Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Bs To Pay For So Much!

Odey555

This game literally has you pay for many things, lots of the weapons require platinum!
The base of a free-to-play game is that it remains 100% free, or at least 90%!  This is THE FIRST game I've ever seen where you have to PAY to be able to get COLORS for your character!!!  That's TOTAL B.S!!!

This is THE FIRST game I've ever seen where you have to PAY to be able to get COLORS for your character!!! 

Okay...let me just say that aesthetics are THE go-to marketing device to make money in a F2P game.

The game itself IS in fact 90% free, with the exceptions being Colors and Slots. Everything else is basically Play2win (earn yourself the goodies)

This game literally has you pay for many things, lots of the weapons require platinum!

The base of a free-to-play game is that it remains 100% free, or at least 90%!  This is THE FIRST game I've ever seen where you have to PAY to be able to get COLORS for your character!!!  That's TOTAL B.S!!!

You literally need to figure out that you're wrong and are making too many assumptions.

There are things called blueprints. They can be had for in-game credits (not cash/platinum) from the market, or dropped from bosses.

You're welcome.

As Feldgrep has mention you can get warframe parts by farming for their blueprints on bosses. The colors are a bit restrictive and I do wish that they at least gave us the entire classic pallet free instead of about 1/5th of it. The prices for the warframes in platinum is a lot, and many people has pointed it out, but once again you can farm for all but Vauban fairly easily.

Most weapons at first look like they are only obtainable by platinum at first, and I can understand your sudden frustration. However in the main lobby click on Market -> Weapons, then scroll a few pages you can buy nearly all the weapon blue prints there, and all you need is to farm the materials and credits for the cost of building it. However the build time is usually 12 hours.

On a side note, ever tried playing Star Wars the Old Republic when it first came out f2p? You had to pay to have the feature to hide your helmet. That is trying to nickel and dime the player as much as they can.

[insult]

The person is simply a new player, and doesn't know the ins and out of the game. As a first impression it certainly does "look" like most things cost plat only. We don't need to insult other (new) players just because they haven't explored/know as much as us seasoned players.

Edited by Ced23Ric

Colors aren't a requirement and isn't a need. It's more of a want in case you want a different style in which is just a color change... doesn't affect the stats or how well you hide at all.

Weapons are actually more obtainable on Pure gameplay than buying them... wait for alerts and get it from there, Alert weapons cannot be bought [on the exception of the Glaive]

So please play at least a week and then try to make a comment stating on how you feel on the game instead of opening its market when you first get on and yell that it's dumb. It's really more of a troll bait than anything.

Edited by Yanga

Your first game indeed If you've ever played anything F2P this game is nice compared to them

But eh tell us more about how old you are or how many F2P's you've played

They haven't explored so instead of using google, warframe wiki, or helpful forum topics made by other players and developers, they decide to make their own complaint thread where they don't even spend the time to make a structured or intelligent form of criticism of the game.

When I started playing the game I didn't know about blueprints but I started wiki'ing everything, hell, I even noticed that you could buy SOME weapons for straight up credits(Lex was my first purchase on the game.)

This complain thread does bring up one little issue, maybe they should put the blueprints at the same place where you re-equip your weapons so they would be easier for new players to find. Instead of seeing just 90% of the weapons only purchasable by plat and getting the wrong impression.

Some people might assume that the market place button is all "Item Mall" items only just like every other game, and I thought it was like that when I first played. Then when I was interested in the game play, then I like you started to wiki the game and then found out about the blueprints being sold there, and warframe blueprints drops from bosses.

Simply put we should just point the person in the right direction instead of hurling insults. However the "tone" the op uses isn't a very good one, and can understand the hostility to the op, because it comes off very negatively.

Edited by Rafarix

This complain thread does bring up one little issue, maybe they should put the blueprints at the same place where you re-equip your weapons so they would be easier for new players to find. Instead of seeing just 90% of the weapons only purchasable by plat and getting the wrong impression.

Some people might assume that the market place button is all "Item Mall" items only just like every other game, and I thought it was like that when I first played. Then when I was interested in the game play, then I like you started to wiki the game and then found out about the blueprints being sold there, and warframe blueprints drops from bosses.

Simply put we should just point the person in the right direction instead of hurling insults. However the "tone" the op uses isn't a very good one, and can understand the hostility to the op, because it comes off very negatively.

True - I suppose I was a little lost at first too. They don't exactly make it obvious that there are blueprints at all (other than when you get Cronus, but they don't say where/how you can get more).

Maybe some extra details should be added when you first start playing? I know it introduces you to the Foundry and such, but does it show you the market and how there are blueprints there as well? I don't remember..

Edited by Niavlys77

To be honest the entire marketplace could be cleaned up. Each Category could be split up between Blueprints and actual items, with the Blueprints page opening first, and for the Equipment panel, Split up into two categories (Colour/Customization, Mission Tools/Equipment)

To be honest the entire marketplace could be cleaned up. Each Category could be split up between Blueprints and actual items, with the Blueprints page opening first, and for the Equipment panel, Split up into two categories (Colour/Customization, Mission Tools/Equipment)

I like that idea - blueprints really SHOULD be split from actual equipment. Things in the market don't seem organized all that well.

Colors are one thing that SHOULD cost real money cause they give you no benefit ingame. Just makes you look prettier.