Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

On 3/10/2017 at 6:09 PM, (PS4)Perverse3000 said:

Maybe you should go look up licensing and copy right law. DE will generate profit off of your idea if you win. Compensation regardless of what is stated is required in the end. Remember we are not employees of DE. :)

That's why it's a contest though. For people who love the game to put their ideas out there and have a chance at seeing them come to life. A prize is always nice, but seeing your concept in a game you love to play is a prize in itself, is it not?

Edited by peppermintneko
Corrected spelling errors.

On 2017-03-03 at 10:41 AM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

Mutalist Dragon Nikana:

Reveal hidden contents

Derived from its original concept thread , if your curious on the origin 

Faction: mutalist/infested
Brief Description:

the once majestic dragon nikana has become warped due to infestation spores, its grown and evolved into something more ..

when the sword is drawn the sheath roars like an ancient and stuns nearby enemies for a short duration & area 

when performing charge attacks, the sheath will spew spores onto inflicted targets by the blade

dealing status procs of toxic that leaves behind a gaseous cloud for a short time

mainly to be used with quick draw single hand attacks to make use of the sheaths effect 

grip style is nikana 
Original Artwork: 

Design:

mutualist dragon nikana by DrkMako

Effect in use:

C6BGt37VMAAfy-O.jpg:large

I just shat myself

Faction: Corpus

Type: Heavy Blade (Tempo Royale)

Description: A Greataxe with Corpus tech improvements resulting in a slow to swing but powerful weapon that has an edge carrying an electrical charge so high that generates highly charged plasma as it contacts the air whilst in operation the charge is so large that it creates arcs between the tips of both blades.

Lv7IAmD.png

On 3/11/2017 at 7:01 PM, NovaXcaliber said:

Faction: Grineer

Backstory: The Grineer, tired of being beaten over and over again, developed a new weapon in an attempt to increase weapon versatility, and therefore catch the Tenno off-guard through having a variety of different weapons types in a single weapon. Having a weapon that could be transformed from one form to another would greatly increase the Grineer's ability to wipe out their enemies. (Or so the developers of the weapon thought.)

Drakinar

Weapon description:

The weapon's base form is a heavy blade. As a heavy sword, the blades of the weapon are coated with plasma, giving off the heat damage lighting effect. Primary damage type is slash, with some heat damage.

With different stance mods equipped, the weapon rearranges itself into a sword and shield. The blade's sheath is built into the shield, allowing for easy carry of the blade.

Or, with a gunblade stance, the sword could just be an irremovable part of the shield. The handle would be on the back of the shield, slightly offset from its base so that it could utilize the combos of the stance. The blades on the sides of the shield act as the blade, while the cannon(s) built into the shield act as the gun.

Colors: Color scheme should be similar to the Drakgoon's. Please ignore the colors in the image. They are just to show what parts of the weapon go where from heavy blade to sword&shield/gunblade.

d2LtSG9.jpg  

i see you are a fan of charge blades in monster hunter. neat idea

*Left to right. ~Sheathed, Short spear and shield, Polearm, Battle Axe~*

This is my submission. I hope you like it even if it doesn't make the list.

It's a Tenno Ethereal weapon. At first i was inspired by someone's post about a spartan spear and shield idea. Then a couple of my friends/family suggested I make it able to turn into different weapons similar to the Dark Split-Sword stance change weapon. I also used some references from the Tipedo, and Ethereal Swords as well as the Ack and Brunt weapons.

It could change weapon type/combos based on the stance just like Dark Split-Sword.

Edited by (PS4)TjClay118
Adding details

Faction: Tenno

Grip type: Whip

Description: A recent Tenno flail, created by reverse engineering the Jat Kittag. It's made to have a more compact and refined structure, appropriate for Tenno use. The jet engines were repurposed to explode on hit.

-High status chance/ natural blast status/ impact based.

Edited by LOLI_ALPHA
correcting typos

My submission is the Dual Double Blades. I hope you guys like mine!

The art is a little last minute, so I might go over this image with a bit more time to add more detail.

Grip Type: Dual Swords

Brief Description: Ergonomic handles with lightly curved 3ft. 6in. blades on both ends of the handle. The blades themselves could retract when holstered, making them less cumbersome to walk around with. The base of the blades are engraved with Orokin/Tenno text following the blade's edge. This weapon can allow for quick, nimble, and sweeping jump attacks which can make the wielding Tenno a harder target to hit while striking, albeit slightly.

lYtsaQk.png

Edited by Xamerzan
Changed the art.

1 minute ago, Xamerzan said:

My submission is the Duel Double Blades. I hope you guys like mine!

The art is a little last minute, so I might go over this image with a bit more time to add more detail.

Brief Description: Ergonomic handles with lightly curved 3ft. 6in. blades on both ends of the handle. The blades themselves could retract when holstered, making them less cumbersome to walk around with (I'll probably re-draw the blade with this feature later). 

YR6yaza.png

what grip

BLADE FURY

This is my design is a gauntlet with telepathic ability to a set of daggers (10-15) and go away in a little pouch on the Tenno waist (at the back) floating around the Tenno and deals primarily puncture damage but sadly i can't show the image. So D.E you have permission to design it how you please but please give credit if you choose it and for blocking all blades go into the gauntlet and creates a large energy shield for the tenno to hind behind but you are vulnerable from the back and they have the same range as a orthos prime with reach (reg) maxed

Faction: Orokin

Stance: Final Slice, press E, E, Hold E, E, E cuts enemies in chest area then stabs into them like a pincushion dealing 200 damage in tick damage then tearing them apart

Grip type: venka/dual swords

stats: 80 Puncture, 0.5 Impact and 10.5 Slash

wall attack : 100 but spread out around tenno because they bounce off the walls

Spin attack : 200 all together but only attacks lower region ( waist and below)

Jump attack : 150 a small AoE attack with daggers point at a 45o angle downwards

this is it

Edited by Killshredder

1 minute ago, Killshredder said:

BLADE FURY

This is my design is a gauntlet with telepathic ability to a set of daggers (10-15) and go away in a little pouch on the Tenno waist (at the back) floating around the Tenno and deals primarily puncture damage but sadly i can't show the image. So D.E you have permission to design it how you please but please give credit if you choose it

Faction Orokin

Grip type of the venka

stats: 80 Puncture, 0.5 Impact and 10.5 Slash

wall attack : 100 but spread out around tenno

Spin attack : 200 all together but only attacks lower region ( waist and under)

Jump attack : 150 a small AoE attack with daggers point at a 45o angle downwards

cn u post it

3 minutes ago, Killshredder said:

nope just show the image and i can't save it

file:///C:/Users/Mash/Documents/Scanned%20Documents/Image%20(2).jpg

You can go to Imgur to post your image then use the BBCode link to insert the image.

Edited by Xamerzan

1 minute ago, Killshredder said:

the grip is the venka but i see where dual swords come into it

It only looks like they'd be Venka grip most likely because of the little example sketches I have in there. I promise you, it's intended to be a Duel Swords Grip. =)