Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

On 3/3/2017 at 1:59 PM, Shufly said:

The weapon: Spahd (Spade)

Stance/Weapon-style: Heavy Blade

Faction: Grineer

Background: Created to honor Grineer of high standing. This shovel (or spade) has been reproduced in remembrance that even the lowliest of Grineer are capable of incredible feats and to commemorate the first known victory over the Sentients by Grineer "forces". This enhanced workers tool comes with Plasma blade tips that cut through ore and rock just as well as it does the wielders foes.

Edit=(I'll be posting some more refined stuff once I can find a scanner. Sorry but the S#&$ drawings will have to do for now till I can get my tablet going). Gotta use that two picture limit!
Edit 2: here's something more fancy... I'll probably edit one more time after this to show a complete concept (after I erase one of the two pics)

If this doesn't end up in game I'm going to be so salty lol. This has to be the most grineer weapon I've ever seen next to Twin Grakatas. Bonus points if you make the BP drop from a Clem related quest! XD

TBH all the top voted weapons are pretty cool but this and the tenno umbrella-rapier are easily the most original whilst still being in design parameters:

On 3/4/2017 at 10:18 AM, Ashvall said:

Faction: Tenno
Brief Description:
"Traditionally used in Tenno ceremony, this ornate umbrella is augmented with bulletproof material and sharp edges to help discerning Tennos in combat."
Uses rapier type grip and when right clicking opens up the umbrella to deflect incoming bullets. The Tenno opens the umbrella and charges forward when doing charge attacks, sending enemies flying. Deals puncture damage and a bit of slash.

ZjHU7ln.jpg

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

Okay based on what I saw on the last Prime Time, I would love to have all of the weapons but if I had to choose 3, I would say the umbrella (I think that it is a rapier because we need more of those, correct me if I am wrong about it being a rapier) also the rapier stance that we have is good and I would love to see another one. The fighting fans because new cool weapon dual fighting fans would be nice. And, the sword and shield that became wings when sheathed because who doesn't love a pair of cool wings #fashionframe and the sword and shield stances are good (Final Harbinger). 

But tell me what you think, what are your top 3 choices so far? 

Faction: Orokin

Stance: [Polearm] / Secondary fire button to switch to [Dual Sword]

Desc: "Dainata," portmanteau of Daisho ("Big-Little" dual swords) and Naginata (Reaping blade), going for a very loose translation of "Vast Reaper," the like.

A long elegant polearm for wide field battles, or two fast swords for close-encounter/ stealth

8SsZxj4.pngXyUeZH7.png

On 3/3/2017 at 1:58 PM, Senketsu_ said:

The Kanigata/dragon Kanigata.

ZxzGqiX.png

• Kanigata.
  • Faction: Tenno.
  • Grip: Polearm.
  • Description: A Polearm predating the Orokin Empire. It shares its origins and forging technique with the Nikana. Excels at killing your enemies at a distance

Kanigata Stats: 
Impact: 3.5
Puncture: 25.3
Slash: 45.2
Crit Ch: 15%
Crit Dmg: 100%
Attck Speed: 1.2 rate
Status Chance: 20%
Mastery Level: 4

Stance: Polearm

Dragon Kanigata Stats:

Impact: 4.0

Puncture: 28.8

Slash: 80.2

Crit Ch: 20%

Crit Dmg: 200%

Attack Speed: 1.0 rate

Status Chance: 25%

Mastery Level: 8

Stance: Polearm

can we buff the stats so that I beats orthos prime?

On 3/4/2017 at 0:18 PM, Ashvall said:

Faction: Tenno
Brief Description:
"Traditionally used in Tenno ceremony, this ornate umbrella is augmented with bulletproof material and sharp edges to help discerning Tennos in combat."
Uses rapier type grip and when right clicking opens up the umbrella to deflect incoming bullets. The Tenno opens the umbrella and charges forward when doing charge attacks, sending enemies flying. Deals puncture damage and a bit of slash.

ZjHU7ln.jpg

I love this so much.

On 3/8/2017 at 0:37 AM, Stud_Van_Gash said:

From the past, I wanted a weapons design like a Japanese fan.
I am glad that the design contest is open to reveal my ideas.

fX9ZgQQ.png

1UsrJTo.jpg

Name : Dual Hanabee-Shan
Faction : Tenno
Type : Dual Daggers
Damage : Slash
Description : The feature of fan shape dual daggers can be cherry blossom effected during the channeling attacks.

