Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Noobism Now! Educate Players About Exp Share Mechanics!

MattHarrigan

To the OP, if I might explain why maybe a small minority, myself included sometimes, camp at a spawn point. First off there are two types of "defense heroes" the first type are the ones everyone hates, those who could care less if anyone else gets credit for shared xp, or are just trolls. Then there are the second type, which includes myself, we don't sit at the spawn point, we kill what comes out of that point then we retreat back towards the pod to help wherever we are needed. We do this because our way of thinking is the less that get to the pod the better for the pod's survival. The difference between my type and the others is that the pod's survival is first and foremost in our thinking not xp or kills. I just wanted the OP to get the other side of the coin that there is a reason why some of us do that.

To the OP, if I might explain why maybe a small minority, myself included sometimes, camp at a spawn point. First off there are two types of "defense heroes" the first type are the ones everyone hates, those who could care less if anyone else gets credit for shared xp, or are just trolls. Then there are the second type, which includes myself, we don't sit at the spawn point, we kill what comes out of that point then we retreat back towards the pod to help wherever we are needed. We do this because our way of thinking is the less that get to the pod the better for the pod's survival. The difference between my type and the others is that the pod's survival is first and foremost in our thinking not xp or kills. I just wanted the OP to get the other side of the coin that there is a reason why some of us do that.

This guy gets it.

DE, please teach new players how experience in this game is shared between players.

That's like not having a limit on run speed and weapon damage, and then "teach" people how fast they may run and how much damage they are allowed to do. It will not solve the problem of game rules that are not being enforced.

All important game rules should be enforced by the game's software.

This thread again?

Why is it everytime I come into these threads its pretty much the OP complaining "OH IM NOT GETTING MY EXP GIVE ME MY FREE EXP GIVE ME NOW!" But explaining it in a way as to not make him sound like a $&*^ when the exp and resources are clearly all he/she cares about...

Its already been proven camping spawns allows the pod to survive longer even without defense frames.
Which is prolly what these guys are going off of.
Its also been shown leeching offers the most EXP of any method in the game so instead of sitting at the pod waiting for free EXP why dont you go and help said person and get some of that EXP as well since there is no law in this game dictating you MUST remain near the cryopod in a defense mission.
Be flexible and its not hard to be adaptive in these defense maps either since they are all pretty damn small... In random games they dont have to play your way and in fact I find in random groups we lose rounds more easily staying near the pod and lose tons of potential exp as opposed to having 2 people camping each spawn. 

But what ever im ranting now,

tl;dr - Learn to be flexible yourselves, Stop whining about exp in a way that doesnt make you out to just care about exp when you clearly do. be adaptive to the situation since the room for defense is very small it isnt hard. I wonder how many down votes this would get if they still had it on the forum.

Once again to the OP if this is about not getting your XP's there is a very easy solution, Go to Io on Jupiter solo and sit on top of the boxes and just mow down anything that comes to the pod and get all the XP's you want that's what I do, mods and resources in abundance. To a very few it's not about XP's but about completing the mission which is to protect the pod to the highest level possible.

So, the last 4 posters completely missed the point of this thread, and I think they're proud of that. 

Reminder: this thread is about the sharing of information, not the re-balancing of a mechanic.  All this thread is designed to do is request that DE make in-game mechanics lest mysterious (specifically the shared exp mechanics) so that people are more informed, make less stupid assumptions, and over-all make themselves look like idiots to those of us who do know what's happening behind the scenes. 

If they die I let them die.... If they still don't get the hint then I use my very special spawn reset skill (rhino stomp ) then laugh but even with tips and people saying it's shared xp then still won't care ...... And if the entire party wonders off I Jus let yhe pod or datamass take damage makes them turn around real quick

This also is what I was trying to do in my original post, but I have to concede to the OP there is a third group which are the ones uninformed about shared XP because as I was thinking back, I actually did not know about shared XP till someone happen to mention it on chat, and I had already been playing for about 3 months. So getting back to the OP there needs to be better info for new players as they come in. My OP was trying to show that not all "defense Heroes" are A-holes:)

Don't really know how people could possibly miss this mechanic. If you don't use your weapon and suddenly it level itself up during the mission - incontrovertible proof that EXP sharing. Happened to me on my first day back in January.

Are we playing with actual human?

Thanks for everyone who sees what I'm telling, sticking to the topic and not being offended. As someone said, DE already announced they want to improving on the tutorials and help. I hope they include all the important parts, like how exactly is (ally's kills) exp shared and distributed among your gear.

Btw, the Affinity article, section ally's kills on the Wiki is incorrect...

What ever slot the weapon kill is made from will grant the displayed amount of affinity to the weapon in that slot for every player, regardless of whether or not the player had used it.

Wrong. Ally's kills Affinity is split, a big part goes into your Warframe (1/3?), the rest is evenly distributed among weapons. Again, correct me if I'm wrong. I never calculated it ;)

This thread again?

Why is it everytime I come into these threads its pretty much the OP complaining "OH IM NOT GETTING MY EXP GIVE ME MY FREE EXP GIVE ME NOW!" But explaining it in a way as to not make him sound like a $&*^ when the exp and resources are clearly all he/she cares about...

Its already been proven camping spawns allows the pod to survive longer even without defense frames.

Which is prolly what these guys are going off of.

Its also been shown leeching offers the most EXP of any method in the game so instead of sitting at the pod waiting for free EXP why dont you go and help said person and get some of that EXP as well since there is no law in this game dictating you MUST remain near the cryopod in a defense mission.

Be flexible and its not hard to be adaptive in these defense maps either since they are all pretty damn small... In random games they dont have to play your way and in fact I find in random groups we lose rounds more easily staying near the pod and lose tons of potential exp as opposed to having 2 people camping each spawn. 

But what ever im ranting now,

tl;dr - Learn to be flexible yourselves, Stop whining about exp in a way that doesnt make you out to just care about exp when you clearly do. be adaptive to the situation since the room for defense is very small it isnt hard. I wonder how many down votes this would get if they still had it on the forum.

To further expand on this... I've actually found that if all members are located in an area visible to mobs that typically rush the pod.. their path-finding alters and they end up going after the clump of tenno thus leaving the pod to exist untouched and unattended.  Then it's a simple process of crush the mobs before they reach you.  

if they get to you then of cause they turn around and head for the pod but that's part of the method for that approach.

As for a team member killing a bunch of enemies away from the group and NOT communication their plan.. That bothers me as it can only set things up for failure.