impact 3.16% 0.3351 Barrel Diffusion 3.16% 0.3667 Streamline 3.16% 0.3983 Focus 3.16% 0.4299 Banshee Helmet Blueprint 3.16% 0.4615 Orokin Tier 3 Extermination Key 3.16% 0.4930 Thunderbolt 2.01% 0.5131 Uncommon Fusion Core 15.18% 0.6649 Rare Fusion Core 3.16% 0.6965 Orokin Tier 2 Extermination Key 15.18% 0.8482 Orokin Tier 2 Raid Key 15.18% 1.0000

At the start of a defense mission, you are generated a seed number. For this example we will assume the seed number is 0.6649. This means at the end of wave five, you will be rewarded an uncommon fusion core. The probability of this occuring is as the table says 15% or just over a one in nine chance.

Now lets assume that our next random number generated is Hellfire which is 0.1518 this means on wave 15 we will recieve (0.9685) Orokin Tier 2 Extermination key. If we continued to wave twenty it would be 0.9685 + 0.1518 = 1.1203 an Orokin 2 Raid Key. If we were to run it for another five waves we would get 1.1203 + 0.1518 = 1.2718 (Hellfire). Lets say we leave on wave twenty (Mobs are now about level 50-60) we got a hellfire mod. This doesn't really make much sense. We should be rewarded for proving how big our venom pustules are by recieving those two keys and the mod.

I missed this the first time, however very interesting IFF true. So I should log out and log back in if I am not getting what I want over a long enough period?

LOL DOUBLE POST!

Random seeds/ seed state are a part of pseudorandom number generation. It's used to initialise your algorithm (formula). This is generated at the start of your defense mission. Seed numbers are generally generated by internal systems such as CPU heat, nucelus decay or internal clock time. What the seed number basically does is it creates the starting point for your RNG and then the algorithm does the maths to plot the rest. For example, if your seed number is 0.9323 and your algorithm creates its number by adding a value between 0 and 1 to this, all of your 'random' numbers will be higher than the seed number.

I've noticed the same problem; it's beyond silly that Vortex affects friendlies - particularly since It can lock some of them out from using their abilities due to the whole "cannot use in air" nonsense (which kinda wrecks the notion of frame power synergy in such cases). More often than not, Vortex removes options for other players in a given situation rather than create them.

The excuse that it can be used as a movement tool doesn't really cut the mustard for me either, we already have Bounce in the toolbox for that.