I wanted to show the possibility that the weapons could be a piece of art, not a tool of a murder.

i really like it!! and as i said before do-want-squirell.jpg

Infested Dagger

Faction: Infestation

Brief Description: A dagger that, when held makes only Infested Chargers and Crawlers friendly (other units are still hostile) and has a chance of converting a normal Corpus or Grineer enemy into its Infested version upon lethal finisher attacks. If an enemy is converted to its infested version upon finisher kill, the player is dealt 3% of their maximum health pool as damage.

Artwork: (Tried the best I could)

Spoiler

2b8300b747.png

I think Dev team need something new to the game ... let me try.

17212209_1271937799562338_81926487832460

does the picture post work?

Oh BTW grip type is just like the Glaive or Glaive Prime.... might need a little adjustment though

Edited by Fosteri

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)VigorousKWAF said:

stahp, its not working.

HERE IS HOW YOU POST IMAGES TO ANY FORUM.

1) open up imgur.com

2) click drag your file into imgur.com

3) then you copy the link on the image into the forum post.

4) make sure that box comes up, and then a preview of your image will appear before you submit it.

5) then you submit it.

and then you give this post a happy little upvote because somebody had to do this.

side note

AS SOMEBODY WHO FREQUENTS THE IMGUR USER SUB, DO NOT BY ANY MEANS HIT THE BIG GREEN SUBMIT BUTTON WHEN UPLOADING YOUR IMAGE TO IMGUR. THIS MAKES USER SUB A DISPLEASING PLACE FULL OF TRASH NOBODY CARES ABOUT.

Edited by Khobi
apparently i needed to be more concise

On 3.3.2017 at 10:30 PM, SoulXZero said:

So I came up with this pretty awesome idea (atleast i think so)
think about a weapon that works a little bit like nidus (when i say nidus i mean with transformations that are determined by some kind of given value)
i thought about a weapon that would transform (doesn't have to be a big transformation visually)
I came up with this because I really liked the concept of nidus and thought why couldn't there be weapons like this in the game
here are early concept (sorry for rough lines still trying to learn how to draw in drawing programs. and sorry for no colors still didnt come up with good color combination for the weapon) drawings by me I hope you like them
3bc7497f60.jpg

In this picture you can see the "base form" and the "awoken form" of the weapon (awoken form will be determined by how many kills you get)
base form is nothing special but the awoken form makes the magatama engulf in flames aswell as the three horn like structures
In the lower part you can see demonic like scales growing out of the weapon.
in my mind i thought that this weapons awoken form would increase its range aswell as its damage output and has a low chance to set the enemy on fire for a set amount of time(the numbers dont have to be high just and idea)

Ok so now to the point

Faction: Tenno Demonic Weapon

Brief description:   A Tenno Made Weapon That Bring Fierce Destruction And Flaming Disaster To Any Enemy That Will Come In Range This Weapons Devastating Claws Will Tear Any Enemy That Comes In Its Way This Weapon Feeds On His Enemy's Blood To Grow Stronger. This Ancient Weapon Was Wielded By The Strongest And Fearless Tenno During The War

Tapping Melee Should Use The Fist Grip Animation. Charging Should Do A Strong Punch And While in Awoken Form It Will Shoot A Short Range Fire Projectile Forwards From The Teeno If The Enemy Is Stealth Killed there should be an animation where the weapon goes strait through the enemy's heart

a Melee weapon gauntlet? How is that not a thing already?!

1 minute ago, Zelgius11 said:

a Melee weapon gauntlet? How is that not a thing already?!

don't worry about that. he litterally traced over a still from an anime called 'twin star exorcist'. people want their favorite anime weapons trashing up warframe. not to mention all the legal trouble DE would go through.

TO ANYBODY WANTING THEIR WEAPONS FROM ANIME SUBMITTED HERE:

go play skyrim. or blog about it on tumblr or something please. this is not the place.

I'm playing around with an idea for a weapon that I believe can have it's stance, grip and other motions pulled from a combination of weapons, however I believe it would need a new weapon type. From my understanding of the rules this would not be acceptable. Am I right? 

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)crazyc273 said:

I'm playing around with an idea for a weapon that I believe can have it's stance, grip and other motions pulled from a combination of weapons, however I believe it would need a new weapon type. From my understanding of the rules this would not be acceptable. Am I right? 

correct it would not. my submission, however, is a rocket lance which should be capable of using recycled animations from other stances. the point of this is to keep DE from using their animators as much as possible for this project. possibly because they may be busy working on something else. so try to come up with a drawing that would only keep the modeling department busy.

now looking back your situation is the same as mine. keep in mind my submission may be disqualified because of it, though. I had the model laying around so I reskinned it and submitted. you are free to try however it's a bit risky.

Edited by Khobi