Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Ivara still cloak companions?

MooseCadets

Question

Title. The most recent thing about this I've seen was a reddit post that said it was patched out a half a year ago. Although everyone there seemed to be surprised and it wasn't listed in the patch notes. Was that a bug? Can you cloak companions again?

Side question: What would you recommend as a companion? I like Kubrows more than Kavats but I don't have the stealth one. I don't know if the stealth is redundant and therefore useless so I wanted to ask. As for sentinels, I almost always run Carrier, but I've heard that Helios with the enemy scan can be nice. Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

Ivara can cloak any player character or NPC with the exception of herself and her own companion. Even using Navigator to guide the cloak arrow into her companion will still result in it going through the character.

However, due to the nature of Prowl also casting invisibility on her companions, this is a non-issue for a typical game.

To answer your question, yes Ivara can cloak allies and their companions with the cloak arrow but not her self or her own companions.

31 minutes ago, MooseCadets said:Side question: What would you recommend as a companion? I like Kubrows more than Kavats but I don't have the stealth one. I don't know if the stealth is redundant and therefore useless so I wanted to ask. As for sentinels, I almost always run Carrier, but I've heard that Helios with the enemy scan can be nice. Any suggestions?

You would be right to assume that a stealth companion would be somewhat redundant with Ivara due to Prowl and the Cloak Arrow. For companions, the choice is more subjective than usual. If you find yourself using a lot of ammo-hungry weapons then Carrier might be a good choice. If you want to passively scan enemies for the codex and/or use the "Detect Vulnerability" mod for Helios, then that is also a solid choice. You don't have to worry as much about your companion taking damage because it will invisible most of the time.

She still cloaks all of your companions when Prowling. The only thing you have to remember is that Kubrows and Kavats will attack when you do, and do not re-enter stealth functionally (visually, they are still cloaked) when they cease attacking (you'll have to uncloak and recloak). Sentinels will remain passive while you're cloaked, however.

As for which companion...to be perfectly honest, Ivara is best off with a Sentinel. A shade sentinel can cloak you just like the Kubrow, but without being a massive aggro magnet, and vacuum items in so you don't have to move around too much.

Personally, I tend to run Ivara with a focus on energy (Energy Siphon Aura and Energy Overflow), which allows you to cast a cloak arrow on the ground and sit tight inside of its bubble for a few moments to regain energy while continuing to be invisible as you turn your Prowl off. You don't even really need health or shield mods at that point. A Quick Thinking will protect you from random explosions that would otherwise kill you at your low HP (Kuva Fortress mines).