The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Sentinel Weapons, Simplify!

Licter

As it stands right now, sentinels don't even have enough different mods to fill their mod slots.  With all the new mods the devs have introduce, not a single one fills this void.

Having weapon mods on a 'pet'?  Ok, sure you can do it.  The question is, why would you want to?

So combine the sentinel's weapon into the sentinel itself.  It levels with the sentinel, and there would be some mods specifically to increase damage, add elemental or stun effects, ect.  These mods would go onto the sentinel, right alongside the other sentinel mods.

Now you have to actually make a choice about how you set up your sentinel.  Do you want a glass cannon?  Load up damage, elemental effects, ect.  Want a sentinel that can survive a nasty firefight?   Take more defense mods and have less damage.

Additionally, this would allow sentinel damage mods to scale differently from standard weapon mods.  Thus sentinels could, if outfitted properly, take up different roles.  DPS, crowd control, quasi-tank, ect.

No. The sentinel HAS a weapon which you mod. It isn't a weapon. With all the mods there's only 1 spot left.

Not true for deth cube. Or is it? I think I have everything on there and I have two spots...

Vaporize

Swift Death

Guardian

Steel Fiber

Vitality

Fast Deflection

Redirection

Regen

??

??

What am I missing?!! :o

Not true for deth cube. Or is it? I think I have everything on there and I have two spots...

Vaporize

Swift Death

Guardian

Steel Fiber

Vitality

Fast Deflection

Redirection

Regen

??

??

Sanctuary. The one that gives the shield while you're reviving people. People tell me it exists, I don't think it really exists. Mainly because I've never seen the damn thing drop!

On topic: Sentinel mods aren't a bad idea, but it would probably bloat the system. Given that we could probably increase the maximum number of mod slots, it would definitely give a lot more variation in sentinel mods and choices, but it would also add a huge number of random mods to the pool and that might just be unnecessary bloat. We don't really need to add an extra ten (minimum, probably more) mods when we have a functional system as-is.

Vaporize

Swift Death

Guardian

Steel Fiber

Vitality

Fast Deflection

Redirection

Regen

??

??

"Sit" and "Do A Barrel Roll."

Psst.

I think he was joking.

Probably, he's just having a bad time finding the right module. Like I had a hard time finding Speed Trigger for a MONTH now. I mean, they should really fix the Mod system. I usually get more rare mods than common and uncommon mods.

A lot of great feedback, I love it.

I understand the concern of peoples' investment in the sentinel weapons being refunded.  Which I should imagine would be a reasonably simple thing.

I hadn't considered the notion of diluting the drop tables with yet more mods you don't want or care about.  Then again, whole other threads have been started and debated about the RNG system for getting mods, and never seeming to get the mod you actually need.

Of course, my original post simply dove-tails into another thing that would be of great benefit: equipment presets.  You save a set of mods for a piece of equipment and can change between the profiles quickly.  This is made much more simple if you don't have mods being shared by more than one item at a time, which currently only happens with sentinel weapons.

Eliminate the sharing of mods between sentinels and weapons, and you can implement an elegant system of equipment presets.