Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survivability

ChurroBatman

Although my point was still that health regeneration is pointless when you already have a regenerating health pool. The health orbs are the closest you'll get to a regenerating static health pool because the entire point of the static health pool is that it only goes down if you're @(*()$ up- and the devs don't particularly want to make it easy to recover from your F***-ups, as that makes challenge essentially worthless.

That argument again? I thought I had said a couple of things on that. Oh well, maybe I'll repost it over and over as well until it makes sense :P

Hey, that's not true.

... People use Enemy Radar, too.

Although my point was still that health regeneration is pointless when you already have a regenerating health pool. The health orbs are the closest you'll get to a regenerating static health pool because the entire point of the static health pool is that it only goes down if you're @(*()$ up- and the devs don't particularly want to make it easy to recover from your F***-ups, as that makes challenge essentially worthless.

you're completely missing my initial point here, all i said is that items and health orbs become either trivial to use or worthless on later levels, and that they should restore hp proportional to how much your maximum hp is, i dont want them to completely revamp the entire shield vs. health system, what i want is a better way for people to recover using the current system, because for lower players, 25 per orb and 100 per item is either a bit much, or enough, but on later levels both seem to be so little it makes hardly any kind of dent at all in your 300 hp or higher

That argument again? I thought I had said a couple of things on that. Oh well, maybe I'll repost it over and over as well until it makes sense :P

Well I do enjoy circular arguments. They take so much less effort than actually trying to convince people.

you're completely missing my initial point here, all i said is that items and health orbs become either trivial to use or worthless on later levels, and that they should restore hp proportional to how much your maximum hp is, i dont want them to completely revamp the entire shield vs. health system, what i want is a better way for people to recover using the current system, because for lower players, 25 per orb and 100 per item is either a bit much, or enough, but on later levels both seem to be so little it makes hardly any kind of dent at all in your 300 hp or higher

I am not missing your point; I am disagreeing with it. I have already stated why.

Well I do enjoy circular arguments. They take so much less effort than actually trying to convince people.

I am not missing your point; I am disagreeing with it. I have already stated why.

you stated why you disagreed as if i were saying that there should be a regenerating constant rate of health coming back in, something that would pretty much defeat the whole purpose of shields.no, that is stupid, like you've been saying. you're arguing with something that i never claimed to want by starting the topic

EDIT: im getting tired of arguing on the forums though, what really matters is what developers think, and i'll leave it at that

Edited by ChurroBatman

Isn't it? After all a forum is a place to express your opinion, who said anything about reading others' stuff, that's just silly! :P

I'll drop it though, getting a bit old.

Oh! I have an idea!

The devs should add in a small pool of regenerating health, providing players with a small buffer against damage, affording players the chance to make some mistakes, and preventing players from turtling around game levels attempting to avoid taking any damage.

We can then keep the rest of the health pool as static, punishing players if they screw up too badly and take enough damage to overcome their pool of regenerating health.

Of course, this could quickly become frustrating, particularly if there are enemies that can bypass this regenerating health pool and attack the player's static health pool directly. So it would probably be a good idea for the devs to allow players to heal their static pool. But to prevent the static health pool from becoming utterly meaningless, the options to replenish said static health pool should probably be spaced apart so that the player cannot fully regenerate their static health between large engagements.

... Bleh, "static health" and "regenerating health" sounds a bit silly. I propose giving them names that fit with Warframe's aesthetics better.

How does "health" and "shields" sound?

Edit: The point of this post is to point out how silly this concept is.

Healing large amounts of health is not a very good idea. At low levels, it's easy-ish to regenerate health because those are the level devs expect new players to play at; it provides new players with a buffer to develop their skills at, before they become skilled enough to be able to challenge the game without that buffer.

We already have a regenerating health system in our shields. If you're taking static health damage, then you've screwed up. The devs shouldn't make it easy to recover from this damage.

Yea... NO.

Healing large amounts of health is a "great" idea. infact, it is what the game does early game. It's BECAUSE it's "easy-ish" to regenerate health that we gain so much health from the pods/containers/storages. New players will pick up things from old players, and pick things up themselves. They have stated this before, they want to support the players as much as possible, not restrain them and give them a hard time. Sure- there is challenge, but that's a different concept.

Because, when the player ranks up, so do the enemies it follows up by levels. And so should items and the enviroment.

It's just "almost logic" to every game.

You're literaly saying, give players level 1 potions who are level 50.(following RPG logic ofc). And then blame them for being bad at the game if they fail.

You're literaly saying, give players level 1 potions who are level 50.(following RPG logic ofc). And then blame them for being bad at the game if they fail.

I am literally saying that, am I? Would you please provide a quote of me literally saying that, then? Thanks in advance!

I am literally saying that, am I? Would you please provide a quote of me literally saying that, then? Thanks in advance!

Sorry, you seem to have edited your post.

That's cute.

"Healing large amounts of health is not a very good idea. At low levels, it's easy-ish to regenerate health because those are the level devs expect new players to play at; it provides new players with a buffer to develop their skills at, before they become skilled enough to be able to challenge the game without that buffer."

it's just a mere translation, nothing more.

That's cute.

"Healing large amounts of health is not a very good idea. At low levels, it's easy-ish to regenerate health because those are the level devs expect new players to play at; it provides new players with a buffer to develop their skills at, before they become skilled enough to be able to challenge the game without that buffer."

Renkai, going hard, and taking names

That's cute.

Oh, indeed. Luckily for me, the forum provides timestamps on edits, showing pretty clearly that the last time I edited my post was over an hour and a half before you posted. And, well, the quote you provided is even still in my post, so I'm not even sure what you're accusing me of here. Unless you'd prefer I didn't clarify my points in the future?

Still, a nice effort at discrediting me. 6/10.

That's a nice appeal to ridicule. (And a false equivalency; but hey, who's counting?)

Of course, it's not actually a valid comparison. Warframe doesn't rely exclusively upon a static health pool; it has both a static health pool and a regenerating health pool. In a typical RPG, one needs health potions because it's the only way to heal from damage that you cannot actually avoid.

Meanwhile, Warframe has both static and regenerative health pools, and it affords the player the means to avoid taking damage to either pool of health.

So, it wasn't a translation; it was simply an attempt to ridicule my argument. A nice attempt, though.

Oh, indeed. Luckily for me, the forum provides timestamps on edits, showing pretty clearly that the last time I edited my post was over an hour and a half before you posted. And, well, the quote you provided is even still in my post, so I'm not even sure what you're accusing me of here. Unless you'd prefer I didn't clarify my points in the future?

Still, a nice effort at discrediting me. 6/10.

That's a nice appeal to ridicule. (And a false equivalency; but hey, who's counting?)

Of course, it's not actually a valid comparison. Warframe doesn't rely exclusively upon a static health pool; it has both a static health pool and a regenerating health pool. In a typical RPG, one needs health potions because it's the only way to heal from damage that you cannot actually avoid.

Meanwhile, Warframe has both static and regenerative health pools, and it affords the player the means to avoid taking damage to either pool of health.

So, it wasn't a translation; it was simply an attempt to ridicule my argument. A nice attempt, though.

That's irrelevant to the mainpoint.

When did I try to ridicule your argument?

"Would you please provide a quote of me literally saying that, then? Thanks in advance!"

Edit :

8D!

Edited by Renkai141